I recently purchased a screen protector and a battery from Seidio. The screen protector was sent about 5 weeks ago and I never received it. The battery was sent to me and it took 4 weeks to arrive to me. Usually, in my experience of ordering from companies in the U.S, I usually receive them within 2 weeks.

I asked for a replacement to be sent to me for the $12.00(RIP-OFF) screen protectors to be sent to me. They where VERY hesitant to send me new ones even though the tracking information showed it had never arrived. After a couple of phones calls, and online chats and pushing them, they finally sent them out via FedEx Priority (due to inconvenience). A day later I find out they did not send it via Priority and they sent it via Regular which takes up to another week to arrive. Yet another mistake made on there part.

One of there reps told me as an inconvenience they would give me 20% of my next order which I said fine to, but wasn't completely satisfied because I think my inconvenience is worth more then 20% off a next order. At this point, I didn't even want to order another item from them. I asked them if they could maybe send me an item out of my choice as courtesy and they said it couldn't be done.

At this point, I decided, fine, I will just take this down as a note the next time I order from them.

About 2 and a half weeks later I decide I want to make an order for another item and use the 20% coupon they offer. They then began to tell me that they not offered me 20% off my next order (BS) and that there is nothing they can do. On top of this, two of there reps hung up on me on there online chat.

This is the last time I order from this company again and advise you to take this into consideration when ordering from them. They obviously don't know how to run a business and I don't think they will succeed much longer because there CS is crap.

I also noticed, that the description of there items on there website is false. They say there OEM battery is the exact size as the regular battery when it clearly is not and is a bit bulkier therefore pushing your battery cover up.

What do you think?
    Last edited by BlackberryB; 12-07-09 at 04:42 PM.
    12-07-09 04:15 PM
    I think I ordered their extended battery for my Curve and was extremely satisfied with the product as well as the prompt shipping. I have another battery for my new Tour set to arrive tomorrow, ordered here from Crackberry. I expect the same satisfaction.
    12-07-09 04:35 PM
    I think I ordered their extended battery for my Curve and was extremely satisfied with the product as well as the prompt shipping. I have another battery for my new Tour set to arrive tomorrow, ordered here from Crackberry. I expect the same satisfaction.
    If anyone orders an item from Seidio which I don't recommend, then they should order it through a 3rd party retailer.

Hence, I still don't think there batteries are worth the money they charge for them. You can get a second battery on eBay for $10.00. Why pay $50.00+.
    Last edited by BlackberryB; 12-07-09 at 04:45 PM.
    12-07-09 04:39 PM
    I have always had good experiences in dealing with Seidio. They've exchanged or replaced items without any argument. I'm a satisfied customer.
    12-07-09 05:03 PM
    I have always had good experiences in dealing with Seidio. They've exchanged or replaced items without any argument. I'm a satisfied customer.
    You should see the dozens who have had bad experiences with there CS and products. I can't believe why anyone would spent that much money on a battery when you can order an OEM for MUCH less.

You also said you had to exchange/replace items with them and you are saying you like there products? If you had to exchange/replace your Seidio products then why do you think there products are amazing?
    12-07-09 05:06 PM
    You can get a second battery on eBay for $10.00. Why pay $50.00+.
    Yes they are only $10, but 80% are fake.
    12-07-09 08:40 PM
    Yes they are only $10, but 80% are fake.
    $10 was a bit of an exaggeration. A OEM battery is $25 still $35 less.
    12-07-09 08:48 PM
    $10 was a bit of an exaggeration. A OEM battery is $25 still $35 less.
    Still wouldn't trust ebay for batteries.
    12-07-09 09:20 PM
    do not trust the battery sell in ebay ! what do u expect that the battery is only cost $10?

there must be some reasons that seidio, mugen power are selling the battery in a high price, i believe it could show the quality of the battery!
    12-09-09 12:37 AM
    Me too. And theirs go to 11.
    12-09-09 11:31 AM
    Only $30 for a battery from BlackBerry 9700 Accessories. That's only one model, but I'm sure the other models are priced the same. I've bought several things off of BBS and have nothing negative to say about them.
    12-09-09 04:31 PM
    i bought my seidio battery off ebay. ended up being $60 AUD coz i bought 3 all up coz my mates wanted one as well. works excellent to. noticed the difference. i got the 1750 one. the sellers also based in the US and it only took about a week to send to australia.
    12-10-09 02:07 AM
    eBay Australia Shop - eMobile In Hand: extended battery case holster combo audio adapter stylus, seidio smartphone accessories, blackberry

this store is a seidio reseller. if he doesnt have the seidio item listed on his ebay store just quote the Manufacturer SKU and he will try and get them in for you.
    12-10-09 03:45 AM
    Trust me, OP, you're not the only one who's be treated like that by Seidio. There are many people who back them blindly since their orders went smoothly, but when there's any type of hicup, Seidio falls way short. Personally it makes me cringe when I see how they rely on making public amends online here, but behind the scenes there are many who are not either vocal on the forums or are not well respected, therefore Seidio sweeps them under the carpet. Not only that, but some of their products actually damage what they are protecting, and people still praise them. I don't get it. Lastly, DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR PRIMARY E-MAIL ADDRESS! I continually get their emails and I will probably never order from them again. I have requested to be taken off their mailing list, but like a pesky fly, there they are. I know I sound bitter, it's probably cause I am. Funny thing, Seidio is the only company I've dealt with in I'd say the past 15 odd years that left a bad taste in my mouth. Thee only one.
    12-12-09 02:37 PM
    I bought my Seidio 1600mAh batt through the CB store. No problems with it at all, and it's a camel compared the the 1380mAh that comes with the S2. Regardless, sorry you had a bad experience with them.
    12-12-09 02:49 PM
    I have also been a big customer of them, and still am.

I can't believe Seidio doesn't even bother to reply to me here. I finally got them to honor the 20% discount and they admitted they made a mistake .They offered no such compensation besides a measly 20% off which I ended up using and buying more of there products which hopefully turn out good.

All in all, I am still disappointed and expect some sort of compensation and not 20%.
    Last edited by BlackberryB; 12-12-09 at 07:17 PM.
    12-12-09 07:09 PM
    thanks for the heads up!!
    12-13-09 09:36 AM
    Try AMAZON and specifically MobileCityOnline or BlueHarborOnline who sells on AMAZON. Yeah you may pay a little more than EBAY, but you get peace of mind. I got the Seidio 3500MAH Li-Ion Battery for BlackBerry Bold 9000 for $57 s&h (USPS) included in 2/3 days and am loving it.
    Last edited by mke67; 12-13-09 at 02:07 PM.
    12-13-09 02:01 PM
    Still wouldn't trust ebay for batteries.
    Yeah. I bought one to try it out and see, the charge definitely doesn't hold as good as the OEM ones. I charge it and it never goes past the 85% mark.....just got rid of it.
    12-13-09 05:57 PM
    I recently purchased a screen protector and a battery from Seidio. The screen protector was sent about 5 weeks ago and I never received it. The battery was sent to me and it took 4 weeks to arrive to me. Usually, in my experience of ordering from companies in the U.S, I usually receive them within 2 weeks.

I asked for a replacement to be sent to me for the $12.00(RIP-OFF) screen protectors to be sent to me. They where VERY hesitant to send me new ones even though the tracking information showed it had never arrived. After a couple of phones calls, and online chats and pushing them, they finally sent them out via FedEx Priority (due to inconvenience). A day later I find out they did not send it via Priority and they sent it via Regular which takes up to another week to arrive. Yet another mistake made on there part.

One of there reps told me as an inconvenience they would give me 20% of my next order which I said fine to, but wasn't completely satisfied because I think my inconvenience is worth more then 20% off a next order. At this point, I didn't even want to order another item from them. I asked them if they could maybe send me an item out of my choice as courtesy and they said it couldn't be done.

At this point, I decided, fine, I will just take this down as a note the next time I order from them.

About 2 and a half weeks later I decide I want to make an order for another item and use the 20% coupon they offer. They then began to tell me that they not offered me 20% off my next order (BS) and that there is nothing they can do. On top of this, two of there reps hung up on me on there online chat.

This is the last time I order from this company again and advise you to take this into consideration when ordering from them. They obviously don't know how to run a business and I don't think they will succeed much longer because there CS is crap.

I also noticed, that the description of there items on there website is false. They say there OEM battery is the exact size as the regular battery when it clearly is not and is a bit bulkier therefore pushing your battery cover up.

What do you think?
    Hello,

I want to clarify some stuff here for everyone. First of all, thank you for your comments and we are sorry about your inconvenience, but once the package leaves the warehouse, there is little, if any, that we could do to control the delivery process. We also want to state our policy on lost shipment:

Seidio Shipment Policy
    Shipping Problems

All packages are checked and weighed before shipment to insure products are included.

Please report any damaged packages or product to Seidio within 48 hours of package receipt. Please check your shipment carefully, as sometimes products may be hidden or concealed by packing materials.

Any shipments lost in transit are the responsibility of their respective carrier. To ensure against lost or stolen packages please choose a secure location where someone will be available to take delivery of your package. Claims for lost, stolen or damaged packages must be made within 48 hours of expected delivery date. Please allow 30 days for USPS packages before filing.

To file a claim, please fill out our Shipment Claim Form and fax it to (713) 361-1302. Seidio will do everything it can to help facilitate your claim, but the courier will make the final decision.

This gentleman's issue was handled by our Customer Service Manager, who allowed him to skip the process and also escalated the case so he could receive an expedited shipping method instead of the same shipping method that the customer originally chose.

The customer originally refused, and wanted an Innocell 2700mAh Extended Life Battery, retailed at $69.95, for USPS for losing his Ultimate Screen Guard. Customer Service met and decided that it could not be found. At when the customer accepted the upgraded shipping.

When it was shipped via FedEx International Economy (3-5 Days) instead of International Priority (1-2 Days), we apologized and noted that the package has already left our facility and could not retrieved and resend at the proper method. The Customer Service Manager noted on the gentleman's account that a future discount would be available for the customer, but no specific number was entered.

We strive to be the best in customer service and regret that the customer was dissatisfied. The Online Chat system was having issues and was unstable for parts of the day. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are happy with your products. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    12-15-09 09:14 PM
    Hello,

I want to clarify some stuff here for everyone. First of all, thank you for your comments and we are sorry about your inconvenience, but once the package leaves the warehouse, there is little, if any, that we could do to control the delivery process. We also want to state our policy on lost shipment:

Seidio Shipment Policy
    Shipping Problems

All packages are checked and weighed before shipment to insure products are included.

Please report any damaged packages or product to Seidio within 48 hours of package receipt. Please check your shipment carefully, as sometimes products may be hidden or concealed by packing materials.

Any shipments lost in transit are the responsibility of their respective carrier. To ensure against lost or stolen packages please choose a secure location where someone will be available to take delivery of your package. Claims for lost, stolen or damaged packages must be made within 48 hours of expected delivery date. Please allow 30 days for USPS packages before filing.

To file a claim, please fill out our Shipment Claim Form and fax it to (713) 361-1302. Seidio will do everything it can to help facilitate your claim, but the courier will make the final decision.

This gentleman's issue was handled by our Customer Service Manager, who allowed him to skip the process and also escalated the case so he could receive an expedited shipping method instead of the same shipping method that the customer originally chose.

The customer originally refused, and wanted an Innocell 2700mAh Extended Life Battery, retailed at $69.95, for USPS for losing his Ultimate Screen Guard. Customer Service met and decided that it could not be found. At when the customer accepted the upgraded shipping.

When it was shipped via FedEx International Economy (3-5 Days) instead of International Priority (1-2 Days), we apologized and noted that the package has already left our facility and could not retrieved and resend at the proper method. The Customer Service Manager noted on the gentleman's account that a future discount would be available for the customer, but no specific number was entered.

We strive to be the best in customer service and regret that the customer was dissatisfied. The Online Chat system was having issues and was unstable for parts of the day. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and hope that you are happy with your products. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.
    Unstable? More like they hung up on me twice. Also, I was offered 20% off my item, then was told they couldn't apply because they said they had never offered it. After calling back twice they said they did see that they offered it and finally applied it. Second of all, you said you would upgrade my shipping, which in the end you did not and chose the wrong shipping method. I said I wanted that extended battery, but if you have any other offers, I would consider them.

I have seen many issues in the past with Seidio making up stories. First you said to another customers on these forums that there inquiry was in your "junk" folder.. Do you actually think people believe that excuse? It's time to take action and do something to improve.

Also worth noting, I placed an order on Friday, and decided to cancel it. I got an email back saying it was shipped. Then I called the manager and he said it wasn't shipped and canceled the order for me.

Sounds like you are trying to cheat your customers into thinking items are shipped when they truly are not just to save an order from being cancelled.

Lastly, I know for a fact that it wasn't just a server issue on your end for the online chats. I went into the system you use to monitor the chats, and see that the operator on both times left the conversation. I am not the only person who has experienced this issue.

You didn't even bother trying to contact be back and say: "Listen, I can't offer you that battery, but if you would like so and so, it would be no problem.

I have ordered countless items from different retailers, and never had these kinds of issues. It is not right, and I am still not satisfied that nothing has been done to make me happy in this situation. I am a big customer and just canceled an item of two items worth 80$+ because I felt like I wasn't dealt with correctly.

Also, something to note, after receiving the screen protectors that took 5 weeks to arrive in this whole process, I noticed that there was a huge rainbow effect on them that you see on cheap $2.00 eBay protectors. I didn't even bother to contact you guys about this because at this point it's not worth my time.

It's quite obvious that you judge inconvenience based on the amount a customer orders, and not truly on what they had to go through.

At this point, sorry doesn't do justice. Saying sorry to someone doesn't just automatically make the situation right. I think and I am sure other's think that I deserve some sort of compensation.
    Last edited by BlackberryB; 12-15-09 at 10:05 PM.
    12-15-09 09:42 PM
    ^^Seidio hears this, just as they heard from me and countless others. I was given 20% off as compensation, (Could have been 15% but I don't remember at this moment) and shortly afterward a 20% discount was offered to ALL CRACKBERRY MEMBERS. Ha ha! It almost seemed as if it was done just to spite me. I asked if they could do better for me since this was the same as everyone else was getting, as they don't stack discounts, but you know what the answer was. I had a good laugh.

They definitely don't care what a customer goes through, but more about saving face online. Keep making noise, they "might" help you out. They helped me with a 20% discount. Ha ha!
    12-15-09 11:58 PM
    ^^Seidio hears this, just as they heard from me and countless others. I was given 20% off as compensation, (Could have been 15% but I don't remember at this moment) and shortly afterward a 20% discount was offered to ALL CRACKBERRY MEMBERS. Ha ha! It almost seemed as if it was done just to spite me. I asked if they could do better for me since this was the same as everyone else was getting, as they don't stack discounts, but you know what the answer was. I had a good laugh.

They definitely don't care what a customer goes through, but more about saving face online. Keep making noise, they "might" help you out. They helped me with a 20% discount. Ha ha!
    Exactly my thoughts. I will continue to do this until I feel that they do something to fix this situation.
    12-16-09 07:11 AM
    I sent yet another email to Seidio and they have not replied. I also just proved everything they said wrong in the post above. I bet you they won't even be decent enough to respond to what I had to say.
    12-16-09 05:52 PM
    They still didn't even bother responding to what I had to say. This is getting to be really sad.
    12-18-09 02:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD