If there are parts for the 9800 on Truesupplier, then I'm sure some companies have designed some cases for the device as well. Being that its a sliding device changes alot and I'm not sure how it could be done.

Can we say, no skins will be available for the 9800? How about hardshell cases? Has anyone seen any case designs for other slider type phones?
    07-15-10 11:29 AM
    I can see them coming out with the holster for the 9800, a sleeve might make it slide open when pulling it out. Who knows
    07-15-10 11:35 AM
    Yeah a holster definitely. And one of those belt carrying cases too. A Best Skin Ever would be easy to do, but as far as hardshell cases that protect the the entire device? I just can't see it.

Right now I have the CaseMate Hybrid on my 9630 and is very important for taking my device into the gym.
    07-15-10 12:07 PM
    They will have all kinds of cases. I had a Moment and they even had a silicone case (got it, hated it, it was useless). The problem I have with the snap-on cases is most were too thick and made the already big phone huge and separated the screen from the body too much that it made it loose. It can be done but make sure if you get a snap-on case for the 9800 that it is thin and good quality. I saw this case for the Palm Pre and hope they come out with it for the 9800! *crossed fingers!*

Amzer Hybrid Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Rose Pink For Palm, Palm Pre - Fommy.com
    07-15-10 12:20 PM
    I use the OEM leather pocket for my 9000 now. It works great and, unlike the rubber cases, it's easy to slide in and out of a pocket. I presume RIM will make one available for the 9800.
    07-15-10 01:18 PM
    Couldn't they make a two piece hard case? where when the device is snapped shut, everything is covered. The keyboard area would be exposed though once the device is open.

I agree with jen8112... need a hard case that doesn't add too much bulk
    07-15-10 01:31 PM
    Couldn't they make a two piece hard case? where when the device is snapped shut, everything is covered. The keyboard area would be exposed though once the device is open.

I agree with jen8112... need a hard case that doesn't add too much bulk
    The cases I had for my Moment were two pieces.
    07-15-10 03:00 PM
    I wonder how an Otterbox would look on this phone...
    07-15-10 05:28 PM
    I wonder how an Otterbox would look on this phone...
    it would help fill up your purse.
    Otterboxes have a cool concept, but they are just so friggin huge
    Last edited by ibcnul8ter; 07-16-10 at 06:27 AM.
    07-16-10 06:23 AM
    it would help fill up your purse.
    Otterboxes have a cool concept, but they are just so friggin huge
    Defenders are massive, but the commuter isn't bad at all.
    07-16-10 06:28 AM
    Defenders are massive, but the commuter isn't bad at all.
    i wasn't aware of the commuter. i see otterbox and think $$$$$$$$$, so I don't look for them.
    07-16-10 06:38 AM
    i wasn't aware of the commuter. i see otterbox and think $$$$$$$$$, so I don't look for them.
    Ah yeah. The Commuter is very sleek. I have one for my 9550.

The funny thing is, it's about the same price as the iPhone 4 bumper case.
    07-16-10 07:20 AM
    The cases I had for my Moment were two pieces.
    Did you find there was less protection if it was 2 pieces?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 09:37 AM
    There is a pouch case already listed on TrueSupplier:

100% Brand New Blackberry Slider 9800 Black Leather Pouch case pocket :: 9700/9020 Onyx :: Blackberry :: Leather cases / Pouch :: Cases :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.

Site says it's an OEM type case. A docking cradle is on the as well - based on the picture, it appears it will stand up versus sideways!
    07-16-10 11:22 AM
    Did you find there was less protection if it was 2 pieces?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not really, all the edges and the front and back were covered. The "official" Sprint cases were the worse. They were way too thick and made the screen separate too much so it made the screen wiggle. Slider cases are always worse then candy bar cases. We will have to see if they can come out with a better concept with the 9800. Blackberries on a whole seem to have more cases to choose from so we will see!
    07-16-10 12:34 PM
    Invisible Shield for this berryjunkie. Patiently waiting for this bad boy. Thought I give the iPhone a try. Got a 3Gs on craigslist and gave my 9700 to my wife. Big mistake. She won't give it back. Now I need to use the 3Gs till the 9800 drops.
    07-17-10 07:02 AM
    it would be nice if there could be a slider case to go along with the phone...pouches or other types of full cases is probably all we can use...kinda like palm pre cases.
    07-20-10 04:11 PM
    it would be nice if there could be a slider case to go along with the phone...pouches or other types of full cases is probably all we can use...kinda like palm pre cases.
    Did you not read this thread?
    07-20-10 07:23 PM
    Not to sound/be redundant, I hope Invisible Shield anticipates the release.
    07-20-10 08:22 PM
    I'm hoping that Seidio is one of the "thousands of developers" who has the device. I've used their holster on my Bold 9000 ever since I've bought the phone.

Convenient, secure and works with the BlackBerry magnet system.
    07-21-10 05:55 AM
    Looking at the OEM horizontal and vertical leather holster for the 9630, I'm pretty sure they'll work for the 9800 as well. I would have no problem using it along with invisible skin (or similar) while waiting for a nice hardshell case.

The front and edges of the device look absolutely perfect. I'd say the 9800 is one of those devices you don't want to put in a case because it looks great. For me, I think a major factor in deciding whether or not to purchase a hard case relies on how easily the device can be taken apart. If the housing is easy to replace, then I'll just buy a new one when it becomes too scratched. If it is anything like the 9630, then I'll grab a case.
    07-21-10 10:02 AM
    If there are parts for the 9800 on Truesupplier, then I'm sure some companies have designed some cases for the device as well. Being that its a sliding device changes alot and I'm not sure how it could be done.

Can we say, no skins will be available for the 9800? How about hardshell cases? Has anyone seen any case designs for other slider type phones?
    I had a samsung propel awhile back which is a similar slider as the bb 9800 and it was two pieces. One of course covered the top and the other the back and it slid fine. It was a hard case.
    Edited to add that I think cases will be similar to that and if they aren't already in development, will be very quickly. Maybe just waiting for a definite release date.
    Last edited by lynnpudas; 07-21-10 at 10:23 AM. Reason: I'm a dingbat with no memory skills.
    07-21-10 10:16 AM
    I own a pre along with my BB, my guess is they will do what third party case makers have done for the pre, most everyone uses clear thin cases that are really just glorified screen protectors but they work well, there are other cases but they come in two pieces and most are very thin to not bulk up the phone size. there are also pouches or holsters that people may consider.
    07-22-10 11:25 AM
    After giving it some thought, I'd really like to see protective case like the casemate hybridMix & Match - Customize Your BlackBerry Tour 9630 Hybrid Tough Case With Multiple Colors by Case-mate

I have used this type of case for my 9630 while working out and running. I wouldn't mind that it would keep the slider from opening either because I would just use the touch screen and virtual keyboard if I needed to.
    07-30-10 03:25 PM
    Courtesy of BBLeaks

Last edited by Kawdess; 08-03-10 at 12:37 PM. Reason: fixed link
    08-03-10 12:37 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD