I just downloaded wallpaper from the site. I emailed the wallpaper to my phone and opened the attachment. However, before I could open the attachment, it asked for permission for the application to listen to messages.

Has anyone ever received this message when downloading wallpaper from Crackberry? Does this mean that spyware is attached to the wallpaper file? I appreciate your insight!
    06-19-09 08:26 PM
    I just downloaded wallpaper from the site. I emailed the wallpaper to my phone and opened the attachment. However, before I could open the attachment, it asked for permission for the application to listen to messages.

Has anyone ever received this message when downloading wallpaper from Crackberry? Does this mean that spyware is attached to the wallpaper file? I appreciate your insight!

there has to be another applicaiton on your device that is wanting connecction..

as all crackberry sends is a picture in a email..
    06-19-09 09:00 PM
    I appreciate your reply. I have never got that permission message before, so I do not know why another application would request connection while I am downloading wallpaper.
    06-19-09 09:23 PM
    but I have to say I've run through probably close to 50 wallpapers from crackberry so far and the number keeps climbing and I've yet to see anything of the sort. I'd recommend removing all of your 3rd party apps and reinstalling one at a time, and trying to isolate them and see which one might be the issue if you're truly worried.
    06-19-09 09:42 PM
    Thanks Samael! I will try what you suggested.
    06-20-09 08:52 AM
    being that I have uploaded wallpapers that I created I can tell you that the image is not edited from crackberry...

the only thing that may change by uploading it to crackberry is the size to fit a device that you pick if it wasn't the correct size to begin with..

I do get 1 warning when downloading it though..

the typical blackberry warning telling you to download and sometimes saying that your ip will show etc.
    06-20-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD