So I hate AT&T and the fact that you have to pay $2.49 for a ringtone you can't even preview first, and when you transfer music to your 8300, far as I know you can only set the first portion of the song as your ringtone. Maybe there is a way around this but a great site I found with a simple registration that through a text message sent to your phone with a 4 digit activation code lets you upload songs and choose what part of the song you want as your ringtone. You choose the start and stop times and the duration and then the tone is sent to your phone where you simply click a link, convert it to Mp3 format (or whatever you desire) and it downloads to the Ring Tones section of your phone and can be used as your ringtone. Fantastic IMHO, as I've got some tones on my phone now that I wouldn't have been able to use otherwise.

Sorry for the rant. But I like some music that you may not usually find in a Cingular Catalog.

In short, MyxerTones :: Ringtones from your music! for customized ringtones on your Curve!
    06-27-07 10:31 PM
    You could just use the ringtone gallery here on CB. They have a ton of stuff. Check it out.
    06-27-07 10:34 PM
    CellSea Java Ringtone Maker is what I use allows you upload, select any section/piece you want also allows you to download direct to phone(Eww data charges) or download direct to PC(yayyy no data) and transfer via media card.
    07-20-07 09:52 PM
    Awsome I can't wait to get home now to try and get some decent ringtones for this thing...

Wow haha this my first ever post to a forum from my phone... Cool!

James

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-07 11:02 PM
    I know what you mean. I have AT&T as well. A friend of mine works for T-Mobile and she gave me this website that I have found every tone I have wanted and for the most part they are of the better part of the songs that you would want as ringers.

www dot free-ringtones dot ie
    07-22-07 09:55 PM
    Or why dot you use simple "hack" on AT&T page?

Preview file and then find it in IE's "Temporary Internet Files" folder...
    08-21-07 04:38 PM
    I know what you mean. I have AT&T as well. A friend of mine works for T-Mobile and she gave me this website that I have found every tone I have wanted and for the most part they are of the better part of the songs that you would want as ringers.

www dot free-ringtones dot ie
    that is probably the best website ever...thanks!!!!!!!!
    11-01-07 03:31 PM
    I used the website myxertones for my ringtones and it does work! But the problem is when I delete a ringtone it does delete the song but the file name is still there and it's kinda annoying. Anyone know how to delete the ringtone file? I already tried deleting it through connecting my blackberry to the computer and its still the same thing. HELP?!!!
    11-05-07 06:34 PM
    Do a battery pull then, try to delete it again if it's still there.
    11-07-07 04:08 PM
    As many times as I do it the file won't erase. How do I do a battery pull?
    11-07-07 05:03 PM
    tuneusin.com is another good websit i think.
    11-16-07 11:40 AM
    I have the ringtone that I want, but I can only get it to play the first part of the song. How can I can it to play longer?
    06-12-08 11:07 AM
    dude Zedge | Free ringtones, themes, wallpapers, videos and games for your cell phone - Free your phone! is by far one of the best free ringtone sites i have found out there. you can make your own tones wallpapers and videos as well.
    06-12-08 02:48 PM
    Awesome. This site is a godsend. I thought I would be stuck listening to antelopes and crickets when someone called.
    08-22-08 01:14 AM
    Free Ringtones from Phonezoo: Make and Download Free Ringtones, Free Mobile Wallpaper and Free Mobile Games This is another good one, lots of ringtones, and you can make your own.

No, they dont have games for the BB as far as I know and last checked
    08-22-08 01:37 AM
    The ringtones I downloaded on here are suddenly saying invalid ringtone selection when I try to use them on my phone... I just got this phone 3 days ago, is it defective or something?
    08-01-10 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD