Hello, everyone. Yes, my Cellet leather case has already grown old!! Does anyone know if any company makes a hard case that allows you to clip your BB Curve into the holster facing outward? I really like that feature with my leather case, but I don't like how the plastic screen cover keeps sticking to the face of my BB. I would like to be able to use the BB while it is still in the holster. Thanks, in advance, to all that reply!!
    09-03-08 04:17 PM
    I know seidio has a combo skin and holster for bb, I am not 100% sure if it will allow the bb to face outward.
    09-03-08 04:20 PM
    Use a bluetooth headset.
    09-03-08 04:29 PM
    I had something like your problem of plastic sticking to the screen of a phone -- and after a while, I couldn't even see through the plastic. I ended up removing the plastic where it was covering the screen. Could be a short term solution for you while you look for the right case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 04:30 PM
    Yes the seidio will work face in or out. Buy the rubberized hard one with the holster. Wirks great for me and it has a sleeper magnet.

09-03-08 04:36 PM
    I had something like your problem of plastic sticking to the screen of a phone -- and after a while, I couldn't even see through the plastic. I ended up removing the plastic where it was covering the screen. Could be a short term solution for you while you look for the right case.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have thought about that, but I think if I did it would lose the support on the "sides" of the case. I think the plastic cover helps hold the case together, as it is threaded to the sides of the case. Boy, I am temped though!!

I understand most companies wanting to face the BB inward(screen facing in) to protect the face. I figure I would just apply a screen protector and have the convenience of not having to take it out of the holster to take calls or do e-mail/text. Does anyone know if any company makes a case/holster combo that allows you to face the BB outward? Thanks.
    09-03-08 04:37 PM
    I am soooooooo resisting the urge .......

Edit: Just remembered the Speck Case does not fit the 8330 quite right.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-03-08 at 04:46 PM.
    09-03-08 04:44 PM
    Yes the seidio will work face in or out. Buy the rubberized hard one with the holster. Wirks great for me and it has a sleeper magnet.

Cool, I did not know that. All the pictures I have seen always show it facing inward with that Seidio combo. Just to clarify,

1) The Seidio Rubberized combo will clip/fasten inward or outward?

2) Will the sleeper magnet put it to sleep in the "outward" facing position?

That would kind of defeat the propose I'm trying to achieve. Thank you again!!
    09-03-08 04:44 PM
    Cool, I did not know that. All the pictures I have seen always show it facing inward with that Seidio combo. Just to clarify,

1) The Seidio Rubberized combo will clip/fasten inward or outward?

2) Will the sleeper magnet put it to sleep in the "outward" facing position?

That would kind of defeat the propose I'm trying to achieve. Thank you again!!
    1) Mine does - however - there's a small rubber strip on the hinge that appears to be removable - the hinged latch would fit better if it were removed I think. My Sedio holster for my Pearl had that strip removed when I received it.

2) Yes the magnet still puts my Curve to sleep in the outward position. Perhaps you can pull up the felt and remove the magnet that way? (sorry but I'm not pulling up mine to see if that's possible)
    Last edited by Oj467; 09-03-08 at 05:35 PM.
    09-03-08 05:32 PM
    1) Mine does - however - there's a small rubber strip on the hinge that appears to be removable - the hinged latch would fit better if it were removed I think. My Sedio holster for my Pearl had that strip removed when I received it.

2) Yes the magnet still puts my Curve to sleep in the outward position. Perhaps you can pull up the felt and remove the magnet that way? (sorry but I'm not pulling up mine)
    Thanks for your response.

1) Would you say that the fit outward is just as "secure" as inward facing?

Thank you.
    09-03-08 05:41 PM
    Thanks for your response.

1) Would you say that the fit outward is just as "secure" as inward facing?

Thank you.
    Yes - on 2 conditions.

1 - if you leave that little rubber piece intact - you need to physically push the hinge down to get it to fit like when it's inward facing.

2 - you remove that small rubber flap piece (like how the Pearl holster comes) and I'd imagine the hinge will shut fine without any extra work on your part.
    09-03-08 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD