Just curious to know why on my storm with the updated OS .148, my selected ringtone for text messages does not work anytime I have it on the charger? It only gives 2 doorbell chimes, the strange thing is when I take it off the charger it will randomly function the same way throughout the day, sometimes playing the selected ringtone and other times the 2 chimes.....
    07-08-09 11:09 AM
    thats because the DM is using your card where I think U have the tones right?

just desactive the storage mass from your phone and thats it...at least that worked for me, but since I like better have the storage mass on for tranfers files from my phones to my pc just opening folders and not using the desktop manager
    07-08-09 03:23 PM
    If you have the tons saved on your storage card, your phone software won't access it while the computer is accessing your memory card. Hardyboy001 is right.

If its with the wall charger that's another issue.
    07-08-09 03:25 PM
    As Hardyboy001 said, custom ringtones will not work while the phone is in mass storage mode

That's why I have my mass storage mode to prompt when I plug it into the computer.
    I use a wall charger at home but use the computer at the office.
    For the purpose of charging, I don't enable the mass storage mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 05:26 PM
    thanks i will change my mass storage mode to "prompt"
    07-09-09 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD