I purchased a BSE screen protector a while ago, but haven't used it yet. I just finished blinging my cell phone, so I need to put the protector on ASAP.

However, it seems that the BSE has extra flaps that go beyond the "lens" of the blackberry. Can I cut them to make sure that they fit? And how can I cut them properly?

The pink area is where I must cut and the green area is where I applied Swarovski rhinestones.
    11-10-08 04:29 PM
    Im sure you could cut them, on he white paper first though without peeling off, however, Perhaps, trace around the screen, then cut the bse around the traced to get it even, then apply following the instructions, never know till ya try..
    11-10-08 04:37 PM
    Im sure you could cut them, on he white paper first though without peeling off, however, Perhaps, trace around the screen, then cut the bse around the traced to get it even, then apply following the instructions, never know till ya try..
    Yea, my question sounds really stupid, but I'm so unsure of these things lol. I'm afraid that I'll mess it up if I cut it myself. I just wanted to know if people have ever cut the BSE themselves and had a successful outcome.

How do you apply a BSE? 1:1 mix of water/baby shampoo? Then I dip the BSE piece into the solution and then just simply apply and press down?
    11-10-08 05:29 PM
    I have installed BSe on 3 8310s and never had to cut them. The trick is to put a tiny drop of shampoo (halh a drip is more than enough) into a cup or mug of slightly war water. Allow the bubbles to disapear and then dip each part of the BSE, one piece at a time into the water. Flick off trhe excess and place the skin over the phone. Squidge the bubbles out and you are all set.

Don't forget to clean the phone first.

Try this on the back first since mistakes will be less apparent and its the largest piece.
    11-10-08 06:08 PM
    I used a teensy bit of dish soap..
    11-10-08 06:11 PM
    If you have to cut it to fit correctly, then they sent you the wrong ones. They sent me the wrong ones before and I email CS and immediately they sent me out the corrrect ones. The correct one should fit great.
    11-10-08 06:14 PM
    She is meaning, she had put crystals on the top too, so the bit that comes above the lens will get in the way of the crystals, she just needs it precisely for the screen.. not going up and over to the led part etc... see on her pic, the green dots at the top are where her crystals are, she doesnt want to skin to cover that.. only the screen.
    11-10-08 06:20 PM
    I just realized Garz, sparklyberry said and gave us a pic where she has applied Swarovski jewels to he phone. They are all around the screen bezel. Must be why she's called sparklyberry, eh? Y'see Garz, you and I would not think of putting jewels on or phones so we just crashed on with instaling BSE on an un-customized phone - silly really.

What I would do is to either make up a template from thin card that fits the area you wish to cover and then use a sharp pair of scissors to cut the plastic whilst it is still on the backin paper just like Rachel suggested.

When you have cut the screen cover to shape, dunk it in the water.
    11-10-08 06:21 PM
    Jewels make everything sparkly
    11-10-08 06:26 PM
    Oh I see... I missed the bottom line.
    11-10-08 06:27 PM
    Oh I see... I missed the bottom line.
    I have an 18 year old niece. She does stuff like this.
    11-10-08 06:38 PM
    Jewels make everything sparkly
    I bought my wife a 1 carat saphire ring. She said "It's the wrong size." Now I can see it perfectly fitting her finger. Then she says "I take a 2 carat." So, yeah, I understand sparkly...
    11-10-08 06:41 PM
    LMAO priceless..

Ill taker her one carat though LOL
    11-10-08 07:07 PM
    LMAO priceless..

Ill taker her one carat though LOL
    It's true, really happened. She still has the 1 carat, still no 2 carat.
    11-10-08 07:38 PM
    lol I recently got engaged, so I have the sparklies too, my fingers are small so mine looks bigger than it really is LOL dazzlin!
    11-10-08 07:41 PM
    lol I recently got engaged, so I have the sparklies too, my fingers are small so mine looks bigger than it really is LOL dazzlin!
    Way to go Rachel. I have been married for 28 years (this time) and Mrs. Pete6 still likes to receive sparklies.
    11-10-08 08:07 PM
    Like my BBM status said the other night..

Diamonds AND brownies are a girls best friend..
    11-10-08 08:09 PM
    the IS is just the screen- not the extra part!
    11-10-08 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD