I've just received a brand new T-Mobile branded 8220 that I bought on Ebay. The phone is brand new (still has plastic on it), but there's this minor (but ANNOYING) problem.

The plastic case to the right of the keypad (below the sidekey) does not fit very well and squeaks loudly whenever I press the right sidekey.

Not only does this make it feel (and sound) cheap, but it also prevents me from using my phone to take notes during meetings and embarrasses me around clients. What should I do?

Is this something that can be fixed easily? I don't want a new phone (unless it's unlocked).
    11-19-08 03:55 PM
    i would try to send it back to the seller and ask for another flip, or even get another on ebay.
    11-19-08 04:50 PM
    I bought mine from t mobile and it has done this same thing from day one! I haven payed it much attention since it doesnt seem to hurt anything. I work in the plastic injection industry and I do know that sometimes the plastic surfaces that end up touching in an assembly that are molded from like materials do sometimes end up squeaking , just the nature of the beast.
    11-19-08 10:57 PM
    Yes the design seems to be made a bit of light thin plastic that has little support...mine creaked from day one and if you squeeze it on the sides it creaks too....tried two both the same.
    11-21-08 08:01 PM
    mine doesn't squeak...
    11-21-08 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD