I was thinking of getting a cradle pod and wondering if there is anyway to have it switch to a different sound profile when the phone is docked. I prefer to use the "Phone Calls Only" profile at night so e-mails and text messages don't wake me up and it would be amazing if I could set it up so docking the phone could automatically switch to that profile. Is this possible?

Also, when the phone is in the cradle, does the OS just recognize it as just being plugged into the wall or is there a special cradle charging state like when its holstered? Is it possible to mod the cradle to put the phone in holster mode?
    12-25-08 12:13 AM
    nope theres no special cradle feature the phone recognizes. i just received the cradle dock for an early xmas present and it just keeps the phone in landscape is all. its very neat and sleek looking i must add. you can use bedside mode when it is in the dock to act like an alarm clock. and i believe you can set it to phone calls only any a few options, like disable the LED, dim, etc. its in the clock options

edit: when the phone is in the dock, it acts as if its being charged through hte wall or a USB (cause it is) and will enter the clock application IF you have that option turned on for it to enter the clock on plug-in.

hope that helps
    12-25-08 12:29 AM
    that helps. thanks!
    12-25-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD