Which do most of you prefer for a Curve, a gel case and a screen protector, or the sleave it comes with. I hate carrying A phone and a sleave but it is the best protection. But if i drop it out of the sleave thena gel case would be better. Gel case = no sleave. Are gel cases worth the money, do they rip or get dirtty looking after a while? Thanks
    01-12-09 03:31 PM
    I prefer my OtterBox. =)
    01-12-09 03:38 PM
    there is a casemate one in the crackberry store that i love. it was 20 bucks and WELL WORTH THE PRICE.

also, you can get a bigger case and put the bb inside the silicone skin and that inside the holster. i see you have the curve. get the holster that is meant for the 8830 WE and it will work just fine in the skin.
    01-12-09 03:41 PM
    Personally I rather drop my phone and break it and buy a new one rather than carrying it in an otter box

I just use the sleeve that is provided
    01-12-09 04:03 PM
    I had the otterbox for my curve, I liked it but I got tired of it being on my hip. So I gave it to my dad, and I now use the sleeve that came with it and I have a gel case that I use at times. Most the time I use the sleeve that came with it though.
    01-12-09 04:09 PM
    I use a Speck clear case and a BSE. The sleeve I throw out immediately.
    Silicone skins offer no real protection and the OtterBox is the
    single most hideous case I have ever owned.
    01-12-09 04:41 PM
    i use the gel skin....its ok less bulky than the sleeve.....doesnt fade or anything its just ok lol
    01-12-09 04:51 PM
    I used the sleeve at first, til I got my first scratch lol since then I just leave it bare. Its held up pretty well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 05:54 PM
    I had the otterbox for my curve, I liked it but I got tired of it being on my hip. So I gave it to my dad, and I now use the sleeve that came with it and I have a gel case that I use at times. Most the time I use the sleeve that came with it though.
    I loooooove my OtterBox, but I probably won't ever carry it on my hip. I know it's a little bulky, but I've yet to find anything that offers the same amount of protection for my Curve.
    01-12-09 06:36 PM
    I've got a body glove.... Got it from verizon.... $24.99 plus had a corporate disc.... Tight fit plus a screen protector.... You can change a piece on the back to either use a clip or have it flat.... I've used the silicone skin, sleeve that came with it, and I've had other protectors but the body glove has been the best for me. Its already survived a few drop but not one scratch on my curve!!! Plus, its got a fabric type lining so no marks from it are left on the phone

01-12-09 07:11 PM
    I've got BSE and the sleeve it came with. I like it in my pocket and don't like the front just hanging out there. I have looked into other pouches for something that might be better looking.

01-12-09 07:42 PM
    I know which one u are talking about.. Had one for my voyager.. I loved it.. Was perfect.. Didn't know they made it for the curve... Will have to check.. Thanks for the heads up!

01-12-09 07:43 PM
    Sleeve or naked. While the gel protects it from smudges on the back and absorbs some impact, it doesnt do much in terms of protection. While the sleeve, has much better protection...only while in the sleeve of course. But I do enjoy the vibrate twice feature, making my BB more personal and less loud when around others.
    01-12-09 08:09 PM
    I use a rubber sleeve along with a leather holster. I found a holster on eBay that works perfectly with the sleeve on. I have on the rare occasion accidentally dropped my Curve and both the rubber sleeve has prevented scratches and the holster padded the drop with no damage. The holster also has the sleeper magnet which helps with battery life.
    01-12-09 08:16 PM
    I use a Speck clear case and a BSE. The sleeve I throw out immediately.
    Silicone skins offer no real protection and the OtterBox is the
    single most hideous case I have ever owned.
    Amen brother. Beyond Hideous.
    01-12-09 08:31 PM
    Amen brother. Beyond Hideous.
    Psssh! You all can rant and rave as much as you want.. My ugly-as-sin OtterBox also serves as a hater-blocker!
    01-12-09 08:51 PM
    I taher have ny phone break than have an otter box...ewwww

01-12-09 08:57 PM
    I taher have ny phone break than have an otter box...ewwww

Oops, I can't hear you......I have a hard protective shell completely blocking out your negative energy.. LALALALALA.... =p

Really, though.. I'm one of the most accident-prone people in the world and if I didn't have an OtterBox, I'd go broke having to purchase new phones due to my destructive tendencies.
    01-12-09 10:28 PM
    LMAO.. Hilarious 4N6NEX. I gotta see one of these things up close and decide for myself.
    01-12-09 10:48 PM
    I have the otterbox, it has saved my curve numerous times. I recommend it to all my friends, and yes it works well as a hater-blocker
    01-12-09 11:01 PM
    Psssh! You all can rant and rave as much as you want.. My ugly-as-sin OtterBox also serves as a hater-blocker!
    That is funny...

I have a Regina croc pouch for my Curve but I have to get something with a clip for when I don't have a pocket.
    01-12-09 11:28 PM
    I used the leather holster and loved it. Kinda bulky in my pants, but I learned to get use to it. Then I gave the silicone skin a try, hated it didn't even wear it for more than a day. So I just use it bare, and when not in use, it stays in a holster.

01-12-09 11:49 PM
    Really, though.. I'm one of the most accident-prone people in the world and if I didn't have an OtterBox, I'd go broke having to purchase new phones due to my destructive tendencies.
    Same here! I have only had my Pearl since the beginning of Dec, and if I didn't have my Otterbox defender, it would have already been dinged scratched and potentially busted.....in any event, I don't think that the otterbox is that ugly.....I know I am in the minority, but OH WELL.....
    01-19-09 07:38 AM
    Seidio Innocase in pink

claire
    01-19-09 07:46 AM
    Leather holster here, my pockets are too full of other stuff to stick a phone in them too
    01-19-09 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD