im in the process of doing mine very shortly. i called lowes and got a comparable paint that does the same exact thing and the person in the paint dept had no doubts on this. its called valspar for 4.95. wish me luck
    03-21-10 03:35 PM
    im in the process of doing mine very shortly. i called lowes and got a comparable paint that does the same exact thing and the person in the paint dept had no doubts on this. its called valspar for 4.95. wish me luck

Good luck, what color are you going to do it with? Please post pics
    03-21-10 05:06 PM
    navy blue i thing i think i over wet it i will see over night once it dries. but i dont think it gonna turn out the way i wanted
    03-21-10 05:09 PM
    navy blue i thing i think i over wet it i will see over night once it dries. but i dont think it gonna turn out the way i wanted
    If you did over spray it, you can always just sand it down with some fine sandpaper and paint over it again.
    03-21-10 07:58 PM
    lets see how it comes out first. im keeping my fingers crossed
    03-21-10 08:12 PM
    lets see how it comes out first. im keeping my fingers crossed
    Keep us updated!
    03-21-10 08:55 PM
    Wow y'all are taking customizing phones to the next level. Great job guys.
    03-21-10 08:57 PM
    I had someone PM me in regards to their paint job and they had experienced some tackiness to the feel and texture of the phone as well as it not fitting into the holster they use after they had put too thick a layer of paint on to the case. Remember, this ONE particular kind of paint is HIGH QUALITY shiot! It holds up under the most extreme conditions. In fact, I had a VERY HARD TIME sanding it down for a friend who had a small drip mark in his paint job. So, accept no substitutes and if you do decide to do this use the Color Bond paint. Also, I use a Seidio holster so it is very important not to put too thick of a coat on the shell. Tape the inside of the shell off prior to painting and you will cut the layer thickness in half and use very small coats until you see a nice even layer of the color you want.

Good luck everyone.
    03-22-10 10:38 AM
    did u sand down the case or use primer before spraying it with color bond?
    03-23-10 04:12 AM
    Primer is not necessary and I did not sand it down either. They just recommend that you clean it very well with alcohol...
    03-23-10 09:51 AM
    will try to find that kind of paint, in white color...
    cool idea...
    03-23-10 10:56 AM
    I would really like to see some more pics!! Looks very nice!
    03-31-10 06:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD