I am embarrassed to admit this but I cannot remember how to change the ring tone for my voice mail notification. i did a quick search and didn't see anything.
    Thank you in advance.
    DA
    07-10-08 10:15 AM
    Go to Profiles > Advanced

Customize to your liking by highlighting a profile then hitting Menu > Edit
    07-10-08 10:17 AM
    i dont think the voice mail ring can be changed....unless im missing something
    07-10-08 10:26 AM
    This is just one of the notification / message tones... it cannot be set to its own, unique, specific ring!
    07-10-08 10:27 AM
    I go to the profile are where everything is listed, Browser, Calendar, level 1 messages, Messages (desktop), etc...but I see nothing for voice mail. could I be losing my mind???? I have set this up before.
    07-10-08 10:39 AM
    Go to Profiles, scroll down to Advance, hit the Menu key, scroll down to Edit, scroll down to SMS Text, change Out of Holster and/or In Holster Ring Tone to whatever you want. That's It.
    08-28-08 10:25 AM
    I go to the profile are where everything is listed, Browser, Calendar, level 1 messages, Messages (desktop), etc...but I see nothing for voice mail. could I be losing my mind???? I have set this up before.
    That's because voice mail tones are the same as SMS Text tones.
    08-28-08 10:41 AM
    so it seems there is no way to actually set a different tone only for VM? That BITES
    04-15-09 11:48 PM
    that sucks.. I was hoping to change mine as well
    04-20-09 07:38 PM
    so it seems there is no way to actually set a different tone only for VM? That BITES
    you can change the VM ringtone:
    go to profiles/advanced
    select a profile (the VM ringtone is different for each profile)
    loud
    vibrate
    quiet
    normal
    phone only
    off
    go to sms text and change ringer for VM
    08-04-09 03:08 PM
    In my sound options I do not see the ADVANCED option in order to change my ringer. Also my SMS is set but still plays a song set for a individual profile. How do I change this? Thanks... Newbee out lol
    08-29-09 02:43 PM
    Has anyone found out a way to set a specific ringer for Voice mail only? I am having the same problem on my Tour
    09-06-09 08:26 AM
    In my sound options I do not see the ADVANCED option in order to change my ringer. Also my SMS is set but still plays a song set for a individual profile. How do I change this? Thanks... Newbee out lol
    I have the same problem. Can anyone suggest a quick fix to this issue?
    09-06-09 09:24 AM
    have you tried a hard power cycle?

i had the same issue where my voicemail alert was not coming with the SMS ringtone that it should be coming in as, instead it was coming in as an alert i set up for a contact.

did a hard power reset and tested and it worked
    09-29-09 03:16 PM
    Thank you, gversace...
    I've been trying to figureout how to make my tour stop sending the ringtone for my voice message alert as the ringtone of the last text message that was sent to me.
    I knew it was something simply..I did the hard power reset & now my voice mail alert comes in as my text message ringtone...you are a brain saver...
    10-24-09 03:47 PM
    theres is no way u can change the voicemail notafication on the BB devices i have a 8330 and i worked with tours also and THERE NOT A WAY sorry guys
    11-30-09 02:59 PM
    I'm using an 8350i. Here is how I changed my VM notification to play MP3 songs. Go to profiles and select advanced. Press the Blackberry key next to the trackball, scroll up and select new profile. A list will appear, scroll down and select SMS Text. In this menu you will see ring tone for "out of holster" and "in holster". On the 8350i out of holster is listed first. Scroll down to the ring tone and select the tune that is listed, a list will appear, scroll to the top of the list and look for and select "Browse", another menu will appear, select Blackberry, from this menu, you can select MP3 music that has been loaded on the Blackberry. Use the same procedure for the "in holster" ring tone. When finished, press the Blackberry button and select "save", in this menu, scroll to the top and name this menu, then press the Blackberry button and select "save" hit the back button and your new VM notification should be active. If you go back to profiles, you will see your custom setting. This method may or may not work on older models, give it a shot.
    01-31-10 07:47 PM
    Has anyone tried going to voicemail in their contacts list and setting a custom ringtone the same as if a particular person was calling them.
    02-25-10 12:00 PM
    yes I was just going to say to do that. just open your contacts list and assign from there - it works fine - that's how I do it. -
    Last edited by T41; 03-25-10 at 05:03 PM. Reason: din't read post above
    03-25-10 05:01 PM
    Ok, so whats a hard power reset? I've turned off the phone and started it again, it didn't work. I've also turned off the phone and then pulled the battery out for about 10 minutes. That didn't work either. Help!!
    04-26-10 09:26 PM
    My VM ringtone is the same as my custom SMS tone for when my girlfriend sends me a text. I have the 9700. Still lookin' for ideas on how to change this.
    06-06-10 10:49 PM
    My VM ringtone is the same as my custom SMS tone for when my girlfriend sends me a text. I have the 9700. Still lookin' for ideas on how to change this.
    WHat a POS, I thought I had done something wrong, lol.. same crap.. I had changed the sms and mms ring tones to "exuse me boss, you have a text message", but obviously now it sks b/c I don't want that to my voice mails.. I am going to try the option listed 1-2 messages above
    07-10-10 06:43 PM
    yes I was just going to say to do that. just open your contacts list and assign from there - it works fine - that's how I do it. -
    I just tried that with about ten contacts... we'll see if it works for me.. I have far too many contacts to change it on every one individually, lol
    07-10-10 07:14 PM
    i did a master reset and still nothing. I also changed my sms tone and nothing. I am so aggrivated. does the new software 5.0 not support it?
    10-12-10 06:14 PM
    have you tried a hard power cycle?

i had the same issue where my voicemail alert was not coming with the SMS ringtone that it should be coming in as, instead it was coming in as an alert i set up for a contact.

did a hard power reset and tested and it worked

What is hard power rest? I have Torch 9810 and my voice mail will
    Change to who ever sends me a text message last. I have
    Ring tones set to different contacts.
    03-20-12 01:53 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD