Hi, I just got a Storm 2 yesterday, and before that I had a tour that bricked itself after a few weeks and ticked me off.

What I'm trying to find out is if there's anything unique about the Storm 2 form factor, or can I buy screen protectors and cases that were designed for the Storm 1 and they'll work fine?

Sorry for what seems such a stupid question, but I did a search on the forums (probably incorrectly) and nothing came up.

Thanks,

Joe
    10-29-09 04:32 PM
    Nope. Anything form fitting isn't going to work. My three week old otterbox is now worthless
    10-29-09 04:40 PM
    Yup my Seidio does not fit.
    10-29-09 05:31 PM
    In this case can anyone recommend a screen protector and case product? They can be two separate products, but I'm rough on my phone and would like to extend it's life a tad?

I think I'm screwed and just going to have to go to the Verizon store for some accessories since a week from now I expect the screen would be scratched from being carried in my pocket. LOL Hopefully they sell some screen protectors there.

Thanks again for any help or advice,

Joe
    10-29-09 05:35 PM
    In this case can anyone recommend a screen protector and case product? They can be two separate products, but I'm rough on my phone and would like to extend it's life a tad?

I think I'm screwed and just going to have to go to the Verizon store for some accessories since a week from now I expect the screen would be scratched from being carried in my pocket. LOL Hopefully they sell some screen protectors there.

Thanks again for any help or advice,

Joe

Oh they sell them...I just went up the road to Wally world and saved a few dollars though. Remember....this is Verizon....WAY overpriced for a piece of adhesive plastic.

Walmart has some (close to the mp3 players here) that are thick rigid plastic and seemed to work well. If the screen survived in my pocket through an average work week, then that's a testament.

I have one of those one now, but I'm waiting on the Otterbox for the S2.
    10-29-09 06:12 PM
    Nice, I'll go check Wal-Mart. Was there a specific size/brand that worked well for your Storm 2?

Thanks for the help!
    10-29-09 06:15 PM
    Ive got this case originally for a curve and it worked great on my 9530 ...

Now it works even better on my 9550

Last edited by zeiroe; 10-29-09 at 06:27 PM.
    10-29-09 06:17 PM
    Yup my leather blackberry Storm case fits the S2 quite well. Rubber skins also work pretty well.
    10-29-09 06:20 PM
    I just went and stole my wife's Tour case guys. GREAT idea! I also found some old Palm Pilot Fellow's WriteRight Screen Protectors that I bastardized as a temporary solution till I get a form fitting Otterbox case (I hope. I really like Otterbox a lot).

Though I recall some Otterbox Storm 1 guys reporting that the case made it more difficult to interact with the touch screen at the edges. So who knows, regardless this buys me some time and rescues my Storm2 from my evil pockets of distruction. Even though I don't carry pockets full of sharp metal objects, you'd never know it from how things emerge. I'm thinking it's Pocket Gremlins, damn them!

Thanks again for the great ideas and solutions!
    10-29-09 06:35 PM
    Hi, I just got a Storm 2 yesterday, and before that I had a tour that bricked itself after a few weeks and ticked me off.

What I'm trying to find out is if there's anything unique about the Storm 2 form factor, or can I buy screen protectors and cases that were designed for the Storm 1 and they'll work fine?

Sorry for what seems such a stupid question, but I did a search on the forums (probably incorrectly) and nothing came up.

Thanks,

Joe
    My BB Leather case works fine. Obviously the screen area is bigger now that the "buttons"are part of the screen so screen protectors will be too short. Charging/sync dock is too short so a new one will be required.
    10-29-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD