Know I don't want a case. And really the only thing I worry about is me dropping the phone.

Not so sure a skin is truly helpful in the event of a fall.

Anyone have some stories or ideas to share on how helpful a skin is to prevent damage?
    10-28-10 09:22 PM
    That's all I use are skins because most of the time I run mine naked, but when going out for some drinks, or biking, I put the skin on to keep it safe. It's had many falls and no scratches or bangs yet.
    10-28-10 09:35 PM
    My old Curve and my daughter's wore silicone skins from the time they were almost new, and both remained in really good condition throughout there useful span. Mine fell on concrete a couple of dozen times, and never rebooted with the skin on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 10:38 PM
    Yes, a silicone skin definitely helps. My blackberry seems to be attracted to tile floors and concrete (i've dropped it numerous times) and thanks to my skin, it has no scratches or dings.
    10-30-10 11:53 PM
    I had the thick silicone skin on mine and dropped it more times than I like to admit. Never got a scratch on it. Recently I got a leather belt pouch so I don't sit on it in my pocket at work and dropped it on concrete now has mark from fall guess I shoulda kept silicone skin on.

10-31-10 04:16 PM
    I have a really nice skin from Epik, that matches the purple 8530 exactly. I dropped it out walking today on concrete, and it flipped over a few times. I freaked out til I picked it up, nothing on it! LOL I like skins better than bulky cases, they just fit in hand better I think. It saved my phone today! LOL
    10-31-10 08:24 PM
    I have the Otterbox Commuter case for mine--a red one...it does not make my BB clunky at all, in fact I like it better with the case on.

Great protection and I love the way it looks!

~
    11-01-10 09:56 AM
    I, too, have an OtterBox Commuter (blue) it does not add much bulk or make typing difficult (UNLIKE most that impede on the first/bottom/last row of keys)

11-01-10 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD