All of a sudden (I have had my phone just under two months) my phone will not charge using the USB cable. I can plug it in and it will recognize it for two seconds then the charging icon will go away! I tried a battery pull and same thing. Is it the phone or the USB or what? Please advise!
    Thanks

I tried another USB that I have and same thing----is it my phone?
    09-26-08 02:28 PM
    When you charge it using the wall plug charger, does it do the same thing?

Have you tried reloading the BB's USB software drivers?

Is the USB plug you are using on the computer, one you have used before or a different one? I noticed on my laptop, that two of the four USB ports will not power some items, and will others, so it may be the ports, so try a different one.

If the wall charger doesn't work well either, it could be the port on the phone itself (loose, solder break on the phone's mother board). Replacing the phone should fix that.
    09-26-08 02:43 PM
    The USB "port" seems to be a mechanical achilles heel.
    09-26-08 03:05 PM
    Have you reciently installed a device OS package?

For reasons that are only known to the geeks at BlackBerry, the USB drivers are often corrupted after an OS install on the 8330 Curve.

The solution is simple, reinstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager. That will correct the USB problem and everything should return to normal.
    09-26-08 03:32 PM
    I agree with BLKBear...Also it could be a problem with your computers USB outlet. Is the USB outlet apart of your motherboard or is it a hub?

If its a hub does it have its own power supply or is it connected to your pc with just a USB cable?

The reason why I ask is that if the USB hub is not self powered it could be that the hub doesn't have enough power to charge your phone.

The reason why it might have worked before and not now is because you might have added other peripherals to the hub and now they are taking up more juice.

Just a thought.
    09-26-08 03:43 PM
    After reading many threads about port charging problems, I bought a charging pod and use the travel cord wall plug. It works great and only cost $18 delivered from Amazon. It drasticaly reduces wear and tear on my BlackBerry's USB port.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 03:47 PM
    I like exelant's idea on the charging pod and right now you can go to a TMobile store and pick up the silver OEM model for $6. Heck grab a few. I did

09-26-08 03:55 PM
    I like exelant's idea on the charging pod and right now you can go to a TMobile store and pick up the silver OEM model for $6. Heck grab a few. I did

I have two on the way to me. They were not in my area but a wonderful CB sent me two from his area THANKS THOMAS!!!

Will try all the ideas later~!
    09-26-08 04:04 PM

Damn it!, These are the times i wish I lived in the states!
    09-26-08 04:06 PM
    Look inside of the charging bay. I bet one of the gold bars are broken/missing. If that's the case, call your carrier and tell them the phone is not accepting the charge (don't mention the broken bars) and they'll expedite u a new bb.

09-26-08 08:02 PM
    $6!! D*mn, I've got to pay more attention, lol. I coulda gotten 3.

09-27-08 02:01 AM
    I've never had a USB port go bad. You just know its this shakey phone doing it. I had the same issue only I noticed it during the install of a new OS. Constant connect/disconnect sounds flying out of my speakers. I was very WTF'd.

09-27-08 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD