I have 2 Otterbox products. One for my Pearl, and one for my Curve. The cases in general are great products, but I am very picky, especially when it comes to paying $50 for a case.

Anyway, with my Pearl case, the magnet wasn't working and the rubber kept popping off from the sides. They sent me a new holster which fixed the magnet problem, but the new rubber kept popping loose from the plastic. I called again, and the response was not what I was looking for. He told me that there was no more that could be done, so I just live with that.

On my Curve, the light and the speaker holes don't line up. They are only about 2/3 visible on each one. I guess the case is made for all the 83xx phones, and it is not taylored to the 8330. I called, and they said it was a defect in the case, and sent me a new one (which was exactly the same). So, being picky, I asked to return the 2 cases and get a refund. Well, they wouldn't refund the shipping and I had to pay shipping back, so I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just sell them both privately and go with another company, which is a bummer, because there is no other company with keyboard protection. I guess I am hoping that Otterbox will read this and make a case specifically for the 8330 and not one that "will fit" an 8330.
    07-31-08 05:21 PM
    hoping that Otterbox will read this and make a case specifically for the 8330 and not one that "will fit" an 8330.
    Good luck with that.
    07-31-08 05:25 PM
    My rubber cover has come loose all over as well as another person I met. 8330 Curve. I'm dissapointed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 06:29 AM
    Have you tried Seidio rubberized case. Although it doesn't protect the keyboard, I have to say this is a great product. Everything from the rubber grip to the amount of protection it provides is top notch. And it's only 30 bucks. You can even find the rubber case plus the holster at Amazon for 50!

08-31-08 06:43 AM
    Wow is have 4 of their cases for different devices and I'm pleased with all of them. I hope you can have your issue resolved.

08-31-08 06:53 AM
    I saw someone the other day with a otterbox on their 88xx series Blackberry. I have to say it looked sharp. But, when I thought about what otterbox "says" they do, I can't help but wonder. Does the hole in the keyboard protector for the track ball really make the otterbox water resistant. I have heard so much about otterbox being able to fall in water and the phone will not be affected. What is the truth in that?

msblueline
    08-31-08 07:12 AM
    The Otterbox website that their cases do not provide any water protection to the devices. At all.

I am also now a little creeped out by reading these posts, I just plunked down the $50 to buy one for my 8830.

I also bought the Seidio clear crystal case and belt holster, but wanted to try the Otterbox to protect the screen and keyboard.

Just have to see which works better.

-Kyle
    08-31-08 07:47 AM
    I love my otterbox cases and it all comes down to a mater of perfrence really. I work the shipping industry around aircraft containers and needed a case the could with a 6k pound A container running into my side by accident. So far my case and holster have held up very well. I didn't ever put the clear rubber membrane on because I didn't like the feel of it and didn't think it would really do that much for me anyways since I always keep the phone holstered. I love my otter box and would highly recommend them to other people.

08-31-08 08:15 AM
    You folks are paying too much for your Otterbox. I just picked mine up on Amazon for $29.47 shipped. It arrived in 3 days and fits great; I'm really happy with it. Also, I have the 8330. I do wish that the skin wrapped around the box more tightly though.
    08-31-08 08:36 AM
    I've had mixed results with both product quality and customer service.

I had an Otterbox case for my Pearl (for two weeks before I exchanged it for a Curve) and the only problem I had was that the opening in the hard plastic that exposes the keyboard stopped at the edge of the keys, making it difficult to press the keys around the perimeter of the keyboard.

I ordered one for the Curve, and the only problem I have with that one (currently) is that the clear membrane makes pictures appear out of focus (this didn't happen on the Pearl). I contacted them by phone and got some guy who admitted he was new, and he suggested re-applying the membrane (which I had already done). That was the extent of his "help".

I then contacted them by email, asking for other recommendations (possibly a replacement membrane), and even suggested a redesign of the case, replacing the membrane in that area with a flap like the one that covers the USB port. Other than the automated acknowledgement of my inquiry, I haven't heard a thing from them.

On the other hand, my original Curve case arrived cracked - it was shipped by the reseller in a FedEx envelope. Otterbox replaced it with a new one without question - even without proof of purchase.
    08-31-08 09:33 AM
    Sorry to hear your having issues with your Otterboxes, I have two of them and both fit great, one on my husbands Pearl and one on my Curve....No issue with either one...We love our Otters!!!
    08-31-08 06:05 PM
    The otterbox is a great product but for the 8330 model they need to have a cutout hole for the camera lens.
    08-31-08 06:29 PM
    I have had the otter box for my 8330 for a few weeks now, so far so good. It seems to give me the protection that I need. It also fits really well. I do agree that the camera needs a removable plug or something to open up the lens.
    08-31-08 07:51 PM
    I hear you guys, I love this Otterbox, just a shame about these rubber skins stretching out. Chunj99 - I have the Sedio case you spoke of. It was my first case before I got the Otter. I wont go back to it because the first fall the phone took the case snapped apart like a cheap camera.
    08-31-08 08:21 PM
    I'm happy with my OtterBox case for the 8310. I broke the clip, and they quickly sent me a new one. The cases are a little bit spendy, but you can save some real money on ebay. Overall I'm pleased with mine.
    08-31-08 08:24 PM
    Also got mine from Amazon for under $30.00 and am very pleased with the way it fits my 8320.
    08-31-08 08:28 PM
    Hi all,

I don't know whether this post is relevant to here, since it is about samsung other than blackberry. But i love otter boxes since the first day i saw. It gives a sexy look to my phone.I just got mine yesterday morning from press digital. And fortunately none of the problems occurred for me. So here it is what i bought.

I don't know whether they have any otter box that suits your requirement for 8330.I remember they had otter boxes for lot of versions.But if you see there, you may find.who knows..!

Thanks,
    Shank
    09-21-08 06:15 AM
    Since this thread got ressurected here's an update. The Otterbox case for my 8330 is still loose as can be around the sides. I gave up and don't care. My phone looks like its wearing one of those mad bomber winter hats with ear flaps.

09-21-08 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD