I need help....

I have been trying everything I can think of to change the tones for SMS, MSM, and Email on my blackberry.... I still have the factory tones and they are just too quiet-- I miss messages all the time! And my boyfriend is in Iraq so I need to figure something else out because this isnt working well enough for me anymore....

Does anyone know how to change the tone so that all of SMS messages are one song, all of my MSM messages are another song, and all of my Email messages are another song??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am totally stuck!
    08-04-09 07:50 AM
    simple solution because everyone has what is needed.

Open up Windows Movie Maker.
    Import Media - the song you want for your phone in it.
    Now drag the song down to the timeline. you can now drag the begginning and end of the song bars on the timeline to trim the song to exactly the part you want. once it is trimmed, make sure it starts at second 0, dont have it starting at like 15 seconds. you can do this by dragging the whole clip to the beginning.

There are also volume choices, you can increase or decrease the volume. I always choose fade in and fade out on effects so it sounds better.

Now "Publish Movie"(or something like that. not save project) choose this computer, then choose a name for it and where you want it to go on the pc.

Now you place it on your phone, in Ringtones folder prefferably. Go to you sms and mms ringtones and put the songs you made as your ring tones. If your phone will not recognise WMV, use something to convert it to MP3

Hope that helps
    08-04-09 08:16 AM
    I make all of mine MP3's using DBPowerAmpPro. All of my ringtones and tones are custom. I know there are other ways to do this, but this is the easiest way I could find to show people how to do it without them haveing to download an application, or anything. maybe someone else has a better way though.
    08-04-09 08:18 AM
    i'm in my ringtone folder... i clicked on the song i want as my SMS/MSM/Email tone but cant find the place to save it as those things..... i can only make a ringtone work for my calls.

where do i look??
    08-04-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD