Ok, so i cannot wait for a while longer until some cases come out for the Bold!

So the question is, does anyone with a Bold know if it will fit cases that are made for the 8800 range?

The size is technically just 1mm out in depth but i need to know more definitely before i go and order one from the USA!

Thanks guys
    09-22-08 09:48 AM
    I have squeeeeeezed my bold into my old curve case, yes it fits but it's VERY tight.

I just bought the bold Krussel case on Ebay, HATE it worst case I have EVER seen, lot of people on here love it though.

I am presuming your in the UK?? Bold accessories over here from 29th Sept so might be worth hanging on

Hope this helps
    09-22-08 09:53 AM
    09-22-08 09:53 AM
    I do like the slim case they do, similar to the one Bold comes with. Just tried to buy it then realised shipping is 32 dollars on top of the 30 dollars purchase price and no UK distributors!
    09-22-08 10:14 AM
    Yeah those cases are really nice I like the slim one too. Just the shiopping price as you say.

I kinda prefer the RIM cases too so the phone knows when its holstered.

Think I will stick with the one it came with for now
    09-22-08 10:25 AM
    Well sena.com do a nice range of ultra-slim pouches for the 8800........

But will they fit?
    09-22-08 11:04 AM
    Ok, so i cannot wait for a while longer until some cases come out for the Bold!

So the question is, does anyone with a Bold know if it will fit cases that are made for the 8800 range?

The size is technically just 1mm out in depth but i need to know more definitely before i go and order one from the USA!

Thanks guys
    I presume that you haven't actually got a Bold yet, as they do actually come with a reasonable case included in the box, which should at least tide you over until bespoke ones become more readily available in the UK (which is where I presume you are!).

Keep an eye on sites such as Play.com and mobilefun.co.uk.
    09-22-08 11:07 AM
    I do have a Bold - FOC evaluation model from RIM. Oh yes.

But the case is just black and boring, and I want something a little more stylish. Something like a proporta or Sena case. But neither do for Bold yet, only 8800.

Only play.com give availability date as 29th (monday) but i trust play's dates as far as i can throw an elephant after seeing them put back on so many things in the past.
    09-22-08 11:18 AM
    Hi all,

Well i have been using my PDAir case now for a few weeks and it has met my expectations of what is now my case maker of choice. I have the flip top version but it also comes in a book style and a all over cover version and can be easily found on E-Bay. PDAir use a good quality leather with a white over stitch round the sides and are much better build and quality then my previous case of choice Krussel IMO. Also they sell a car mount that you can continue using with your next device as long as you stick to a PDAir case which is why i do as the case is what attaches to the Mount not the phone. PDAir cases can be found on E-Bay from good sellers and are not expensive for what you get.

Although i have already bought a desktop stand which works well i have just bought a BB Desktop charge Pod cradle and a Black skin from a US seller as although it will take up to 14 days it is a lot cheaper than UK sellers want for the same items and they are BB originals not some cheap knock offs either again E-Bay is your friend and you can find sellers with large positive feedback so am confident they will be as advertised OEM.

Marc
    09-22-08 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD