so i know there is already a thread on this for the 8300 but i thought i would inform my fellow 8900 users about this awesome find!!!

they are skin cases for your phone that are made from a thicker sturdier plastic called resin as opposed to the thinner silicone...still same i dea but different material and feel...its a harder less flexible plastic but it makes for more protection and a better fit!

case came in the mail today and i have to say...i LOVE it not only did it come with a case but with a cleaning cloth and a pretty decent screen protector specifically fitted for my 8900 i am a very happy girl this afternoon ! the high quality resin is awesom its a shiny red plastic thats way thicker and sturdier than the silicone cases and fits my phone like a resin glove lol the pattern in the platic is very cute! very snug fit but will come off easily if needed to be removed, it looks like an OEM product lol , my only complaints are that the seals where i assume the edges of the resin molds meet is a tad rough and i has a teenytiny blemish like a piece of dust had gotten stuck inside the resin as it was molding or something, but absolutely nothing that would make me unhappy with my purchase...i will definitly be buying from this seller again!!!! very satisfied...it was a great price! the wait time was not long at all and my phone is securely protected from falls now! i love it more than the silicone cases....i would post pics but it looks exactly like the pics on the website haha

i bought it off Ebay from a seller named DCmugen88...and no i am not advertising for this seller, this is the only place i know where to get them and they rock so i want to share my findings with my CB family!!!

this is what mine looks like!

heres one of both of my black and red cases sidebyside for comparison

and theyre made for other models as well...i would definitly check into getting one...cus i absoltely love the look of my phone now, what do you guys think??

edit...other options!
    i found an alternative to the DCMuggen88 ones....these ones have the whole camera pod cutout instead of just the little holes....theyre cheaper and seem to be the same quality, i personally havent bought them so buy at your own risk...personally i think DCMuggen's package deals if you buy more than one is a good way to go....but this is just an alternative
    Soft Gel Hard Case 8900 from the seller 72suzy

as well as these crystal gel cases 8900 from the seller MangoElectronics which have a diamond cut pattern instead of the circles ...again i havent bought this particular item so i cant say how the quality, shipping time, and customer service is with them but it is another alternative...they also have them for the Bold 8800 and 8300 from what i saw
    Last edited by jamiegroh; 08-05-09 at 03:00 PM.
    06-22-09 07:02 PM
    well i just got my incipio feather lite black case and I liked it so much that I was gonna order another this week but I think I might try one of these instead!
    06-22-09 07:27 PM
    i dont get the feather lite...it looks like to me that it doesnt really protect much....it looks more like a clip on backing or something? i dunno...do you like it?
    06-22-09 07:40 PM
    I have the feather case from Incipio, it's hard to take on & off for a battery pull.
    06-22-09 08:08 PM
    i got one of these in black and i loved it! the shipping time was fabulous as well and i didn't really have that much expectation for this gel skin, but surprisingly, the fit is very snug and it gives a more polished look for my berry vs the normal silicone skins. oh and do note that the skin does have little circular patterns on it. not terribly visible, but something my bf said he would rather not have. lol.

i saw that on istyles (?) they were selling something like this for US29!! that's just crazyyy, they're called Vibes or something. i much rather get it off ebay than pay that much for a skin!
    06-22-09 09:23 PM
    I have the feather case from Incipio, it's hard to take on & off for a battery pull.
    I dont do battery pulls as I just find an app I dont like and remove it or use quickpull. As for the comment above I like it because I have spent so much time ever since I joined this site babying my phone that its a nice change! Sorry to go off topic to the op but the incipio gives it some class. I dont like the naked look so I just consider this running around in my briefs!
    06-22-09 09:33 PM
    i got one of these in black and i loved it! the shipping time was fabulous as well and i didn't really have that much expectation for this gel skin, but surprisingly, the fit is very snug and it gives a more polished look for my berry vs the normal silicone skins. oh and do note that the skin does have little circular patterns on it. not terribly visible, but something my bf said he would rather not have. lol.

i saw that on istyles (?) they were selling something like this for US29!! that's just crazyyy, they're called Vibes or something. i much rather get it off ebay than pay that much for a skin!
    I agree about the polished look, I think its actually a better look than silicone....I think I'm going to order one in black I would howewer like to see them come in a solid color rather than the clearish see through but I love the circles in the plastic and if it has to be see through I like that it has a pattern of some sort just to make it not so boring haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 09:42 PM
    For the price break, I ended up ordering 3.
    I have been meaning to get a case for mine, but couldn't decide up to now. Hope I like them. But even if not, not a huge loss.
    06-23-09 12:34 AM
    Yeah really! The price is the best thing about it! Haha...I really like mine, ill be ordering more here shortly

06-23-09 01:06 AM
    oohh do post pictures when they get here!
    06-23-09 02:09 AM
    I ordered the red one a week ago. If i love it, which im sure i will, im going to order more. I'll take pics when i get it, i wanted to view it on an actual phone but havent had the opportunity.

They are similar to the iskin Vibes but i couldnt fix myself to pay 30 bucks for one i could get for 5 on ebay haha.

Iskin here:
    iSkin Vibes & Vibes FX for BlackBerry Curve 8900 - Overview
    06-23-09 11:44 PM
    here are pics of the red one on my phone...youll have to excuse the dust lol

(i also replaced the pics from the website with my actual pics on the first post)

06-24-09 03:55 PM
    I ordered the red one a week ago. If i love it, which im sure i will, im going to order more. I'll take pics when i get it, i wanted to view it on an actual phone but havent had the opportunity.

They are similar to the iskin Vibes but i couldnt fix myself to pay 30 bucks for one i could get for 5 on ebay haha.

Iskin here:
    iSkin Vibes & Vibes FX for BlackBerry Curve 8900 - Overview
    yeah your right they are pretty much the same thing except the ones from ebay are affordable haha and IMO theres more protection for the glass camera area...theres no way id pay what iskin wants for them
    06-24-09 03:58 PM
    Well I purchased the iSkin Vibes fx in twilight and I have to say that I like it very much. The case is made very well and completely protects my phone. Also, there is a clear cover protecting the flash and the only part exposed in the back is the camera. Plus, if you sign up for the newsletter you get 15% off of your purchase. Granted it isn't a lot but it is something. For anyone willing to pay a lilttle extra money for a case I would definitely recommend this one.
    06-24-09 05:50 PM
    Well I purchased the iSkin Vibes fx in twilight and I have to say that I like it very much. The case is made very well and completely protects my phone. Also, there is a clear cover protecting the flash and the only part exposed in the back is the camera. Plus, if you sign up for the newsletter you get 15% off of your purchase. Granted it isn't a lot but it is something. For anyone willing to pay a lilttle extra money for a case I would definitely recommend this one.
    I have to second this. I bought the iSkin case and just find spending the extra money gives you extra quality. It actually cost me a lot more seeing as I am in Canada but it was still worth every penny. I love iSkin products - I buy them for everything I can and think the quality is always amazing.
    06-24-09 06:00 PM
    I ordered a pink one last week from the same ebay seller. i learned about them from nancydrew. i cant wait until it gets here!!!
    06-24-09 06:10 PM
    jamiegroh,

Nice looking... coming from Hong Kong... how long did it take before you received your package??? And are you East coast, West coast or somewhere in between???
    06-24-09 06:59 PM
    It took 4days from shipped product to delivered product ata my door and I'm on the east coast in southern florida

06-24-09 08:19 PM
    pretty!! and it really matches your wallpaper too jamie!
    06-24-09 09:19 PM
    thank yoooooou!
    06-24-09 10:10 PM
    It took 4days from shipped product to delivered product ata my door and I'm on the east coast in southern florida

Much better than the last Hong Kong eBay seller I dealt with... I'm think about one, or two to have some variety... I have a black silicone skin on it since day one back in January.
    06-25-09 06:05 AM
    I ordered 3 today, can't go wrong for 12 plus I got a diff color incipio as well!

06-25-09 09:56 AM
    Would anyone reccomend this case over
    The Seido Innocase II? I really like the way
    This one looks, but the Innocase seems more
    Solid, just wish it came in more colors.
    06-25-09 10:54 AM
    Ooo, I've never seen such a case. I have a Case Mate Smart skin which is awesome cuz it covers the keys as well.

I was gonna ask how long shipping was since things from China usually take FOREVER, but I saw someone already asked that.

Is it like...sticky? lol Does it go in the pocket well? Seems like it would be kinda difficult.
    06-25-09 01:35 PM
    Ooo, I've never seen such a case. I have a Case Mate Smart skin which is awesome cuz it covers the keys as well.

I was gonna ask how long shipping was since things from China usually take FOREVER, but I saw someone already asked that.

Is it like...sticky? lol Does it go in the pocket well? Seems like it would be kinda difficult.
    nope its not sticky at all its a smooth shiny plastic and has absolutely no problem sliding in and out of pockets of my purse! its not like a takcie plastic that dust collects to or anything its like a hard plastic snap together case kinda material but its one solid piece and its flexible so its easy to take on and off

h/o ill get some other pics up to depict what im tryin to explain lol
    06-25-09 01:40 PM
149 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD