View Poll Results: How often do you change your theme and/or wallpaper?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • I change it as often as I change my underwear

15 28.85%
  • I switch between a few that I love to "mix it up"

25 48.08%
  • Change it? Why would I want to do such a thing?!

12 23.08%
    I've noticed a lot of people change their themes and wallpapers all the time, in constant rotation. They love to change up the looks of their BBs. I'm an old sentimental fuddy-duddy by comparison. Once I find a theme and/or wallpaper that I love and works for me, I can't bring myself to change it, or when I do, I flip back to my old standard in no time because I miss it.

I wanted to know if I'm a minority out there.

So, do you change your BB's appearance with the dawn of each new day? Do you have a few that you like to rotate, but generally stick with? Or do you have one that you have bonded with and will have to be pried from your cold, dead hands?
    02-02-09 05:08 PM
    I keep constant on the Verizon theme. But severe and tremortality make it insanely hard to keep the same wallpaper. I change it rather frequently now!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:13 PM
    I usually just switch back and forth between like the 10 preloaded images that come on the phone... mostly because I'm just too lazy to do anything else. LOL And I always keep it on "Today."

Right now I have the frog on there. It is really irritating me though, so I'll probably just go back to one of the generic blackberry logo backgrounds.
    02-02-09 05:14 PM
    If you have a Storm, use the WallpaperShuffle application. It shuffles through your pictures!
    02-02-09 05:14 PM
    I change both constantly. I guess I'm fickle, but I always want something new.
    02-02-09 05:22 PM
    I usually take pictures on my camera and put those on my phone. The more I take pictures, the more I change my background!

02-02-09 05:42 PM
    I'm not into themes at all. I stick with the OEM "Precision Silver" theme on my Bold. I can't stand trying to adapt to a new theme. And I keep my wallpaper plain black all the time because I just really like to be able to notice my notifications right away.
    02-02-09 05:46 PM
    I have found that the T-Mobile Zen theme/wallpaper is my favorite from anything else I've tried. I have been using this one for the last seven months

02-03-09 11:19 AM
    Poe, I use to feel the same way but once I changed I was hooked.

So to answer the question, I change both frequently. - now as often as some though.

02-03-09 11:23 AM
    I change mine at least once a week. I get bored easy and like to look at something new. Now, if only I could change phones that often!! lol.
    02-03-09 11:27 AM
    I have one 3rd party theme - Leopard Blank. It has no icons on the
    homescreen. I change my wallpaper quite often and a blank theme
    is perfect as the wallpaper is not mucked up by icons.

So my answer is Theme - Never. Wallpaper - Like you would not beleive.
    02-03-09 11:34 AM
    I constantly change mine-its one of the things I love best about my curve

02-03-09 11:41 AM
    I leave my theme on a Zen. It displays the things I use most (messages, calendar, calls, AccuWeather push) but I change my wallpaper a lot. It's usually either something abstract or Elisha Cuthbert, haha!

02-03-09 12:16 PM
    I tend to stick with the same combinations- Z-Man Bold themes for my 8100 and 8800 when I had them and now an 8900 Replica theme for my Curve that I don't see replacing anytime soon.

02-03-09 02:01 PM
    **** I have so many good ones that I used to change it like 15x a day, no lie. It was a battery draining bad habit. Now I just change maybe once every 3 days on average.
    02-03-09 02:24 PM
    I actually just changed my theme to T-Mobiles theme. It stayed on the BB Dimension for the first 2 years of me having it and then I got a really nice Bamboo wallpaper from Navarious(user on here, I think I spelled it right) wante to be able to see it unobstructed, so the T-Mobiles theme was perfect. I don't change themes too often but Wallpapers are usually whatever I'm feeling at the moment.
    02-03-09 02:58 PM
    I have 3 themes I like. 2 are blanks and one is a clean looking bottom dock so I will rotate through them. As for wallpapers I change them all the time.
    02-03-09 03:02 PM
    I never waver from the zen theme, but thanks to all the great wallpapers on CB I change them quite often!
    02-03-09 03:08 PM
    I always like to find better themes to keep my device working the best for me. I got a great Today theme for my Bold in the 9000 forum. It was free and just what I wanted on my phone. If you like a Today theme and have a Bold you do not have a default option so you have to find one someone has created.
    02-03-09 03:26 PM
    I wish I could change Themes! Ah to dream.
    02-03-09 03:40 PM
    I find myself changing the theme about once a week and the wallpaper about every 2 days.

And I'm always searching for the latest and greatest.

02-03-09 03:41 PM
    I have a blank theme that only shows the Date and the Signal Strength. I love the fact that my picture is free from the noise of messy icons. I do change my background about once every week, but if I get stuck on one particular picture, it could be on there for a few weeks (my current dilemma).
    02-03-09 04:35 PM
    I change mine up every day-depending on my mood. Pink if I'm super sassy (or at least am trying to be that way). Orange if I'm feeling a little "sunny". Red if I'm angry. Black if I'm sad. You get the idea....Kind of like a mood ring!
    02-04-09 04:55 AM
    I haven't changed the theme yet - still using the "stock" theme. Works for me.

But, so far, I have been changing the wallpaper with the seasons/time of year. For Xmas, for example, I had a holiday theme (red with Christmas tree). After Xmas I switched to "winter frost" wallpaper. Still have "winter frost" on now. Probably stick with that until Spring (or I get in a springy mood).

I also tend to gravitate towards wallpapers that have a more "monochrome" or solid color theme (e.g., 90% red or blue) - because it makes it easier to see the icons.
    02-04-09 05:57 AM
    Some 4 months ago I found this killer theme; http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/sie...x-4-2-a-86993/ Ever since I found it, I have yet to find anything that even comes close to it. So I've stuck with it, only changing the wallpaper every once in a while.

02-04-09 06:39 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD