ladies/gents,

as stated, curve will not wake out of the OEM plastic holster. it does not really bother me but was wondering if this has happened to others.. is there a fix? i have not changed any settings so i think its a physical..but just wondering if any others have experienced this...
    05-24-09 10:22 AM
    The 'wake' feature is magnetic. Over the 'nextel' portion at the bottom of the 8350i curve is where the magnet usually goes to 'sleep' the phone.
    Take a metal object to your holster, and see if it attracts to anything magnetic.
    If not, something has happened to cause the holster magnet to fail.
    If you can detect something magnetic, find a small magnet (maybe off the fridge?) and place it near the bottom front of your nextel. See if the phone tries to sleep. It should, if it doesn't than the phone may have a defect.
    05-24-09 11:49 AM
    your a heck of a guy... to help me out.. (could not resist) i see there is a little circular cut out section on the back of the holster. is there supposed to be a magnet in that hole or is it built inside the palstic? i wanna say i felt a little magnetic attraction on the holster side.. i did put the phone up to the rubber magnet around the fridge door and it did NOT go to sleep. so is it safe to say the phones magnetic is defective? and if the phone is the culprit, will sprint replace this just for the magnetic function or will they fight it? i do have the insurance and this is my 3rd 8350i phone since January... the first one was brand new and the second two have been refurbs... thank you for the help all...
    05-24-09 02:52 PM
    Heck yea they should either fix/replace it.

The "sleep" function is just that, a function and for me, it is what extends my battery big time!!!!
    05-24-09 03:15 PM
    your a heck of a guy... to help me out.. (could not resist) i see there is a little circular cut out section on the back of the holster. is there supposed to be a magnet in that hole or is it built inside the palstic? i wanna say i felt a little magnetic attraction on the holster side.. i did put the phone up to the rubber magnet around the fridge door and it did NOT go to sleep. so is it safe to say the phones magnetic is defective? and if the phone is the culprit, will sprint replace this just for the magnetic function or will they fight it? i do have the insurance and this is my 3rd 8350i phone since January... the first one was brand new and the second two have been refurbs... thank you for the help all...
    I'm not sure your fridge door seal will be magnetic enough, I was thinking fridge magnet (i have kids, hence the fridge is always camouflaged)
    You could probably mess with your backlight timer, and get away without having the phone sleep, but I like the 'awake' function. That is, if it's vibrating to an email, if I remove it to the 'wake' state soon enough, it'll open the message for me automatically.
    On my OEM holster that came with the phone (the clip style) you can view from the back the shiny magnet that's inset on the holster. If you've a hole there, that could be the problem. it'll be on the back of the holster, slightly offset to the left if the holster is phone side down.
    05-24-09 04:56 PM
    ill snap a photo of the holster and you can verify for me if it looks legit..

yeah it was nifty to pull if off the clip and it goes right to the email, im message.. etc..

oh you mean a frige magnet thingy.. well i dont have any of that.. i can probably use a speaker magnet...
    ill report back later and i appreciate the assistance...
    05-25-09 01:30 PM
    The fridge magnet does indeed work, I just had to find one big enough, and I had to place it just right as well

A small speaker magnet will do the trick as well.
    05-25-09 03:03 PM
    here check this blurry photo out and see if you can make out if the holster is missing anything or not...

i think the phone is defective... but would appreciate any opinions...
    05-25-09 07:58 PM
    here check this blurry photo out and see if you can make out if the holster is missing anything or not...

i think the phone is defective... but would appreciate any opinions...
    Personally... I don't use the holster that came with my BB. I would take it to a store for service and see what they say. If you have insurance on your phone then it should not be an issue, if it's defective. The may just replace your BB for another one.
    05-30-09 04:25 PM
    as an update, there is a fault in the 8350i and im getting another refurb. this will be #4 since january....
    06-07-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD