Updated Read Below

Don't Buy The Otterbox for the Storm !!
    I took the sreen protector off. It fits very well in the case and looks good but in landscape mode all the buttons on the bottom row do not respond to touch. It is not that they are hard to press they just don't hghlight. From email screen reply, forward, delete and the scroll buttons don't work at all. And when the key board is up the shift, symbol and space key stop working. Again this in not that you have to hit it at some weird angle they just don't work. I have even tried using different fingers same results. Don't buy this it is seriousy flawed. I reboxing and sending it back. I'm highly disapointed.

Update!!
    Otterbox is working on a Fix/ Update for those experiencing typing issues. Customer Service for otterbox has been great!
    At this point I would suggest buying it if you really want it and see how it is for you if you have issues give them a call. They will work with you and get you the new design. They have done great job dealing with this issue, as far as I'm concerned they have earned themselves a lifetime customer!
    Last edited by bman99; 02-03-09 at 06:27 PM.
    02-03-09 11:07 AM
    and its just **** ugly LOL sorry i had to, naked or I.S. for me!
    02-03-09 11:35 AM
    and its just **** ugly LOL sorry i had to, naked or I.S. for me!
    /agreed.......
    02-03-09 11:58 AM
    Another Opinion
    02-03-09 12:01 PM
    Thanks for this info, Bump for others to see.
    02-03-09 12:02 PM
    I have the clear plastic case frm VZW it works just fine. I have Ghost Armor on the top plastic part of my phone. The case is easy to remove; the only minor drawback is that it makes it a bit awkward to press the send and the end key. U just have to readjust ever so slightly
    02-03-09 01:00 PM
    I have the clear plastic case frm VZW it works just fine. I have Ghost Armor on the top plastic part of my phone. The case is easy to remove; the only minor drawback is that it makes it a bit awkward to press the send and the end key. U just have to readjust ever so slightly
    Yeah, but...

This thread is about the Otterbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 01:59 PM
    As Will said, the Otterbox is @#$% ugly. There are other, more attractive ways to protect your Storm that don't make it difficult to use. I just don't understand how or why people like Otterbox. Hahaha.
    02-03-09 02:04 PM
    This is a real bummer.
    02-03-09 02:43 PM
    Firefighters. Construction workers. Anyone who is exceptionally hard on their mobile devices. The OB is all about protection. I tried Seido - their case pop off way too easy - storm slipped off desk onto carpet- 2.5 foot fall onto carpet and it pops off. What do you think would happen if it slipped from your hand 5-6 feet up onto concrete? You are paying $50 for a replacement, if you have insurance.

IS will keep it from being scratched if coins or sand rub against it. Dropping an IS protected Storm on concrete would be a BAD idea.

If you are gentle on your devices, than you don't need OB.
    02-03-09 02:48 PM
    Firefighters. Construction workers. Anyone who is exceptionally hard on their mobile devices.

If you are gentle on your devices, than you don't need OB.
    Good point.

It's still @#$% ugly, but I can see where it would come in handy (I have at least two firefighters in my extended family, actually- should have thought of that sooner).

Personally though, I think if you're NOT exceptionally rough on your mobile device, you REALLY don't need OB... it's overkill. Even a total clutz can get great protection with IS + a sturdy holster/case- just don't drop it in the swimming pool.
    02-03-09 02:52 PM
    Otterbox for the Storm is too big for me :lol although it might be a good case
    02-03-09 02:55 PM
    Other than the comments about the aesthetics of the Otterbox, which are irrelevant, the thing just DOESN'T WORK.

Mine is going back as soon as I get an RMA.
    02-03-09 03:00 PM
    I've had mine now for two days and no problems. But I'm not a speed users either. So it just may work for me.
    02-03-09 03:04 PM
    I have been using the innocase II for 4 or 5 days and just got the otterbox. As already mentioned, the otterbox is huge. It is way too big to go in my pocket. Although looking at the two cases side by side the size difference doesn't seem drastic, that little extra size on the otterbox makes a huge difference in my opinion.

Obviously if you want a case for full protection the otterbox is it. It feels extremely solid and I really think this thing could withstand being dropped on a fairly regular basis. However, like others I did have the same trouble hitting the spacebar and some other keys on the bottom of the screen, and it was pretty annoying. The screen looks great through the clear protection, although it does catch a lot of glare. Overall its just too big for my liking.

I will be keeping my innocase II, and sending the otterbox back.
    02-03-09 03:06 PM
    While watching that video, he mentioned it was easy to remove for battery pulls and then he took a minute or more to get the rubber outer cover on...... Soft Reset would be necessary with that cover IMO.
    02-03-09 03:28 PM
    Don't Buy The Otterbox for the Storm !!
    I took the sreen protector off. It fits very well in the case and looks good but in landscape mode all the buttons on the bottom row do not respond to touch. It is not that they are hard to press they just don't hghlight. From email screen reply, forward, delete and the scroll buttons don't work at all. And when the key board is up the shift, symbol and space key stop working. Again this in not that you have to hit it at some weird angle they just don't work. I have even tried using different fingers same results. Don't buy this it is seriousy flawed. I reboxing and sending it back. I'm highly disapointed.
    Not only that but you also can't use the "close". Like when you click the BB button and try to highlight "close". I have faith that Otterbox will make good. Using it now BTW.

Edit : All the functions in the email screen work fine for me.

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 02-03-09 at 03:52 PM.
    02-03-09 03:36 PM
    I love the case, and all my other Otterbox cases. It works fine for me and my Storm. I don't have any issues highlighting any option, even the close option in Facebook works on mine, and it was hard to hit without the case.
    02-03-09 03:57 PM
    deepsky94,

Could/would you post a short video showing this? I think it would help me and others who about to return them.

thanks,
    James
    02-03-09 04:00 PM
    I love the case, and all my other Otterbox cases. It works fine for me and my Storm. I don't have any issues highlighting any option, even the close option in Facebook works on mine, and it was hard to hit without the case.

And are you working in landscape? thx!
    02-03-09 04:03 PM
    And are you working in landscape? thx!
    I just found a work around for the close function in landscape mode. Orient your Storm so the send/end are on the left side and the close function works fine.

Normally I like to keep the send/end on the right side so it'll take me a little time to adjust.

02-03-09 04:44 PM
    Here's a vid of using it in both landscape and portrait.

02-03-09 04:56 PM
    its way too big and bulky to be practical..or usable, i cant imagine holding that thing in landscape and trying to type on it

i have the silicon black case from VZW, the one with the strange floral-ish design on the back. coupled with a screen protector or IS it is perfect, its also really easy to slip on and off for when I want to take my phone around without it or for battery pulls. highly recommended, only thing is, the black coloring on the corners of the case wipes off after a month of heavy use...no biggie it looks kinda nice
    02-03-09 05:03 PM
    Update!!

Otterbox is working on a Fix/ Update for those experiencing typing issues. Customer Service for otterbox has been great!
    At this point I would suggest buying it if you really want it and see how it is for you if you have issues give them a call. They will work with you and get you the new design. They have done great job dealing with this issue, as far as I'm concerned they have earned themselves a lifetime customer!
    02-03-09 06:29 PM
    got my OB 2 days ago. it rules. I think it looks fine but then again I am not one of those weak minded idiots that is concerned about how my phone looks to others. My storm is now indestructible.
    02-03-09 10:07 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD