Did anyone buy case from Bestbuy? Can you tell me which one you bought bc the reason i got a gift card for bestbuy and i want to buy a case.
    01-17-09 01:34 PM
    I also once had a gift card for bestbuy that was about to expire, and I bought some $20 case for my storm. It's a face-in holster with belt clip. No real complaints with it, aside from the fact that the swivel clip takes a considerable amount of force to move. It has a magnet which puts the display to sleep, so that's good... It has this little u-shaped loop at the one end of the belt clip which causes it to catch on things when you try and take it out. Ultimately a good thing IMO, since it should make a little more difficult for the thing to inadvertently slip off your belt or whatever, or even someone to steal it from you, though cell phone theft is not as big a business as it once was. It's really just a chunk of hard plastic, but what do you expect for $20? It's a good basic holster.

I forget the name off-hand, but pretty sure it started with "X" and it was in a mostly yellow packaging.
    01-17-09 02:10 PM
    I also have the $20 "face-in" holster from Best Buy. To be honest, I LOVE it! I can't believe how nice it is... and for only $20. I've had a lot of BB holsters over the years, and I highly, highly recommend the one from Best Buy.
    01-17-09 03:22 PM
    The holster from Best Buy has been a great asset for me. When you put the Storm in it, facing inwards, it puts it to sleep saving battery life. I dropped it while it was in the case, and it saved the screen because it was facing inwards in the holster. Thank goodness! I highly recommend the holster at Best Buy.
    01-17-09 04:20 PM
    I also have the $20 "face-in" holster from Best Buy. To be honest, I LOVE it! I can't believe how nice it is... and for only $20. I've had a lot of BB holsters over the years, and I highly, highly recommend the one from Best Buy.
    I too bought this, usually went with a Seideo face in but since I too had a gift card I figured it was worth a shot and it is 100% good stuff. Easy one hand operation, don't have to worry about it falling out it has lost zero integrity since I bought it and use it every day. I would say go for this one can't beat it for that "impulse" buy with the gift card.
    01-17-09 04:21 PM
    I have the silicone type case and if you keep your storm in your pocket I would not buy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 04:51 PM
    Anyone know where to get a clip that holds the phone facing out with no sleep function? I was going to buy a blue ant but then thought that if the phone was facing out and there was no sleeper then i can clip it to the visor and use it just like the blue ant.
    01-17-09 05:07 PM
    Is this it? BlackBerry - Holster for BlackBerry Storm 9500 Smartphones - 60-2030-01-BB
    Last edited by ylomnstr; 01-17-09 at 07:02 PM. Reason: changed
    01-17-09 07:00 PM
    That definitely looks like what I bought. As others have said, it's a great case for $20. There's probably better if you want to pay more, but this is cheap and functional.
    01-17-09 07:08 PM
    Only thing I would be concerned with is scratching or dulling of the chrome on top where the clip actually clips in. Have you noticed that at all? I actually think the smooth inside of the clip may actually be better to repel dust and stuff. The Seido case has a 'tacky' surface on the inside to prevent scratching, but I can see more lint and stuff getting stuck to that than I would see getting stuck to the inside of this case since it's smooth. I may give it a shot. How does the swivel work? Is it pretty stiff?
    01-17-09 07:16 PM
    Is this it? {snip removed url because I can't even post url's in quotes, how assinine}
    Thats the one I got, and I got it for $9.99, because whoever faced the aisle put the holsters under a $9.99 tag. When it rang up as $19.99 I told the cashier (truthfully) "hey the tag says $9.99", he said, "umm, ok, brb", ran over, came back, said "sure enough, whoever stocked put them under the wrong tag, but its our fault, so you get it for $9.99". Mighty cool of them.
    01-17-09 07:47 PM
    Anyone know where to get a clip that holds the phone facing out with no sleep function? I was going to buy a blue ant but then thought that if the phone was facing out and there was no sleeper then i can clip it to the visor and use it just like the blue ant.
    Here's one I'm considering. I too would like to clip it to my visor like my old Motorola. I'm not 100% positive the phone faces out but it sounds like it. This is the only one I've found.

Amazon.com: Black Optimum Holster Belt Clip for BlackBerry Storm 9530 Thunder 9500: Cell Phones & Service
    01-17-09 09:46 PM
    Only thing I would be concerned with is scratching or dulling of the chrome on top where the clip actually clips in. Have you noticed that at all? I actually think the smooth inside of the clip may actually be better to repel dust and stuff. The Seido case has a 'tacky' surface on the inside to prevent scratching, but I can see more lint and stuff getting stuck to that than I would see getting stuck to the inside of this case since it's smooth. I may give it a shot. How does the swivel work? Is it pretty stiff?
    I got my Storm a little after thanksgiving, and this holster that night. I want to say it was the Friday after thanksgiving, but point is, I've had it for a decent while now and haven't really noticed any dinging of the chrome where it clips on.

And the swivel, IMO, is annoyingly stiff. It will move maybe +/- 5 degrees in one direction or the other, but more than that and it feels almost like you are going to snap the swivel off before it moves. At least on mine.
    01-17-09 11:00 PM
    that's a really nice case...is this the one that puts it to sleep, or is that a different one?
    01-17-09 11:25 PM
    that's a really nice case...is this the one that puts it to sleep, or is that a different one?
    That is the one that puts it to sleep.
    01-17-09 11:29 PM
    sweet...thanks
    01-17-09 11:56 PM
    The brand is Xentris.
    01-18-09 01:59 AM
    Verizon also has one for the same price: Enter your location
    01-18-09 07:42 AM
    I has this holster but returned it because I was scared that I would catch it on something and my phone would fly out. But, that said, it was a solid holster and seemed well built.

01-18-09 07:47 AM
    I have the one from Best Buy everyone is talking about. I only use it at work and I've had zero problems. No scratches on my phone and never once has my phone made an accidental escape from it either.

01-18-09 07:53 AM
    Going a bit sideways here, but I was at BBuy yesterday looking at bluetooth devices and the girl helping was extra chatty, so I asked about cases. Didn't care for the two BB they had (black, and I'm not a black kid of gal). But, something very cool she showed me was the ZAGG Invisible Shield screen protector. The girl had it on her Curve, she took her keys out of her pocket and proceeded to scratch back and forth across the ZAGG shield. I cringed as she did that and she just giggled. Unreal - there was not a mark on it! If I had done that with the cheapie VZ screen protectors I grabbed as a safety measure the day I got my phone, it would have torn it. My fingernails scratch those. She said ZAGG has a lifetime warranty. I didn't grab it because I have several of the cheapies left to use up. But will keep it in mind. So if you don't care for the BBuy cases, but want a treat for your Storm using your gift card, that might be an option.

Oh, and if you do go that route, the girl offered to put the ZAGG on my phone if I bought it, she said they can be tricky. Something to keep in mind...
    01-18-09 09:02 AM
    I also have the Best Buy case works well no complaints at all
    01-18-09 11:10 AM
    I went to Verizon and Best Buy to compared their 2 clips. The Verizon one was so tight that it kept the lock and speakerphone buttons on top depressed. I didn't like that at all. The Best Buy one seems a tad looser, but doesn't depress the buttons at all. Now I need to sell my Verizon sleeve since I won't be using that anymore.
    01-18-09 12:51 PM
    yea i have a ZAGG INVISIBLE SHIELD and it was kinda of a ******* to put on cause i got the full body kit.. its like at least 1 pieces, but i took my time and made sure i was kinda relaxed before i put it on LOL. and i Do love it, more grippy, just as sensitive on the touch screen aspect, but i ALSO have a screen in blet clip i leave on the visor of my truck, and its very very tight to get it in and out now, and i think that over time it may start to peel the zagg off, i use it less and less, but the ZAGG is a great, very tough product
    01-18-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD