Sorry to ask yet another major noob question here but it's something that's been bugging me for a few days now. The first thing I did after I got my Tour (well after naming it and telling it how much I love it), was buy a clear plastic case until Seido's 360 case for the Tour came out. It works relatively fine but it's not good enough to slip into my pocket as I walk around. For fear of breaking the screen I put it in the leather holder that came with the Tour. My question is, even with keyboard lock on, is the Tour's battery being drained by pushing up against the leather holster? I've tried to look at it carefully but there isn't a clear view of the screen when it's in the holster. I ask because its kind of a snug fit and whenever I pull the Tour out, the screen is already on but I don't know if that's because of me just pulling it out and it rubbing against the the holster. I just want to know if anyone has the same concern/problem and what they've done about it. If there is a better solution to my stupidity please let me know. I'm a newbie to the greatness that is Blackberry so its definitely possible I overlooked something obvious. Thanks in advance for any help.
    08-04-09 10:20 PM
    if that case doesnt have a magnet in it then your screen might be going on and off causing your battery to drain...you should be able to know if there is a magnet in the case though, I mean once you put the phone into it the phone should go off right away.

test it out in a dark room, see if the lights go out when you put the phone into the case, if not the case doesnt have a magnet
    08-04-09 10:23 PM
    if that case doesnt have a magnet in it then your screen might be going on and off causing your battery to drain...you should be able to know if there is a magnet in the case though, I mean once you put the phone into it the phone should go off right away.

test it out in a dark room, see if the lights go out when you put the phone into the case, if not the case doesnt have a magnet
    The leather holder uses a magnet. I tried it in the dark, but that's the problem. Once it's in the case I can't see if light is emitting from it because of the plastic screen protector (not that plastic protector I use for the Blackberry itself, but the little plastic cover just for the screen). It's hard to see from that angle. Thank you for the suggestion though.
    08-04-09 10:27 PM
    just to be safe i would hit the mute button before sliding the phone into the case with magnet.
    08-04-09 10:51 PM
    Are you asking if your device is going into sleep mode because you have a case inside a case?

The case that came with your Tour has a magnet in it, and by NO stretch of the imagination does it damage or drain your battery. However, if the Seidio case is preventing it from sleeping inside the holster and it is staying on, it would obviously drain the battery.
    08-04-09 10:54 PM
    Are you asking if your device is going into sleep mode because you have a case inside a case?

The case that came with your Tour has a magnet in it, and by NO stretch of the imagination does it damage or drain your battery. However, if the Seidio case is preventing it from sleeping inside the holster and it is staying on, it would obviously drain the battery.
    I'm asking if the keypad is touching against the holster and therefore draining the battery. And seriously I had no idea the battery gets drained in the holster because of the magnet. If this is true why do they include one with a magnet? Is there a specific case anyone who reads this post uses that leaves enough room for a case to be on the tour and in the holster at the same time without it being too snug (and does not have a magnet it?) Sorry for all the questions and confusion.
    08-04-09 11:07 PM
    Try using only one case,and there are settings for "In"holster and "out"of holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 11:13 PM
    The magnet does not drain the battery.

And if the case is pushing against the keypad and activating the screen then yes, it will drain your battery faster
    08-04-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD