These instructions for OS 6 using BB built-in explore function (File Explore 6.0.0)

Step 1- Delete
    Go to Media on the Home screen and press the BB Menu button.
    Choose Explore and press the BB Menu button again.
    Choose Show Hidden
    Select system>samples
    The pictures folder is the one that displays as Wallpapers in the normal browsing screens. You'll notice that you cannot delete the files in this folder, so... Delete This Folder
    The Wallpapers folder is (for now) no longer there when browsing pictures normally.

Step 2- Access
    Enter the same samples folder just as in Step 1
    Press the BB Menu button and select New Folder
    Create a folder with the same name as the one we deleted: pictures
    The Wallpapers folder is now found in normal browsing and it is empty.
    To move pictures to this folder you must cut and paste using the explore function in your phone. As far as I know you must do this one at a time.

*If you add a shortcut to the samples folder on the home screen, you may be able to go back and forth to cut/paste a little faster*

I was not able to access the hidden folders from my PC. I think it all must be done on the phone.

Is there a difference to using the default folder instead of just creating a new folder and naming it "Wallpapers"?
    When you access the default/preloaded image folder, the images won't show in the Picture Library AND the Wallpapers folder. Also, if you have lady pictures your gf doesn't like, she won't be able to delete them. Same goes for the ladies with the jealous control freaks. (That is unless he or she knows how to find it using the BB Explore functions and delete it that way.)

Note to the forum: Sorry if this is already explained. I couldn't find it anywhere, at least that made sense to me. I thought this could be useful.
    Last edited by KuroKuro00; 06-08-11 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Didn't specify OS 6
    Gnufsh and anon2100101 like this.
    06-08-11 12:24 AM
    Don't know what OS your running, but that folder cannot be deleted. I don't have the delete option and when using filescout it tells me this "OS5 folder is read only content and cannot be deleted".
    06-08-11 08:12 AM
    Also, if you have lady pictures your gf doesn't like, she won't be able to delete them. Same goes for the ladies with the jealous control freaks. (That is unless he or she knows how to find it using the BB Explore functions and delete it that way.)

I do not get any option to delete. The folder is marked Read-Only. Besides, if this is your motivation, you have other issues you should focus on.
    06-08-11 08:36 AM
    That was just a joke. And I really don't have much to focus on, that's why I was messing around with my phone.

I have OS 6 and I don't use a 3rd party app for the explore. I didn't know they were different. I'll try to edit the title.
    06-08-11 11:04 AM
    That was just a joke. And I really don't have much to focus on, that's why I was messing around with my phone.

I have OS 6 and I don't use a 3rd party app for the explore. I didn't know they were different. I'll try to edit the title.
    You should delete the entire thread as it makes no sense for the OS 6 Torch!
    06-08-11 01:25 PM
    You should delete the entire thread as it makes no sense for the OS 6 Torch!
    I disagree. I have an OS 6 Torch 9800 and this is what I did. I got it last week from AT&T. I don't know what else to tell you.
    06-08-11 01:46 PM
    Any way to do this on the PlayBook?
    02-25-12 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD