Hello Everyone!

I've been a Blackberry user for about a year now. I bought a Bold a year ago and loved it tremendously. Yes, I did say "loved". It met an untimely death a few days ago when it decided to leap from my hand and dive onto the concrete steps of a parking structure. Had that been its only its only feat it probably would have survived but, no, it just had to slide off the flight I was on and bounce off several other flights finally coming to rest several flights below me. I took my deceased Bold to Best Buy today only to find out that they did not have any Bolds left to replace it with. So, I am now the proud owner of a Torch.

I had an Otter case for my Bold and had I had it on the Bold when it took its fateful leap it may have survived. Sadly, I did not. Not wanting to repeat this episode, is there a good case available for the Torch? Does the sliding function of the Torch present a problem in finding a suitable case?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
    12-02-10 09:01 PM
    The slider does present a bit of a problem when it comes to finding a solid case, unfortunately. Personally, I have the Otterbox and the AGF GRT case. I much prefer the AGF. The case has its own built-in glide rail that keeps the faceplate and back piece connected and solid. It's a little harder to slide out the keyboard, and the USB port is a little hard to use with the OEM cord though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 09:12 PM
    $3.50 hard shell case is still one of the best imo.
    HARD RUBBER CASE COVER FOR BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800 NEW - eBay (item 270649347638 end time Dec-13-10 00:48:46 PST)

There's a couple different colors, purple, blue, red.
    dalej88 likes this.
    12-02-10 09:18 PM
    Seidio Innocase. Looks almost identical to that one on ebay though ^
    12-02-10 09:53 PM
    Yeah I have an otter box case for my torch and it broke in the first week just removing the slider part once. Get the AGF case its way more slider friendly. Also the box makes it way too thick and also makes nasty plasticy click noises upon sliding.

12-02-10 10:39 PM
    I like my fortte

12-02-10 11:27 PM
    i love love love my otterbox commuter best case i purchased for my torch
    12-03-10 12:19 AM
    AGF GRT is the best didn't like the feel of the otterbox

12-03-10 12:28 AM
    i love love love my otterbox commuter best case i purchased for my torch
    I have the same one. Great case, but wish it was rubberized in places. Its very smooth. No grip at all. Easy to slide when sitting on surfaces or slip out of your hands.

12-03-10 04:05 AM
    Seidio Innocase. Looks almost identical to that one on ebay though ^
    +1 on the Innocase for my Torch. I used this case and holster combo on my iPhone as well. never see me ever using anything else. The phone fits screen facing inward to the holster. very quick in and out of the Torch from the hip, and the screen is always protected. great non-slip material to hold the phone securely.

Seidio makes high quality, form fitting cases, IMO. not cheap for sure, but I only have to buy them once..

Only problem with the Innocase is that it hides the way cool RED color on my Torch
    12-03-10 06:28 AM
    honest there are dozens of threads out there regarding this... do a simpl search

you'll find the constant issues and cheapness of the otterbox case.

imo get an "AFG" case... best case to protect and not effect the phone by creating problems..
    12-03-10 07:17 AM
    12-03-10 08:02 AM
    Thank you for all the responses. I've decided to go with the AFG case based on the recommendations here and a brief, but informative, internet search.

I apologize for asking a redundant question of the forum members but I'm ill, very ill in fact, and just wanted an informative answer rather than wading through the forum for an answer.

Thanks again!
    12-03-10 08:36 AM
    Thank you for all the responses. I've decided to go with the AFG case based on the recommendations here and a brief, but informative, internet search.

I apologize for asking a redundant question of the forum members but I'm ill, very ill in fact, and just wanted an informative answer rather than wading through the forum for an answer.

Thanks again!
    Hope you get well soon!
    12-03-10 09:17 AM
    Charlibear, thank you for the warm wishes. The good news is that I am slowly getting better. The bad news is that I am S L O W L Y getting better. I had an abscess on my rear end that spread to my groin. I now have four open and deep incisions that have to be packed with gauze three times a day. The doctor intends for these incisions to heal from the inside out which will take months. Fortunately, my boss has been very understanding and accomodating. Sorry about being so graphic but if I can help ANYONE to avoid a similar fate I will. Very painful, very debilitating and very embarrassing.

On a brighter note, my AGF case came today. Very snug fit that I hope will loosen up a bit as time goes on.
    12-07-10 04:27 PM
    Charlibear, thank you for the warm wishes. The good news is that I am slowly getting better. The bad news is that I am S L O W L Y getting better. I had an abscess on my rear end that spread to my groin. I now have four open and deep incisions that have to be packed with gauze three times a day. The doctor intends for these incisions to heal from the inside out which will take months. Fortunately, my boss has been very understanding and accomodating. Sorry about being so graphic but if I can help ANYONE to avoid a similar fate I will. Very painful, very debilitating and very embarrassing.

On a brighter note, my AGF case came today. Very snug fit that I hope will loosen up a bit as time goes on.
    Wow..Sounds serious but glad to hear you are getting better and glad you found a case for your phone.. Hope you have a good holiday!
    12-07-10 11:51 PM
    I like my fortte

I'm with you on fortte. My first smartphone was a Cingular 8525 (HTC Tytn). I got a Fortte vertical case for it that has seen use with every smartphone I've owned, since -- Treo Pro, Tilt2, Torch. And, because of how the case was designed with elastic between the back & front pieces, that's been true for all of those with & without extended batteries. And for the Treo Pro & Torch with & without hard cases. And it still looks new!
    12-08-10 05:38 PM
    I never even knew about the AGF GRT case. I just read reviews and checked it out, I love it. I wish I knew about it before, I just bought Casemate's Barely There. Are the AGF GRT cases sold in stores in Canada?
    12-08-10 08:00 PM
    Just got my Otter Commuter today, fits good, well made-

12-08-10 08:34 PM
    Very nice looking case.

Only thing that stopped me from buying this one is all the complaints about the front popping off to easily and the way it clips to the phone and not itself like the AGF case.
    12-08-10 08:47 PM
    To me, if you install it properly, I dont see how it can pop off, unless you drop it or bump it. Mine fits securely and doesnt inhibit the slide function at all.
    12-09-10 06:15 AM
    With the AGF GRT case will this still fit in holster?
    12-09-10 09:15 AM
    The newly launched Endo case from AGF comes with its own clip-on holster. Just waiting on another thread to get first impressions from someone who has ordered!
    BlackBerry Torch Endo GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF
    12-09-10 09:47 AM
    To me, if you install it properly, I dont see how it can pop off, unless you drop it or bump it. Mine fits securely and doesnt inhibit the slide function at all.
    If you drop it, I think that's when the case should do it's job and stay on. Just saying...
    12-09-10 10:01 AM
    Just got my Otter Commuter today, fits good, well made-

I've also picked up a Commuter case also. Gotta say though I like the color contrast of black and red.
    12-09-10 03:41 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD