If your listening to music (with a wired headset) via the media player or Pandora and the 9700 is in the holster (with a magnet) if you press the mute button will it pause the music? Also will holding down the volume buttons skip tracks?
    11-19-09 12:15 PM
    If a Blackberry is in the magnet induced sleep mode all buttons are inactive.

This is one of the ways battery life is conserved.
    11-19-09 02:26 PM
    What if its in a holster without a magnet and it just in standby. The mute button is supposed to bring it out of standby, correct? So if you double tapped the mute button would it bring it out of standby and pause the music?

Also is there difference between being put in standby with the mute button and with and magnetic holster?
    11-19-09 06:05 PM
    Anyone?...
    11-20-09 09:21 AM
    I misunderstood ur question... Sorry
    Last edited by xgm541; 11-20-09 at 09:46 AM.
    11-20-09 09:44 AM
    when i was on the plane the other day i was listening to music and had the phone in its holster. the volume buttons worked as volume buttons and the mute button pauses the song
    11-20-09 09:52 AM
    when i was on the plane the other day i was listening to music and had the phone in its holster. the volume buttons worked as volume buttons and the mute button pauses the song
    That is awesome! Was it a magnetic holster?
    11-20-09 10:27 AM
    Can any one else confirm listening to music with phone in standby/(magnetic holster) the mute button pauses the song....? THANX!
    11-20-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD