Hey everyone.

I have a couple of quick questions regarding BB Music:

1) Let's say I have 20 BB Music friends for a total of 1000 songs. Am i able to make multiple playlists out of those 1000 songs ( i.e., one for rock, one for rap, one for indie, etc.)? Also, is there a limit to the number of songs I can have in a single playlist?

2) Can someone please explain how caching works? I am aware that the songs get saved to the SD card for offline listening, but can I take those cached songs and transfer them to my computer or burn them onto a CD? Also, what happens if I cache a song from someone's playlist and then next month they remove it from their playlist. Does that song also get removed from my playlist as well??

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Q4L
    11-03-11 03:32 PM
    1) You make your own playlist. When you browse your friend's collections and find a song you like, you select to add that song to one of your playlists.

2) no, you cannot transfer them. You do not *own* the music. If you were able to transfer them, the record labels wouldn't have agreed to $4.99/month as they'd all go out of business.
    11-03-11 03:52 PM
    1) You make your own playlist. When you browse your friend's collections and find a song you like, you select to add that song to one of your playlists.

2) no, you cannot transfer them. You do not *own* the music. If you were able to transfer them, the record labels wouldn't have agreed to $4.99/month as they'd all go out of business.
    1) So I make my own playlist of 50 songs AND I can also make other playlists from my contact's playlists? Is there a limit to how many playlists based on my friend's songs that I can make?

2) So how does offline caching work? How am I able to listen to my music without using my data plan?
    11-03-11 07:07 PM
    1) Yes, that is the whole point of the app. Everyone shares their 50. You can either make playlists and add songs you want to them or you can just find songs and play them randomly. Heck, you can shuffle every song you have access to if you wanted. Your only limit is the songs you can access through friends.

2) Go into options and choose if you want songs cached to your device or media card. You can also choose to only stream over wifi or both wifi and radio. The first time you play a track it autmoatically caches. The next time you play it, it plays locally. There isnt a way to do it for playlists yet, but for your 50 tracks, you have an option to store all songs on device. That will cache your 50 without having to listen to them.
    cezley and quik4life like this.
    11-03-11 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD