Just curious if the Bold charges any faster or slower using the charging pod versus plugging a USB cord directly into the side.

In addition, does it charge any faster using dc from a car charger versus ac from the wall? I understand that it charges more slowly from your computer's USB port than the other options.
    07-26-09 09:55 PM
    The charging pod is much faster than a USB cable.
    07-26-09 10:30 PM
    The charging pod is much faster than a USB cable.
    I agree.

Definitely faster.
    07-26-09 10:34 PM
    Faster. At least it seems it.
    07-26-09 10:36 PM
    Faster. At least it seems it.
    hahah..true..maybe it's a placebo effect.
    07-26-09 10:37 PM
    I honestly think it may be simply because whenever I am in my room I just drop it in the pod -- whereas when I didn't have the charging pod I would only plug it in at night. It seemed futile plugging it in just for a 15 minute charge but dropping it in is so damn easy, why not?
    07-26-09 10:40 PM
    Using the charging pod also saves the wear and tear on the USB port on the Bold.
    07-26-09 10:51 PM
    Using the charging pod also saves the wear and tear on the USB port on the Bold.
    That is another reason why I bought a charging pod. I do not want to damage the USB ports on my BB or on my PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 10:53 PM
    Yeah, I know it saves the usb port, etc.

I was just wondering if there is empirical evidence to confirm which one is faster. Or maybe just technical specs or something. You know, the two contacts at the bottom versus the female port.
    07-26-09 11:10 PM
    RIM's official site does not give technical specs. BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail
    07-26-09 11:32 PM
    Answered before-
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/cha...2/#post2174714

I don't have the RIM auto adapter to test the charge rate.
    07-26-09 11:54 PM
    I have noticed a difference between using the charing pod and just the normal supplied wall charger. For the 2 months I didnt have the charing pod and that time it would take around 3 hours to charge the bold from a fully depleted battery. Now it takes much less time some where around 2 to 2.5 hours to charge the same amount. At first I though it was just me or just in my head but now I see others peporting the same.
    07-27-09 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD