Raised edges render your Trackpad and Touch-Screen useless/hard to use.

I wasted money on a case for my 9000 when I got it and replaced it for that very reason. I got a Seideo Surface that worked great but it looks like its now two pieces and does have the raised edges.

Karen got an Incipio Feather in pink and it made her 9810 useless. I have a Blackberry 98XX Hard Shell on the way for her phone as well. Hopefully some of you guys can read this and avoid the mistakes we made. I did take a dremel and bring the lip down on the Incipio Feather so it was level with the trackpad for her 9810, it works just fine now, after hacking it up. She says its fine but I ordered the Blackberry unit anyway.

One thing I dont get about Otterbox, the quickest way for the average person to kill a phone is water in the keypad and the Commuter doesn't cover the keypad, it will survive an earthquake but the first time you get some rain your phone is just as vulnerable as the next.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 01:16 PM
    Some cases sit lower below the trackpad so it doesn't really interfere. Also the commuter series never really covers the keypad. It's still a crappy case for other reasons though.
    10-24-11 01:24 PM
    I've also noted that several cases will scratch the bezel below the keyboard because of the slider mechanism. Just one thing to cosider.
    10-24-11 01:42 PM
    agf grt avoids both of those issues, just fyi (it snaps on to it's own rails, not the bezel)
    10-24-11 01:42 PM
    I like the idea of the AGF using it's own sliding mechanism but it looks like it still suffers the raised edge at the bottom that interfears with the Trackpad. I was lookin at that one real close when I was picking one out for my Wife.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 02:29 PM
    It doesn't really interfere with the trackpad as much as other cases, maybe a tiny bit (less so than other cases). However, occasionally you will hit the bottom of the top piece when using the top row of the keyboard. But you could also fix that quite easily by sanding it down.

(ps. this is why manufacturers shy away from slider cases. It's 10x harder to make a good slider case)
    Last edited by papped; 10-24-11 at 02:34 PM.
    10-24-11 02:31 PM
    I've tried the Agf grt didnt care for the way it effected the top row of the keyboard and added too much bulk. Otterbox commuter- By far the worse case I've tried on the torch. Screen wobble and the thing is just ugly lol. Casemate barely there Hard to get off and it also caused alot of play on the touchscreen. I highly recommend the oem case by rim Zero screen wobble,doesnt interfere with the top keys or the trackpad. Very happy with the case.
    10-24-11 02:57 PM
    Only problem is they don't carry it in white!
    10-24-11 04:13 PM
    Right I put it on my wifes and it doesnt look all that bad. Really want rim to come out with a white one though. Fits so much better than the others.
    10-24-11 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD