I had a movie on my BB, I went through my Finder on mac, and deleted the file off my BB. Or so I thought. The file is 700MB and although I cannot get it to register on my BB or computer anymore when I connect, I know it is still there somewhere because of the memory still taken up. My plan was to delete the movie off and add another but I can't now. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.
    11-19-09 06:00 AM
    Did you try reformatting your media card?
    11-19-09 07:43 AM
    Can I do that through my BB manager? or do I need to take the card out and hook it up to a reader and then to my cpu?
    11-19-09 03:38 PM
    With DM installed you can just hook it to usb and use explorer or my computer to move,copy or delete files on the media card if you enable mass media support. It's a good idea to copy all the files to your computer first. Also delete any dat files found in the folders for any media files. As these dat files can keep entries of files that are deleted. Most likey the file is deleted but the dat file keep showing it in the media file list. You will need to unhide hidden files on the computer to see the dat files with names like BBthumbs.dat They will be rebuild showing only the files you really have.
    11-19-09 06:01 PM
    thanks for your help i will try that
    11-20-09 07:35 PM
    With DM installed you can just hook it to usb and use explorer or my computer to move,copy or delete files on the media card if you enable mass media support. It's a good idea to copy all the files to your computer first. Also delete any dat files found in the folders for any media files. As these dat files can keep entries of files that are deleted. Most likey the file is deleted but the dat file keep showing it in the media file list. You will need to unhide hidden files on the computer to see the dat files with names like BBthumbs.dat They will be rebuild showing only the files you really have.
    Yeah, reformating your card usually does the trick for these weird memory issues..
    Last edited by BlackBerryr; 11-20-09 at 11:44 PM. Reason: wrong quote...
    11-20-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD