I just purchased a clear case for the Curve. I know that there have been many requests about the best case, but I wanted to let everyone know that the TMo retail stores just got in Speck acrylic cases.

They have them in blue, pink and clear. I obviously chose the clear one. I can't attach a pix right now, but the case covers the entire phone except for the keyboard and buttons. Yes, this case provides SCREEN protection! The case adds no more than 2mm to the phone overall. My only gripe is that it is a little challenging to get the case on and off for battery pulls or to clean the phone of lint behind the case. Other than that, I love this case.

Oh and I bought the case for only $9.99. Best price I have found in person for a case like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-08 03:52 PM
    Do post some photos when you have an opportunity please.
    02-09-08 03:58 PM
    they are sold in the crackberry store, i just ordered one for 30$!! dammit. lol
    SPECK hard case-8300series
    02-09-08 04:26 PM
    Hmm. I may have to go to a T-Mo dealer tomorrow to see if they've got one. I bought a rubberized Speck case for my video iPod a couple years ago and loved it. It always got compliments and provided great protection.
    02-09-08 04:34 PM
    trust me, i love the SPECK case for my Curve, and i am gonna go to my local TMo store,and buy another for 9.99!!! if i can find one, i use ATT
    02-09-08 04:56 PM
    Yeah I brought one yesterday while waiting for my other case to get deliver. You can't beat $9.99 though for speck
    02-09-08 08:15 PM
    Do they have them for the pearl.
    02-09-08 09:18 PM
    I didn't see anything for the Pearl as I wasn't looking for it.

02-10-08 01:28 AM
    I picked up my Speck case today at T-Mo for $9.99. I agree with you, ruhrohs; while I like the look (I got a clear one), taking the case off can be a bear. Plus, I'm not loving the way it has to face forward in the holster in order to stay put. Fortunately, I don't see myself keeping it in there much anyway.
    02-11-08 10:19 PM
    Glad to see that some of you guys and gals are able to find the case at your local retailer.

02-12-08 10:43 AM
    I think I want to get one of these too, what does the screen protector look like?
    02-12-08 11:02 AM
    Hard to see from the picture in the CB store, does it allow you to charge in a cradle with the case still on?

Have a speck case on my daughter's 30gb iPod and while the case has definitely taken its share of 11 year old abuse, the iPod looks brand new - they make good stuff.
    02-12-08 11:21 AM
    Picked up my clear speck case from the local TM store. Seems like a great quality. I would like to see a smoke colored one but the clear works just fine for me. Oh and there were some speck cases for the pearl as well. Thanks for spreading the word.

02-12-08 10:10 PM
    No photos from any of you guys?
    02-12-08 10:24 PM
    i think i saw the blue one in stock, but the thing is i thought i saw a huge blue screen protector over it? whats the point of getting a blue one (which i want) if the protector is blue? or did i just misinterpret the case?
    02-12-08 11:44 PM
    bikerider- there are open slots for all the various buttons and ports on the side and back, so you can charge your Berry or listen to music, etc.

I got a clear Speck and to answer your question, sunkast, it looks pretty much like the one in the Crackberry store. (I haven't taken a pic.) I think cjcarbone posted the link in his message. Mine looks like that, except Iggy is a gold Curve.

It's gotten much easier to pop the case when I need to do a battery pull or clean; I just had to figure out the best place(s) to pry.

I have noticed, however, that no matter how well I clean the inside of the case before I put it back on Iggy that the darn thing just attracts dust and whatever else in those scant few seconds. It's like a magnet or some crazy kinda static cling thing. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased. Iggy's gotten a few compliments in just the past couple of days and I no longer have to cut out squares of screen protector to fit the screen. Plus, it does look pretty cool.
    02-13-08 11:37 AM
    The wife and I have been using these since October. Offer great protection, but they scratch rather easy and gain play after a while (mine is starting to seem loose and creaks alot). Her's gets thrown in the purse and the keys and all other junk have really doone a number on it, but the phone itself still looks like new (I actually don't use the cradle as I prefer the OEM holster with the sleeper magnet, so mine has faired better).

You will want to start using the left alt, right shift, and del key sequence to reset most of the time (rather than the battery pull) as this is much easier and usually just as effective, although sometimes only the battery pull will do.
    02-13-08 01:52 PM
    I have two issues, with the Speck product.

One, the slots for the buttons...it's like putting your finger into a vast hole. It makes hitting the mute button a 'task'. Bad.

Two, the creaking that last poster mentioned. They could've gone the extra mile and put some fastening system, on the sides. They didn't, they lose.

I paid 25 bucks, for this piece of CRAP. And, they didn't have the mind to fasten the sides? It's not even worth 10 dollars, to be honest.
    02-13-08 01:59 PM
    bikerider- there are open slots for all the various buttons and ports on the side and back, so you can charge your Berry or listen to music, etc.

I got a clear Speck and to answer your question, sunkast, it looks pretty much like the one in the Crackberry store. (I haven't taken a pic.) I think cjcarbone posted the link in his message. Mine looks like that, except Iggy is a gold Curve.
    It IS the one, in the crackberry store. I went in to TMO, this week after reading this thread. It has Speck, written right on it. The sales guy didn't know what 'speck' was, until I showed him the name emblazened on the the product in the T-mobile box.
    02-13-08 02:02 PM
    Haha. Been out of it for the past couple of days. I will try to get pix up tonight.

02-13-08 02:52 PM
    I have had this case for probably 2, maybe 3 months. I think it is so poorly executed. There are so many different things that really need to be changed on it.

Negatives
    1. What is up with the molded in square in the top left of the screen? I find it distracting.
    2. Why doesn't the case close tightly? This is supposed to be a customized mold and yet it still doesn't close very well.
    3. The plastic scratches very easily. Anything you use to clean the dust off of it will scratch the plastic.
    4. Trying to use the buttons on the sides are nearly impossible to press because of how thick the side of the case is. I can barely use the volume control.
    5. The thickness of the case on the left and right side of the keyboard needs to be thinner, it can at times make it a bit difficult to hit some keys.
    6. The latch system on the bottom back is very awkward and ripe for breaking down the road.
    7. The poorly aligned left and right side are really bad for something I paid $30 for. This should have a perfect alignment, the sides should somehow have a positive connecting and not easily flex and pinch.

Positives
    1. The screen is covered and protected.
    2. It is clear, a plus since I got the Red Curve.
    3. Doesn't add much weight to the Curve.
    4. Camera is still usable as is the speaker phone.
    5. It fits into the BlackBerry leather case!
    6. Nice packaging!

Overall I would not recommend this at all after living with it for several months. I actually wrote to Speck about my complaints and never heard from them. I also called and spoke with customer support and they didn't seem to care about my concerns... won't be buying another Speck product again as I don't like their engineering or design.

I actually have a bunch of pictures that I can post once I get home if nobody has done it by then.
    02-13-08 03:21 PM
    It IS the one, in the crackberry store. I went in to TMO, this week after reading this thread. It has Speck, written right on it. The sales guy didn't know what 'speck' was, until I showed him the name emblazened on the the product in the T-mobile box.
    Strontium- I had the exact same experience at my T-Mo store. I always think it's funny when the customer knows more about the store's product and accessory stock than the guys/gals behind the counter. I've found that happens a lot when it comes to the Blackberry. Good thing there are sites like this one out there to keep us in the know.

spdrcr5- I agree with all your points, both positive and negative. This is definitely not like the case I bought for my iPod a few years ago, but for $9.99 it's not bad. I won't be buying another one, though.
    02-13-08 03:30 PM
    I picked up one of these last night at the TMo store. It's really nice - they're selling it as an OEM product that's TMo branded, which is probably why they're selling it for $10.
    02-14-08 09:48 AM
    I agree with spdrcr with his pros/cons. I found it very annoying that it scratches way too easily and it was a magnet for dust/lint etc getting in under the protective cover. I found myself taken it off every other day or so to wipe it clean. For $10 it's not bad, but you can do better.... I recently ordered the InvisibleShield and I'm much more satisfied with that than with the speck.
    02-14-08 12:48 PM
    ...I recently ordered the InvisibleShield and I'm much more satisfied with that than with the speck.
    Does it just cover the screen?

I like the level of protection from the Speck case, just wish it was a little nicer as far as quality goes. But I'm in agreeance with some of the other Crackberry addicts in saying it only costed 10 bucks, so it really isn't that bad...
    02-14-08 03:24 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD