Hello all,
    just got my first blackberry curve 8320.
    love it!
    want to protect it.
    i like the plastic case that covers the screen also. its on javoedge.com.
    has anyone tried it? suppose i drop it (not hard, but a slip out of my hands) will it break? it says it can hardly crack or break...but it is plastic. i'm wondering how durable it is.
    also, if i get the rubberized skin, could i put it on the curve first and then put the plastic case over it?
    or visa versa??? so that the rubberized skin would be on the outside, easier to grip.??? would this work???

if these cases are not good...which do you suggest. i want something durable, but somewhat thin...not to bulky.

thank you so much!
    11-14-07 01:43 AM
    i got the rubber case when i first got my curve, i didnt like it. it was weird to grip the sides and if my phone was in my pocket the lint stuck to the case very easily.

it didnt really help protect against dropping it. but the phone itself is durable because it has had to verrry rough meetings with the pavement haha.
    11-14-07 01:56 AM
    I use the silicone/foam skin when at work/home or driving. When I'm out somewhere I use the pouch that came with the phone.
    11-14-07 02:48 AM
    You may want to check out the crackberry store. They have quite a few carrying options. You may be interested in a case made by SEIDIO(seidio.com). They have a very thin plastic or rubber case that can be used with a holster as well if needed.
    11-14-07 03:23 AM
    I think the hard plastic case from Seidio is quite nice; seems durable...
    11-14-07 07:05 AM
    Seido is one of the best. Not yet dropped my berry however so I don't know for sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-07 07:15 AM
    thank you for all your suggestions!
    i just went to a local cellphone store to look at the cases. unfortunately, they only had a plastic case. it was pretty durable and i thought these cases wouldn't hold together well since its just snapped on. but when i tried to get it off my phone, it was really really hard to get off. even the salesperson had a hard time taking it off.
    so i think i am going to go with the hard plastic cases.
    thank you again for the advise!!
    11-15-07 12:09 AM
    is there any cases that have a clear cover over the screen?
    11-15-07 12:18 AM
    Yes, there are. The crackberry store has a great selection. Here's a direct link to curve cases:

BlackBerry Cases | ShopCrackBerry
    11-15-07 12:21 AM
    I think the hard plastic case from Seidio is quite nice; seems durable...
    I bought their super slim crystal case ... or something along those lines ... and it totally SUCKED! ... they left a small gap in the upper left corner for what they were calling "easy access" to take the case off ... when in reality it just made it come off as it was in your pocket or when you pressed the mute button ... not impressed with Seidio at all ...
    11-15-07 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD