Hey All,

I'm considering purchasing the 2600 extended battery from Sedieo in which I have heard all good things about. The problem that I'm running into is what cases/holsters/skins work with the extended back plate? Does it fit in the OEM pouch? If someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

My bad, I have a Sprint 8330.

Thank you,
    DerekJD

P.S. are there any other manufacturers that make extended batteries for a cheaper price but same quality?
    Last edited by derekjd; 09-22-08 at 10:35 AM.
    09-22-08 09:44 AM
    same here
    i'm thinking of getting this battery too, and now i'm using my 8320 with the skin like this one

can i still use the skin cover? because i'm LOVING that skin
    09-22-08 06:29 PM
    There is a Seidio extended battery hard case/holster combo. I have one. It's a bit pricey and the top left corner did not snap shut on the case. I contacted the seller and they are going to ship me a new one when they get this one back. I will just have to wait to see if the new one is any better.
    10-03-08 05:24 PM
    I have the Seidio hard case and holster. It is by far my favorite case I have ever used.
    10-03-08 05:31 PM
    It's unclear if this battery and back cover will work with the orginal rim/bb leather pouch. I wish somebody who has this bttery would test it out for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-08 06:53 PM
    It's unclear if this battery and back cover will work with the orginal rim/bb leather pouch. I wish somebody who has this bttery would test it out for us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    okay.. heres your answer.
    i just got the 2600 friday, and upon charging it up beyond the instructions recommended 8 hours (i charged it for 12). i went to work with it, and a friend of mine has a curve and carries his in the Blackberry leather pouch with a flap.

it does fit, snug, but fits, and the case does put the phone in standby. i had to be carefull holstering the phone, if you dont prop the case open just a tad with a finger and push down on the top of the bulge on the new raised battery door, it has a tendency to unlatch the battery door.

i'm going to be going by the AT&T store tomorrow and pick one up for myself (i'm with sprint, but i have to go to AT&T because sprint stores dont stock the leather BB cases lol).

as for the battery, i was expecting to get about 2 days use out of it, but because i work in an old steel and concreate building i brought the battery down to half charge! i was unimpressed.
    i shut off GPS, and am charging it up tonight, going to see how it does tomorrow at work.

cheers
    10-04-08 11:55 PM
    just a little follow up. i made it to the AT&T store today and grabbed the leather blackberry holster with the elastic sides.

my friends that i mentioned trying in my previous post was well worn as he had it for a few months. with the new one its a bit tighter. but after a day of holstering it and unholstering it its already loosened up nicely. at the begining of the day it would activate my calculator (the right convenience button on my curve). but now its settled down.

also, having much better luck with my 2600 battery today. used it all day and its barely an 1/8th of a charge down. i had to disable roaming, and for safe measure i disabled GPS as well (dont really need GPS unless i'm using maps anyway).

cheers
    10-06-08 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD