just looking for some input..

I'm ordering the 9000 koskin leather holster for my 9930 w/ a commuter on it..supposedly, it will fit..

before I place the order..I noticed that I can also get the OEM black hard shell for like $10 from amazon..worth it? I'm pretty sure that'll fit in the 9000 holster also, not to mention some of the spring-loaded clips that I like even better.

Basically, I'm asking - does anyone prefer the black hard shell vs. the commuter? I think the hard shell looks nicer and is a bit smaller - I'm worried that, since it looks to be flush w/ the face of the phone that it'll be prone to damages if dropped (vs the cupped edges of the commuter)? This true? Thoughts?
    09-27-11 07:36 PM
    just looking for some input..

I'm ordering the 9000 koskin leather holster for my 9930 w/ a commuter on it..supposedly, it will fit..

before I place the order..I noticed that I can also get the OEM black hard shell for like $10 from amazon..worth it? I'm pretty sure that'll fit in the 9000 holster also, not to mention some of the spring-loaded clips that I like even better.

Basically, I'm asking - does anyone prefer the black hard shell vs. the commuter? I think the hard shell looks nicer and is a bit smaller - I'm worried that, since it looks to be flush w/ the face of the phone that it'll be prone to damages if dropped (vs the cupped edges of the commuter)? This true? Thoughts?
    Can you post the link to the cheap OEM Hard Shell?
    09-27-11 10:32 PM
    I have the OEM Blackberry White/Grey hardshell case and it is ok...the Otterbox Commuter is amazing. The Otterbox is solid compared to the hardshell and I will most likely go with the Otterbox 90% of the time.
    09-27-11 10:38 PM
    I actually like the OEM hardshell, it's a good balance between protection and looks.
    09-27-11 10:57 PM
    Ok..

So, after double-checking the blackberry tip blog post that stated a 9000 holster would fit a cased 9930..I went ahead and cancelled the koskin order and, instead, correctly ordered the leather one via amazon..

Now, after reading comments/etc., it seems as though some users are having success with the koskin version..

I hate waiting for shipments only for them to be the wrong item..does anyone with a commuter know if, and if so - which, 9000 holster (koskin vs leather) works best with a 9930 in an otterbox commuter?
    09-27-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD