View Poll Results: Do you like to use cases/skins for your Storm?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I always use cases. I like my phone to look pristine, I think I have OCD.

40 70.18%
  • No, I prefer to admire the phone in its original form. C'mon what's a couple of minor scratches.

9 15.79%
  • I just use the basic RIM holdster that comes boxed, that's good enough protection for me.

6 10.53%
  • It doesn't matter to me, as I keep sending it back for a replacement. I'm on my seventh Storm2.

2 3.51%
    I'm sure I read something similar about this before but couldnt find the thread, so apologies if this is a reapeat.

I like to have my phones naked. That means no visible shield or hard case other than say a thin transparent silicone skin now and again to prevent major scratches to the back cover and sides.

I just think all these cases ruin the aesthetics of the phone, often making them look more big and bulky. I've had my phone since launch and its still in pretty much great condition, minus a couple minior marks near the ear speaker. The glass screen of the storm2 appears to be quite tough and scratch resistent and thats all that matters to me really. But don't get me wrong, I do not bash my phones about.

By the time my upgrade rolls around again, I would have enjoyed the phone in its full glory, ready to welcome my next new shiney handset.

I guess the only real advantage to keeping a phone in pristine condition is that if you sell on, you can charge higher...some people like myself don't really bother going through with all that, and would probably just pass it down to a relative or something...

Whats your thoughts?
    03-25-10 06:10 AM
    I just prefer things to look pretty all the time. My Storm is company issued and I work in some harsh enviroments so I use the Otterbox. The iPhone is naked, but rarely comes out in the day time so no need for one.
    03-25-10 06:33 AM
    doubt anyone LIKES to use a skin or case.... the storm2 is a pretty good looking device as it is.... problem is, one fall and that goes out the window
    03-25-10 06:34 AM
    I use the Zagg Full Body Invisible Shield on my Storm 2 and love it, no bulk yet scratchproof all the way round and if I know I'm gonna need extra protection beyond that I have the Otterbox Defender which fits on over the invisible shield.
    03-25-10 07:05 AM
    The poll answers are kinda biased to your viewpoint to make it look good for your decision and not really balanced which happens with OP's so my $0.02 is that it depends on your environment really if you case/skin it really or can get away with "naked". For me, I need my phone a little rugged being that I'm military and can't help that sometimes it gets a little rough and so to protect my investment I case my phone (just went otterbox defender yesterday after my Bodyglove case I had failed). Like another guy said with these storms, one bad accidental fall and you are out a phone....I can't have that.
    03-25-10 07:20 AM
    The poll answers are kinda biased to your viewpoint to make it look good for your decision and not really balanced which happens with OP's....
    Like really? tbh I was just having a bit of fun with it...no intention to offend anyone.

I thought the options given were pretty intent..no?

Fair enough, I take your point that you need to use a case for work/environment reasons...
    03-25-10 08:16 AM
    Like really? tbh I was just having a bit of fun with it...no intention to offend anyone.

I thought the options given were pretty intent..no?

Fair enough, I take your point that you need to use a case for work/environment reasons...
    No harm no foul there, just hard to tell conotation or jest with just text ya know. The curse of online is its hard to read someones tone or body language to tell that they are expressing different things. I still voted but was like huh? with the answers at first. No biggy.
    03-25-10 08:27 AM
    I'm happy with my epik case. Tight fitting and very slim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 08:34 AM
    I have an Incipio Feather Light that I never use. I have a skin on the screen, top and bottom black pieces, and on the battery door. I like it like that.
    03-25-10 09:13 AM
    I hated using a case until my first big drop. I was lucky enough to get a refurb because of screen issues, and now I almost always keep my 9550 wrapped tight. I'm still not a fan of cases, but now I feel a need to cover the phone except for moments where it should be shown off.

Other users have their otterbox obsession, but its not the same experience tapping away when there's a thick rubber mound swallowing your phone. The storm is beautiful... This blackberry needs it's time to shine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 09:40 AM
    I use a casemate barely there, with phantom skins on the top and bottom part, with a casemate screen protector since I ruined my Phantom skinz screem protector portion when transferring pieces to my new refurbed unit. This set up is super thin, and will fully protect if I drop.
    03-25-10 09:45 AM
    I use the BB Black Skin on mine, but it gathers dust & lint, and it is difficult to "slide" into my shirt pocket at times. I was thinking of a hard case, but there are so many of them! I like the Otter Commuter, but have read too many stories about it affecting the SurePress screen (I would not use the screen guard). Could someone please tell me the difference/preference of the following cases that seem so similar?
    1) Case-Mate Barely There
    2) Incipio Ultra Light Feather Case
    3) Seidio Innocase II
    They range from $18-$30 at CrackBerry Store...price is not important. I am concerned about looks, durability, and if any work on the cradle for charging. THANKS!
    03-25-10 11:04 AM
    I just use the barley there case. I used to use the OEM silicone case that Verizon has but it added too much bulk in my hand and would become a pain the the b-u-tt to pull out of my pocket. The Barely There case is very easy in hand and comes in and out of the pocket easily.

I am one of those people who when i take my case off at the end of the day or when i sell the phone later i like to look at it and say "Damn, this thing is in MINT condition"

but that's just me
    03-25-10 12:09 PM
    I have bought several cases but don't currently use any of them as I carry my phone in my pocket 99% of the time and it just makes it more of a chore to get in and out.

Mine is scratched, but that's why I carry insurance
    03-25-10 12:24 PM
    I use a skin (BB OEM, I think) that I bought from the Crackberry store.

Good Luck
    03-25-10 01:24 PM
    I like to use cases, not just for the protection but also for the visual customization. Like having my phone look different than other peoples. I do tend to spend to much money on cases because i will buy a case that i like while still having a perfectly fine case already on it. I am currently using the Case-Mate Hybrid Silicone/Rubberized plastic tough case in light blue and grey, and i have an invisiashield on the screen of my Storm 2.
    03-25-10 02:03 PM
    I have a Seidio holster and I love using the OEM charging pod, and they don't work well with cases. For that reason, my phone is in the buff.
    03-25-10 02:49 PM
    A Smoke Black Epik case adds very little bulk and really does not alter the look of the phone. I love my Epik case.
    03-25-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD