So how can they get away with saying it will charge and sync to your computer?? I think I saw if on floomy???
    07-25-10 12:01 PM
    For those of you who use it to save the usb port

Have you really ever worn out a usb port on anything?

I love my pod.. It sits next to my bed and since I use my phone as my alarm clock, it's nice to be able to easily look over and see the time on my phone in the morning (or the middle of the night).. Also super easy just to drop my phone in and it starts charging without fumbling with cords.
    07-25-10 12:14 PM
    For those of you who use it to save the usb port

Have you really ever worn out a usb port on anything?

I
    Yes, before a got the charging pod, My USB port would be shot by the time the phone ran its course in its lifetime, very loose , hard to keep the cable plugged in, ect...

I now been using a charging pod for the last 3 years now with my Blackberrys and never have to worry about wearing down my charging port ever again!
    07-25-10 12:17 PM
    I find the charger extremely useful. I have it by my bed and use my BB as an alarm clock.
    07-25-10 12:19 PM
    Ordered a pod off amazon and also a cable. Whole order less than 5 bucks, the standard shipping was more than the items. I don't see how some sites can get 29.95 when amazon is 3 bucks and change. I hope it's all the same. Had the BB logo on it in the pic at least.
    I needed a 2nd charger for my home office so this should be perfect.
    Those who use it on their nite table for the clock feature, doesn't it stay lit all nite? That would bug me. plus any chance for screen burn in?
    If this works out and seeing how cheap they are I may get one for the bedstand also, but will leave the screen dark. A space bar tap would bring the clock up. I need it to be dark for sleeping. Not sure, but I thought the "bedside mode" feature was default brightness setting.
    07-25-10 12:36 PM
    you might want to check to see if it includes the charger
    The ones I purchased from Amazon for $4 didn't include the charger. I plug the charger that came with my phone into it. I also purchased a spare charging pod for my office. I grabbed an extra charger for it on Amazon as well. Got it for about $3.

I agree with everyone in regards to convenience. No more fumbling with the cable at night. It has a light on it to help you place your phone on in it at night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-10 12:44 PM
    Anyone see or use this one:

Blackberry
    Bold 9650 & Tour 9630 3-in-1 Desktop Cradle
    Charger & Sync

07-25-10 12:48 PM
    I think the powermat charging port is much better its like the palm charging system
    07-25-10 11:45 PM
    I just got my charging pod in today. Sucks that i have to remove the skin before I charge it. Or is there a way around it?
    07-28-10 03:47 PM
    I just got my charging pod in today. Sucks that i have to remove the skin before I charge it. Or is there a way around it?
    Not that I'm aware of. The metal contacts on the lower portion of the battery door has to be in contact with the metal contacts on the pod. This is not possible with a skin installed.

07-28-10 04:05 PM
    Never saw the point in a dock, until I got a review unit. I have no purchased a dock for all my other devices. They are just convenient.. and its nice to have your device standing up while it is on your night stand/desk instead of laying flat
    07-28-10 04:25 PM
    But why does Seidio sell skins that have holes in the back?
    07-28-10 06:06 PM
    For me its nice when it goes into bedside mode and turns into a clock.

07-28-10 06:08 PM
    But why does Seidio sell skins that have holes in the back?
    I thought you were referring to skins made by other manufacturers. I'm not sure about the Seidio skins. I haven't read up on them.

07-28-10 06:36 PM
    Well I bought the wrong charing pod. I have to get a Seidio pod for the skin to work.
    07-28-10 06:40 PM
    My BB replaces my clock at night and the pod stands the BB up for bedside mode. Charges while I sleep and has a great clock to look at when I can't sleep.
    07-28-10 06:55 PM
    Anyone see or use this one:

Blackberry
    Bold 9650 & Tour 9630 3-in-1 Desktop Cradle
    Charger & Sync

Charge your Blackberry Tour, Spare Battery, & Sync w/ Desktop Cradle Charger Dock

The fact that it has spare battery charger built in too is great no?
    07-29-10 09:01 AM
    I got a charging pod a few days ago and love it. It is so much easier to just set it in the pod than fumble with the usb. It seems to charge at least twice as fast as usb method also. This is my main charger now, don't need the other one at all. Amazon for $4 + $2 for the cable. The standard shipping was more. First time I had one like this . These are great. Just my .02
    08-02-10 07:10 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD