My daughter has a laptop and was transferring songs from the computer to her phone (mp3's of course) anyways, can we do that with the BB? Would they directly to the media card?

1b. Does the bb have the capability for her to Bluetooth the songs over in addition to the above?
    01-30-09 01:20 PM
    yea through desktop manager i believe
    01-30-09 01:22 PM
    Yea if you instaled the desktop manager softwear, a media manager is allso part of it, just follow directions and you should get it to work

make sure you put all MP3 on your media card or you will clog up device memory very quickly
    01-30-09 01:22 PM
    yes you can move songs to the media card. just use the Desktop Manager software to do that. Or you can open up the media card folder in Windows Explorer and move files there.

1b. Yes, you should be able to transfer files between phones using bluetooth after you sync the two phones
    01-30-09 01:23 PM
    Yes. You need an SD card installed in your BB.

Enable Mass Storage Mode on your BB. Options > Media Card > Media Card Support = On, Mass Storage Mode Support = On, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connect = yes.

Install DM on your PC.

Connect your BB to the PC with a USB cable. Windows will recognize your BB as a removable drive. You can drag and drop songs between your PC and your BB.

Bluetooth:

I'm pretty sure you can Bluetooth a song from the phone to the BB. As for PC to BB it will depend on the software that comes with the bluetooth device on the PC. I have Belkin BT dongle that supports this, but windows default may not.
    01-30-09 01:32 PM
    My daughter has a laptop and was transferring songs from the computer to her phone (mp3's of course) anyways, can we do that with the BB? Would they directly to the media card?
    This was covered in this thread you started:

Flash Drive

The question on BlueTooth is a fair one I'll admit.
    01-30-09 01:35 PM
    Yes. You need an SD card installed in your BB.

Enable Mass Storage Mode on your BB. Options > Media Card > Media Card Support = On, Mass Storage Mode Support = On, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connect = yes.

Install DM on your PC.

Connect your BB to the PC with a USB cable. Windows will recognize your BB as a removable drive. You can drag and drop songs between your PC and your BB.

Bluetooth:

I'm pretty sure you can Bluetooth a song from the phone to the BB. As for PC to BB it will depend on the software that comes with the bluetooth device on the PC. I have Belkin BT dongle that supports this, but windows default may not.
    Wnm,

Would the exact procedure above work with Firefox?
    01-30-09 01:38 PM
    Wnm,

The above procedure has nothing to do with internet browsers. Firefox or otherwise.
    01-30-09 01:40 PM
    Wnm,

I'm not familiar with Firefox, but it's not a browser issue. Once you have your BB and PC set up as described, you would use Windows Explorer to drag and drop files btwn the PC and the BB.
    01-30-09 01:45 PM
    This was covered in this thread you started:

Flash Drive

The question on BlueTooth is a fair one I'll admit.
    Oh c'mon now dvdfan2k, my memory isn't wat it used to be.. C'mon now, cut me some slack
    01-30-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD