Hey I got one of them wall chargers for the ipod. Would it charge my curve if I plugged in my curve usb cord without frying my curve?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 08:49 PM
    Not sure, where is your BB charger?

09-05-09 08:50 PM
    I wouldn't do it, you don't have your BB charger or at least your USB charger which you can plug into your computer? If you lost it, then buying another one wouldn't be a bad idea...I would be hesitant to use an iPod charger to charge your BB...that's just my opinion...
    09-05-09 09:05 PM
    I've done it works fine.

09-05-09 09:08 PM
    USB is standardized. The voltage is the same. It'll be fine.
    09-05-09 09:09 PM
    people have actually tried this?? Wow i wouldnt risk it
    09-05-09 11:14 PM
    USB is USB is USB. i cant see any issue with it. i use a non blackberry car charger for my 8900 and a motorola wall charger for it at home. not to mention sometimes i charge it through my computer using the data cable. you should be fine.
    09-05-09 11:29 PM
    USB power output is the same, no matter the device.
    09-06-09 01:10 PM
    My blackberry charger died, and that is exactly what I have been doing. At work, I have a Motorola charger that I use that I've been usng for months now. As everyone said, USB is USB.

09-06-09 01:25 PM
    I agree that the wires in each different charger is configured the same. However I don't agree that they function the same. I'm sure the voltage in each devise is different. This would only change the charging time. My car charger is much faster than my A/C charger. The car charger has a higher voltage and appears to charge faster. Although the full charge it makes lasts much less then the A/C.
    Some phones can sense the voltage difference. I plugged a Moto Razr into my BB charger and an error message popped up on the screen. It indicated that I wasn't using a Motorola charger.

09-06-09 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD