Its a cradle for charging, when you turn on the clock (flip flop retro) you got a nice desk or bed clock)horizontally my english isn't good I know....sorry.
    11-16-08 02:02 AM
    now that the pic is updated i plan on ordering tomorrow...i cant imagine it being any cheaper elsewhere...esp VZW
    11-16-08 02:11 AM
    searching for storm vids I came across this:

not very interesting, but some might want to watch (no never shows the storm)
    11-16-08 02:35 AM
    No USB chords interesting but makes sense I guess. Why have all those chords when they do the same thing.
    11-16-08 02:42 AM
    My only concern is if BSE or IS and silcon skins will affect the phone sitting in the device properly.
    11-16-08 03:59 AM
    Well they updated the storms page on VZW website. And the pod is only a Desktop charging pod not a sync pod.

click on accessories:

Blackberry� Storm�
    11-16-08 04:23 AM
    Aything that reduces the use of the horrid little mico-USB connector is a good thing. Why RIM did not put two more gold connectors on the sides of the phone and make this a charge / sync cradle that does not use the USB connector I do not know. It would cost practically nothing and would virtually eliminate oroken USB connectors.

IMO this cradle should have been in the box with the phone.

I have an 8310 and I recently changed the phone. My pevious phone had a BSE on it and this definitely made fitting the phone to that charging cradle harder than with my current phone that does not have a BSE fitted. Obviously I cannot say for any other phone than the 8310 how it will fit with a BSE installed but you now know what I found on my phones.
    11-16-08 06:07 AM
    All I know is that the listing for this product on RIM's webpage says it can sync the phone. I don't think it necessarily comes with the USB cable, so that is the reason I believe that they are not calling it a sync pod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 08:19 AM
    Well they updated the storms page on VZW website. And the pod is only a Desktop charging pod not a sync pod.

click on accessories:

Blackberry� Storm�
    Doesn't mean it doesn't sync.
    11-16-08 09:41 AM
    I found another site:
    Blackberry Storm Accessories - OEM Charging Pod

This one 'says' it charges and syncs. BUT they charge more for shipping than the MSGdigital site.
    Last edited by Txdogs; 11-16-08 at 11:25 AM.
    11-16-08 11:17 AM
    Shame they couldn't include this. I remember purchasing PDA's back in the day that included docking cradles.
    11-16-08 11:29 AM
    Good Find zschiffman! MSRP is $49.99 which is probably what all the stores will be selling it for. I have seen lots of ads for the storm...looking forward to seeing it.
    11-16-08 11:29 AM
    Of course this thing syncs. It has the micro usb and on the pack instead of plugging in the charger you just plug in the USB cord and hook it up to your computer. There is no difference between the usb cord and the charging cord except one goes in the computer and one goes in the wall. And for people with laptops that move their computers around often... theres always bluetooth to sync!
    11-16-08 11:45 AM
    just ordered mine from them. economy ship was only 1.99 (2-5 days) so it was $23.94 total. not bad.

lets see if it ships tomorrow!
    11-16-08 04:01 PM
    missed this on my confirmation:

Estimated Shipping Date : Wednesday 11/19/2008
    Estimated arrival date : 11/21/2008 - 11/26/2008
    a little sad it wont ship till wed...but if you want a better chance of getting it friday, now is the time to order!
    11-16-08 04:03 PM
    Just updated our description. Thanks for all the comments. In short, you need a USB Cable to sync/charge or a Wall Charger to just charge.
    11-16-08 08:02 PM
    Just updated our description. Thanks for all the comments. In short, you need a USB Cable to sync/charge or a Wall Charger to just charge.
    Thanks for the heads up. Just placed my order.
    11-16-08 08:04 PM
    so what do i get for free for bringing you guys the publicity
    11-16-08 09:15 PM
    If you go to accessories on the VZW page for the Storm, it says the dock is included with purchase, which is sweet. I don't know if anyone else has said this yet, as I didn't check (rookie error, I know), but I thought I'd throw it out there!
    where do u see this?

it claims the CHARGER is included, not the cradle...therefore you put the charger into the cradle to make it work (its magic).
    11-16-08 10:10 PM
    VIP gets 25% off accessories. The cradle will retail for $29.99 so after VIP discount it's $22.50 + taxes.
    11-16-08 10:47 PM
    RIM has retail at 49.99
    11-16-08 11:15 PM
    vertical only...not sync dock...

I just got my Storm dock. the title on the top of the instructions says
    "Blackberry Sync Pod" and there is an illustration showing the dock connecting to a pc with a folder that has a camera and music coming out of it. There are also arrows going to and from the pc/dock.

If this was already posted my appologies.
    11-17-08 01:00 PM
    eddiechi posted this @ hofo, he got the dock from msg today

11-17-08 02:48 PM
    I'm not suprised that they don't ship to Canada not many places do. And if you think it's an insult to me that they said "**** to the NO! then it's not I'm not Canadian just living here. I'm American!! I am chill. you had no right to comment like that when there was NO picuture posted at that time. The polite response from you to me should have been "They updated the site, it's there" but no you had to get attitude for no reason.

Pardon me, I wasn't being a smartass. No one said "there's an updated page that shows the cradle." Chill the f*ck out.

BTW, I asked if they ship to Canada and they said "**** to the NO!"
    11-18-08 01:51 PM
    I'm not suprised that they don't ship to Canada not many places do. And if you think it's an insult to me that they said "**** to the NO! then it's not I'm not Canadian just living here. I'm American!! I am chill. you had no right to comment like that when there was NO picuture posted at that time. The polite response from you to me should have been "They updated the site, it's there" but no you had to get attitude for no reason.
    Wow relax, sarfraz. I don't think he was trying to be a smartass. I think he was actually asking whether or not you could see the picture and posted a screenshot to show you what the page looks like.

11-18-08 02:04 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD