Hi, I usually like to put my phone in my pants pocket instead of clipping the holster on my belt.

What does anyone recommend as far as a skin, do they stick in your pocket, my wallet is usually in the same pocket.

What do you think of the pocket pouches?

Pocket pouch plus skin?

Thanks for any input.
    01-04-10 04:53 PM
    I use a pocket pouch. I used a Beyza case on my curve, eaccess on the Tour, and just ordered a Beyza too. I like the Beyza because the LED is cut out.
    01-04-10 05:07 PM
    If you like to slip it in and out of your pocket easy then get an invisible skin great protection and NO added bulk. If you need more protection then get an epik case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 07:32 PM
    Skin if you just want scratch protection. It's useless against impact damage though.

Unless you're talking about rubber skins... Can't tell if you mean skins like screen protector material, or rubberized skins.
    01-04-10 07:34 PM
    I have the pocket pouch and like it. The top of the phone does stick out of the case though. The top of the case lines up right under the ear piece and LED. That hasn't been an issue for me.

I started with the OEM Blackberry Gel Skin and didn't like it at all.
    01-04-10 08:08 PM
    I use an IS on my screen with a seidio innocase on my curve 8330 and doesn't stick in pocket.....
    01-04-10 08:21 PM
    I just go with no skin/case. I tried some in the past, but I just felt they were either too bulky or too rubbery. The screen on the Tour could use some protection, though.
    01-04-10 08:29 PM
    Thanks all. I'm getting a synthetic pocket pouch on ebay for $8.95 and free shipping. Same thing that's in the store for $14.95. Will let ya know how I like it.

I kind of like the idea of some kind of skin or protector if I happen to drop it out the case but doesn't sound like it would fit in with one on.
    01-04-10 08:34 PM
    i'm really digging my smrtcase, fits well and doesn't add much to the tour. it also has a spot in the back to slide about 5 of my business cards
    01-04-10 11:43 PM
    01-05-10 06:47 AM
    I have tried some skins and didn't like the fit. They also tend to pick up lint in your pocket. I wanted something slim, that didn't add too much bulk. The Seidio Innocase is perfect in my book. Not too rubbery, and doesn't add too much bulk.
    01-05-10 11:43 AM
    BSE skin on the screen only, OEM silicon skin on the rest since it cost me all of ~$2. Picks up lint like a mother in some coats/pants, but that's more of a laundry issue than a skin problem, isn't it?
    01-05-10 11:53 AM
    Im using the carrying pouch that came with the phone and i have a silicone skin on the phone itself. It was a sung fit when i first started using the combination but after awhile its started to fight like a glove.
    01-05-10 11:54 AM
    I have and like the Otterbox Commuter. It adds a bit of beef but works for me.
    01-05-10 12:21 PM
    Thanks all. I'm getting a synthetic pocket pouch on ebay for $8.95 and free shipping. Same thing that's in the store for $14.95. Will let ya know how I like it.

I kind of like the idea of some kind of skin or protector if I happen to drop it out the case but doesn't sound like it would fit in with one on.
    That's the case I ended up buying. I tried it with the OEM silicone case and it did not work well. It would pull the case off and bunch up a little. A silicone case that fits better may work ok.

The phone fits pretty tight in it. I can't imagine it falling out of it. I've had it for almost 2 months and it is still tight. The sides are elastic so after a while I guess it may lose some of its snugness.

My only concern is if I were to drop the phone while it was in the case. I'm sure it would land right on top since that part is exposed and that's just how it usually goes.
    01-05-10 01:35 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a high gloss styled silicone case for the Tour? I know the HTC Droid Eris has some, and I think the iPhone. It's a silicone case that's not quite rubber, and not fully plastic - it's like a mix, and I like them lol.
    01-05-10 02:11 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a high gloss styled silicone case for the Tour? I know the HTC Droid Eris has some, and I think the iPhone. It's a silicone case that's not quite rubber, and not fully plastic - it's like a mix, and I like them lol.
    i think you're referring to the epik cases. check ebay
    01-05-10 02:52 PM
    Ah, ok thanks. Found some for pretty cheap. A black & clear one. I think I'ma buy one. Thanks again... this is what I believe I was looking for. A combo of silicone and a hard case. Resin...
    01-05-10 03:10 PM
    i like the slim profile of incipio's ultralight feather slim form fit case with a screen protector. i can even fit the phone into some blackberry cases with the case on the phone when i want to use a case for the belt.
    01-09-10 01:34 AM
    I have and like the Otterbox Commuter. It adds a bit of beef but works for me.
    +1..................
    01-09-10 01:38 AM
    No Doubt for me Seidio innocase 2.. and you can get a cradle charger that works w/o taking off the case. There stuff is the least obtrusive 1 mm thin
    01-09-10 07:03 AM
    I have a hard case I got off of ebay. It does add some extra bulk but it gives it extra protection if I drop it because the shock is absorbed by the outside case. I've used it for every phone/blackberry i've had.
    01-09-10 11:18 AM
    I have a rubber Blackberry original skin for my tour in Red... Looks great and feels great on my hand...
    01-09-10 06:33 PM
    I currently do not run a case..only a privacy screen protector.

When I had my storm I had the incipio featherlight...loved them
    01-09-10 08:05 PM
    i prefer phantomskinz over IS. it is more slick and thus will be better since your phone is in the same pocket as your wallet. invisible shield will probably end up not coming out as smooth because it is tackier.
    01-09-10 10:55 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD