I saw a CB review of the case and showed it sliding in and out with ease of what I think is a bold 9000 holster. I also read a few posts from CB users who also use this setup.

I just bought a commuter and tried a bold 9000 holster... No way it fits. Flap doesn't even fully close and I really have to push or pull hard to get the phone in and out.

I used the same product number holster that is bundled with the oem hardshell on the CB store.

Am I missing anything?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-10-12 12:42 PM
    You need to get the Bold 9000 Koskin holster. I bought it off ebay for about $8. The one shown on CB with the hard case is not the same holster. I have the otterbox commuter/9000 holster combo on my 9930 and it works fine.

I saw a CB review of the case and showed it sliding in and out with ease of what I think is a bold 9000 holster. I also read a few posts from CB users who also use this setup.

I just bought a commuter and tried a bold 9000 holster... No way it fits. Flap doesn't even fully close and I really have to push or pull hard to get the phone in and out.

I used the same product number holster that is bundled with the oem hardshell on the CB store.

Am I missing anything?

04-10-12 06:47 PM
    Thanks, I'll check that out.

04-10-12 07:58 PM
    Hmmm, seems hard to get this through a canadian site. Ebay.ca doesn't have it, neither does amazon.ca.. I think shipping will be expensive.

04-11-12 07:46 AM
    I have the same set-up as you, and this is what I did to make it work. The BB 9000 case is leather which means it will stretch. Soak the holster in warm water for a few minutes so that it is good and saturated. Now take the 9900 in the commutor case and place it into a sandwich bag (the kind that has the fold over flap and are thin gauged). Slip it into the wet holster and let dry. Your phone will fit like a hand in a glove.
    04-13-12 12:13 PM
    Hmmm... Nice! Thanks for the tip!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapathumbs
    04-14-12 03:14 PM
    Well, I was able to find a used koskin holster on kijiji for 10 bucks. It was still a bit snug when I first tried it, but went with anyways.

A week later, I must say it fits like a glove and I love this combo.

Now I have to sell my otterbox defender case. ;-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapathumbs
    05-01-12 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD