if you use the free file manager app then you can select pictures in the sample section and delete without having to do the whole sample section. same goes for the cheesy contacts folder
    02-25-09 08:09 PM
    um i def have the free file manager app and you sure as **** cannot delete it
    02-26-09 12:06 AM
    um i def have the free file manager app and you sure as **** cannot delete it
    thats right, im lying. nevermind the fact i dont have the folders on my phone anymore and never used javaloader. go to system, go to pictures and dont open instead hit menu then delete, it will go most of the way then leave three files. backup to memory card then go back to system and do it again and the rest of the files delete
    Last edited by spawn026; 02-26-09 at 02:54 PM.
    02-26-09 02:47 PM
    What program is the "Free File Manager App"? Is it already on the phone and if so, where?
    Thanks.
    02-26-09 03:12 PM
    What program is the "Free File Manager App"? Is it already on the phone and if so, where?
    Thanks.
    this is the app
    http://crackberry.com/free-beta-file...pro-blackberry

it will fail most way through just try again after backing up and it will get the rest
    02-26-09 03:21 PM
    OK here it is. Simple way to delete sample pictures.

media>menu key>explore>system>samples>pictures>menu key>delete

This will delete all the sample pictures.

When you go back to media>pictures you will see sample pictures folder but its empty now
    Did this and all files seems to be deleted, but didn't free up any memory. I have for 2 battery pulls. Is there sometning else I need to do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:54 PM
    Thanks Spawn. Downloaded the Trial, found the files and it deleted all but 1 sample pic on the first run. Loaded DM, backed up and went after the last sample pic. They're all gone now but I'm still starting up around 40mb on memory.
    I think on the next OS update, I will delete all the previous OS versions first b/c it might have picked up the sample pics from those files.
    02-26-09 04:18 PM
    Thanks Spawn. Downloaded the Trial, found the files and it deleted all but 1 sample pic on the first run. Loaded DM, backed up and went after the last sample pic. They're all gone now but I'm still starting up around 40mb on memory.
    I think on the next OS update, I will delete all the previous OS versions first b/c it might have picked up the sample pics from those files.
    no problem, glad it worked for you just sucks you didnt see the memory change
    02-26-09 05:17 PM
    Thank you so much i appreciate it!
    02-27-09 11:58 AM
    So, I just downloaded the BBFileScout application, opened up System > Samples > Pictures and then deleted all of the sample pictures. Followed with a battery pull and restart. The files don't seem to be there, and not viewable either. Success? I also deleted the sample song.
    Last edited by nyr2k2; 03-09-09 at 12:26 PM.
    03-09-09 12:24 PM
    So, I just downloaded the BBFileScout application, opened up System > Samples > Pictures and then deleted all of the sample pictures. Followed with a battery pull and restart. The files don't seem to be there, and not viewable either. Success? I also deleted the sample song.
    I did the same thing but did not notice a difference in free memory, not sure if it really worked...
    03-13-09 03:23 PM
    I am unable to find any of the files specified. This is kinda frustrating to only gain 5 mb. Is it really worth my time? I am running os 109 if this makes a difference. And it wont backup via DM
    03-27-09 06:54 AM
    I just went ahead a deleted all of the preloaded pictures and ringtones. I have loaded my own personal ringtones so I do not miss the preloaded ringtones plus I have more memory.
    03-28-09 10:03 PM
    Good stuff!!!!
    04-01-09 05:40 PM
    this is the app
    FREE Beta: File Manager Pro for BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

it will fail most way through just try again after backing up and it will get the rest
    worked first try for me, unfortunately it didn't free anything for me....I'm at 42.2MB after a battery pull, and can't figure out how to free up some memory.....and it's kind of annoying....

Current app list is:
    Core Applications
    System SOftware
    Application Center
    Attachment Service
    Maps
    Messenger
    Brickbreaker
    Browser
    **theme**
    email setup application
    facebook
    file manager pro
    google maps
    meterberry
    phone
    visual voicemail
    windows live messenger
    word mole
    yahoo messenger

I'd take any suggestions as to what I could kill to clear some more app memory....at this point, I have more installed on my 8330 than on my 9530 and more memory free and clear on the 8330 than the storm, and could have sworn that I'd been told that the storm had more memory than the 8330.....
    04-06-09 05:32 PM
    Visual Voicemail - unless you use it

BB Maps - u have google maps, so you dont need it unless you have weather bug

App center - dont need it, have BB App World now

BB messenger, unless you use it
    04-06-09 05:43 PM
    don't have weather bug, but, I like BB-Maps for the directions aspect and the fact that it doesn't start up on its own like google maps does, visual VM I'll use if I get em, I'm payin for the service though so I may as well have the app to go with it....app center I'm more inclined to keep, I dumped app world cause I'm not buying random crap for my phone, and BBM I use constantly......
    04-07-09 11:17 PM
    Hi does anyone have the stock wallpapers from the storm ? I deleted mine but im looking to add a few back ?
    04-09-09 01:25 PM
    still doesn't work for me. Went to system/samples, then highlighted the 'pictures' folder, menu key... no delete option.

I only get a delete option if I bring up the menu on the "Samples" folder one level up, but then I assume I'd be deleting all the ringtones, folder icons, and other things I don't really want to delete.
    Yah, doesn't work for me either. I know I'm not blind....this blows. I already deleted the .cod, ran apploader and battery pulled...they wont goooo awayyy...
    04-17-09 12:36 PM
    i used crackmem and it was great for doing this
    04-17-09 03:33 PM
    Visual Voicemail - unless you use it

BB Maps - u have google maps, so you dont need it unless you have weather bug

App center - dont need it, have BB App World now

BB messenger, unless you use it
    Won't deleting bb maps deactivate the gps for other apps?

04-17-09 04:15 PM
    Yah, doesn't work for me either. I know I'm not blind....this blows. I already deleted the .cod, ran apploader and battery pulled...they wont goooo awayyy...
    carackmem works well for this prior to loading your OS into the berry. BB filescout works well for deleting OEM files. Be careful what you delete with that app though. Sample pics are fine. but you need the ringtones.
    04-17-09 05:16 PM
    Won't deleting bb maps deactivate the gps for other apps?

Just the apps that rely on BB maps: i.e. weatherbug.
    04-17-09 05:17 PM
    carackmem works well for this prior to loading your OS into the berry. BB filescout works well for deleting OEM files. Be careful what you delete with that app though. Sample pics are fine. but you need the ringtones.
    If I already clearly deleted the .cod file, how will Crackmem or any of these other programs help get rid of the pictures? I'm just curious...I've never used it before
    Last edited by KIMMIEK; 04-18-09 at 11:32 AM.
    04-18-09 07:51 AM
    I broke down and used BB File Scout...genius...I was just skurred to put random stuff on my phone but I got right in to those dang preinstalled pics and they're goneee!
    04-18-09 11:44 AM
250 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD