I broke down and used BB File Scout...genius...I was just skurred to put random stuff on my phone but I got right in to those dang preinstalled pics and they're goneee!

yeah!!! BB file scout just deleted the **** out of the pics with no restrictions.. i also deleted the babylon ad file and the stupid sample song.. got about 25MB back.. this phone is so POORLY designed. I think i will also move other media files etc to the media card!
    04-23-09 08:10 PM
    How Do U Delete Tha Stock Wallpapers? Which Cod File Do I Take Out??
    04-23-09 08:46 PM
    How Do U Delete Tha Stock Wallpapers? Which Cod File Do I Take Out??
    Did you bother to even read the first post?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 11:08 PM

JUST REPOST IT AND STFU!! DONT FEEL LIKE SEARCHING 4 IT LOL
    04-24-09 05:46 PM
    i cant find what you guys are talking about.

i tried locating the file from my DM but when i get to Share d\LoaderFiles\Your OS\Java Folder, i am lost. Can you help me?
    04-24-09 06:39 PM
    there is no help, only confusion if the search function doesn't work for you.....
    04-25-09 09:29 AM
    You need to calm down, son...

04-26-09 10:18 AM
    can u use crack utility for this instead of DM
    04-27-09 02:08 AM
    i got file manager pro and was able to delete alot of junk off those files as well.......as for the music and some of the contact pics and stuff you can actually just go to media>explore>system>samples>contacts or music and delete the folder insrtead of going into the file and trying to delete the pics and songs separately tho it didnt give me any app memmory it was an eyesore to have it there and not using it anyone got any other tips that can help me?????
    04-30-09 03:28 PM

What did you expect from a person who has "Killafornia" as their location.

Look it up. It's been posted.
    04-30-09 03:36 PM
    This is really funny due to the extreme display of laziness (just click tiny blue button that says "<<first"). Enough time and effort was involved to type the above, so isn't there plenty to click? Heehee
    05-07-09 08:35 PM
    What did you expect from a person who has "Killafornia" as their location.
    ....but this was even funnier!
    05-07-09 08:36 PM
    Delete the file net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod form your Storm with javaloader.exe. The file is 5MB large. A good gain. Or the next time you update your OS via DM, just go into the java folder of the OS load and rename this cod file to .bak or delete it if you don't want it loaded.

Oh, almost forgot. The command for javaloader.exe is

javaloader -u erase -f net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod

otherwise go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\Your OS\Java Folder
    I was trying to do by this way but i get this error (error: invalid handle)
    05-11-09 05:09 PM
    I was trying to do by this way but i get this error (error: invalid handle)
    If you've never done this before, the easiest way to do it is http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sh...icidal-193905/.
    05-11-09 05:37 PM
    Will you get the memory gain if you just delete the wallpapers in 'sample pictures' or will they just come back again when connected to DM. Thx and sorry if this is not a clever question but I am frightened of the OS system and breaking my Storm.
    05-12-09 02:21 PM
    Will you get the memory gain if you just delete the wallpapers in 'sample pictures' or will they just come back again when connected to DM. Thx and sorry if this is not a clever question but I am frightened of the OS system and breaking my Storm.
    They will not come back. I have yet to find a way to brick a phone.
    05-12-09 02:55 PM
    They will not come back. I have yet to find a way to brick a phone.
    Thank you - will it gain me the extra 5mg if I simply delete them?
    My Storm seems to have a mind of it's own and I think if it decides it going to 'brick' it will so I'm trying to curb it's opportunities!
    05-12-09 04:14 PM
    Delete the file net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod form your Storm with javaloader.exe. The file is 5MB large. A good gain. Or the next time you update your OS via DM, just go into the java folder of the OS load and rename this cod file to .bak or delete it if you don't want it loaded.

Oh, almost forgot. The command for javaloader.exe is

javaloader -u erase -f net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod

otherwise go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\Your OS\Java Folder
    I did this on my PC. Now, how do I get it off the phone?
    05-12-09 05:07 PM
    Thank you - will it gain me the extra 5mg if I simply delete them?
    My Storm seems to have a mind of it's own and I think if it decides it going to 'brick' it will so I'm trying to curb it's opportunities!
    It will gain 5MB and you won't brick the phone.

I did this on my PC. Now, how do I get it off the phone?
    You have to reload the OS onto the phone. I don't know what OS you have loaded but if it is the same as what is on the phone you will have to wipe the current OS and then reload. I like the crackmem program by pete6.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    05-12-09 06:16 PM
    I just deleted the pics with BBFileScout but I didn't gain any memory after a BP... :-(
    05-14-09 11:14 AM
    I used the same Program..BBfileScount. I managed to delete ALL the pics and videos and
    Songs AND ringtones..but after checking my meterberry numerous times and doing batterypulls and rebooting the system as well as repairing my OS..... I got noo gains at all. Nothing
    !! Idk if it works tru BB File Scount..did anyone notice anygains or anything at all by using file scount? Any suggestions? I boot up still at 47,1. Mbs as before but I notied my keyboard is laggGgGggggging so much after doing this I think.

05-14-09 11:49 PM
    Any suggestions?
    05-15-09 01:10 PM
    Any suggestions?
    The only way to get rid of them from the phone is to remove the file as described in civics original post and reload the OS onto the phone. If it is the same OS that is currently on there you will have to either wipe the phone with JL commander or downgrade the reupgrade. ***MAKE SURE YOU DO PROPER BACKUPS PRIOR TO DOING EITHER*** You can find everything that you need in my signature.
    05-16-09 08:19 AM
    Was able to do this on previous versions but not .148

gonna have to do a complete reload i guess...moving the file out of the folder does nothing for me now...although it does get rid of my VAD when I move that out of the java folder...is there any other way around it i need these 5 mgs back
    05-21-09 08:28 AM
    Was able to do this on previous versions but not .148

gonna have to do a complete reload i guess...moving the file out of the folder does nothing for me now...although it does get rid of my VAD when I move that out of the java folder...is there any other way around it i need these 5 mgs back
    Check out an app called Shrink-A-OS. Run it before installing a new OS and you'll remove anything you don't want on there.
    05-21-09 08:31 AM
250 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD