Hey guys,

When I use the Crackberry wallpaper maker, my images never seem to come out as clear as the sample pictures that came on my Bold. Are you guys uploading your images in .jpg or .png form and which one is sharper?

Thanks.
    11-16-08 03:46 PM
    All .jpg files are compressed anyway, so you need to use a high resolution picture to start with. Make sure the program you are using, isn't saving it down at a lower rate too. When I use Fireworks on mine, the default to export it as jpg is 80%, to get the full level, I have to put it back to 100%. This saves space but makes the picture look worse.

Look for really high resolution wallapers and just make the dimensions smaller and or crop to fit your bold, it gives a much better end result.
    11-16-08 04:12 PM
    All .jpg files are compressed anyway, so you need to use a high resolution picture to start with. Make sure the program you are using, isn't saving it down at a lower rate too. When I use Fireworks on mine, the default to export it as jpg is 80%, to get the full level, I have to put it back to 100%. This saves space but makes the picture look worse.

Look for really high resolution wallapers and just make the dimensions smaller and or crop to fit your bold, it gives a much better end result.
    Thanks for your reply,

I have plenty of high res photos, however, most of them are in .bmp form and the crackberry tool doesn't support that. Unless there is another way to upload them that doesn't limit me to using .jpg and .png files only??
    11-16-08 05:21 PM
    The wallpaper Maker is a good tool but it will only resize the file how it sees it. If you want to make your own, you need to be able to crop the file and resize yourself and then you can choose which bits to keep in or not.

I have a Triumph Rocket III photo, which looks great as the whole photo but even better when zoomed in over the handlebars and cropped to a closer pic.

You should try a good photo editing package like: Microsoft Office Photo Editor (comes with Office), Adobe Fireworks or PaintShop Pro. Experiment with those and see what you can turn out
    11-16-08 05:53 PM
    I messed around with Irfanview and resized the image to 480x300, then uploaded it via usb cable and it came out crystal clear. Thanks again.
    11-16-08 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD