Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up on the charging pod for the storm. I just received it yesterday and I'm really impressed!

I wasn't expecting this much quality, and I understand now why it's been so expensive at a lot of places. I got mine for 18 bucks on Amazon.com though! The design and weight is solid and sleek; it seems like the build quality is top notch. The bottom surface is rubber for grip on the table/surface and there is a small long LED on the top, I'm guessing either to let you know it's plugged in or so you can find it in the dark.

I was initially worried about what the fit was going to be like. I didn't want it to be too snug so that it put scratches on the finish of my storm, but too loose would feel cheesy. As it turns out, the storm slides in effortlessly (it really "sits" more than "slides") yet firmly and I'm quite pleased.
    01-29-09 09:06 AM
    Link? Don't know which one you're talking about :P
    01-29-09 09:17 AM
    I assume this:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=VHiFrCR6

From NPeffer description, it's similar.
    01-29-09 09:32 AM
    Well if you are talking about the standard Verizon cradle, it was worth all 2495 pennys for me.
    01-29-09 09:37 AM
    This was the first thing I purchased for my Storm and I love it as well! I was worried the mini USB part at the bottom of the cradle was going to be loose and wiggle like many of my older desktop chargers did back in the day...however this cradle is built very well and the Storm fits in very snuggly. You don't have to force it in or pry it out. It is a great addition to the whole digi clock/bedside mode feature!

Only issue is it wont fit in there with my silicone skin...
    01-29-09 09:50 AM
    I love it. Bought two the day after I received my Storm. One at the office and one at home.
    01-29-09 09:58 AM
    The only issue I really have with it is the LED light in the back. It would be nice if there was an option to turn that off. If you are using it as a nightstand the LED give off more light than the clock on the phone when in bedside mode. I would prefer not to have that extra light at night.

Users should also know that the unit does not come with its own power supply, which would have been really nice.
    01-29-09 09:59 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=VHiFrCR6

Yes, it is this one, I'm just repeating the link. I didn't realize there was more than one.
    01-29-09 10:14 AM
    Can you put your storm in it with the silicone case? Or do you have to remove it? I have been thinking of buying a couple of these (one for work and one for home) but haven't pulled the trigger because I don't want to take the case off every time i want to use the cradle.
    01-29-09 10:20 AM
    Has anyone got a full invisibleshield on their storm and use the pod successfully?
    01-29-09 10:21 AM
    Can you put your storm in it with the silicone case? Or do you have to remove it? I have been thinking of buying a couple of these (one for work and one for home) but haven't pulled the trigger because I don't want to take the case off every time i want to use the cradle.
    See post #5

However...when I do take my skin off...I just lay it over the LED in the back and it takes care of the issue that Andrew is speaking of.
    01-29-09 10:38 AM
    See post #5

However...when I do take my skin off...I just lay it over the LED in the back and it takes care of the issue that Andrew is speaking of.
    Oh, Duh! I even read your post before I posted, guess I didn't see the last line.
    01-29-09 10:55 AM
    Has anyone got a full invisibleshield on their storm and use the pod successfully?
    Yes, I have the full shield on mine, and it still fits in the pod nicely. Mine is from bestskinsever, but it is a full invisible shield.

I've got 3 pods

one for office, one for home office, and one for bedroom
    01-29-09 11:46 AM
    Got two the second day I owned the Storm. Both work flawlessly, and they can't really scratch it anyway the way it goes in/out.

Got one at home, one at office. Great product, nice and simple.
    01-29-09 02:10 PM
    yep... I love mine as well. Thats funny.. I use my silicone case to block out the led while i'm sleeping too!
    01-29-09 02:31 PM
    Thanks, good reviews are good to hear! I need to get one, used my Storm as my travel alarm clock right after I got it and only accessory I had at the time was silicone case, so I kind of propped it up on nightstand. That didn't work so well, ended up sliding it under my pillow.
    01-29-09 02:52 PM
    Have a question:
    Is there a fundamental difference between the cradle for the 9500 and the 9530? At Amazon, for instance, cradle labeled for '9500 series Storm' is less expensive that the one labeled for 9530. Any reason I can't use a '9500 series' cradle on my 9530? Is there something in the phone hardware design that cradles have to be model # specific?
    01-29-09 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD