8830 charger port is dead [again] after 2 months on a brand new one. Any suggestions how I can back up my address book so I can download it into the new 8830 verizon will be giving me? I use gmail. Also, for those with this as a repeat problem I think mine is due to using a non-blackberry charger, e.g., motorola. Is there some other kind of 8830 charger that doesn't use then port?
    02-05-09 09:37 PM
    You could try using Bluetooth connection. Not necessarily easy as Desktop Manager and bluetooth drivers sometimes have issues. I got a Kensington bluetooth and it does work.

Could you try using another usb port on your computer or another usb cord? Or is the port totally gone?
    02-06-09 11:39 AM
    thanks, f2. pretty sure port on 8830 is totally shot. happened while out of country and don't have extra cords with me. how do i send address book by blue tooth?
    02-06-09 09:34 PM
    Two ways depending on your desktop. You can either just BACKUP the entire unit's data to ONE file and then restore it to a new device (there is a switch-device-wizard of some sort), or you can sync your BB with Outlook's address book (if you have outlook or think it is worth obtaining for this purpose)
    02-07-09 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD