no case but sometimes i use a skin
    09-13-10 10:23 PM
    I use the OEM Koskin Holster. I may switch to a different case later on.
    09-13-10 10:43 PM
    So this looks like the Barely There case with a little more corner protection, is that right? Wish I would have seen this one before I just ordered the CaseMate Tough Hybrid last week. I really liked the look of the Barely There but didn't like the limited corner protection. If this Incipio has better protection on the corners maybe I'll still get it, we'll see.
    doesnt cover the corners quite as much as the tough hybrid but works well for me. and super light
    09-13-10 11:24 PM
    I don't like bulk and I want mine to easily slide in and out of my pockets so I use the Case Mate Barely There case.
    09-14-10 10:11 AM
    I use the holster and hard case combination from Seidio. Still looks like the day I bought it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-14-10 10:59 AM
    Sensa Leather pouch.
    Phantom skinz screen protector.
    Easy to pocket and looks professional when you take it out of your pocket, fits snug enough it takes a little effort to remove the phone. No worries of it flopping out.
    09-14-10 11:12 AM
    I carry mine in a Otter Box Commuter case with the Seidio spring lock holster. I have modified my case for use with the Seidio desktop charger
    09-14-10 11:52 AM
    I think that its funny how we all want and buy the thin good looking phones and then spend money making them bulky and not as attractive!! We then guard them with our lives just so they look brand new when we stick them in a drawer after the next upgarde....With that said I have mine in the Otterbox commuter!
    09-14-10 12:16 PM
    how about this one..... blackberry 8330 original leather pouch... nothing holds it better... and the new elastic pouches BB makes are not nearly as good quality
    09-14-10 12:19 PM
    Got my CaseMate Hybrid Tough case today and not liking it a ton so far. It's a little bigger and bulkier than I thought it would be, but then again I've never had a case that big before; had a BB skin on my 8330. Maybe I'll get used to it a little more, but I do think it takes a lot away from the great looks of the phone. Also, I have issues with the sides while using keys, especially the Alt key. Hopefully it grows on me, otherwise I'm hoping the Barely There case or the other thin one (forget the name now) mentioned earlier in this thread go on sale some time
    09-14-10 12:47 PM
    I carry mine in a Otter Box Commuter case with the Seidio spring lock holster. I have modified my case for use with the Seidio desktop charger
    How does the commuter case fit with the spring lock holster?
    I have the seidio surface case and it is already borken - just from taking it in and out of the spring clip.
    09-14-10 12:48 PM
    Not me, not anymore. I used to spend $100s on cases, and upgrade the phone in 6 months. No more. I will save the $$ if I want to fix a damaged case I will just buy a new housing

That being said, my phones don't usually get dropped.
    09-14-10 12:51 PM
    How does the commuter case fit with the spring lock holster?
    I have the seidio surface case and it is already borken - just from taking it in and out of the spring clip.
    It fits really well. At first it is a little tight, but after a few days it is smooth going in and out. I had the same setup with my storm 2, but I always had to lock the spring holster to hold it in to make sure it didn't pop out, but with this case I don't have to lock it as it fits much better. I love the combo. I had the surface case also and broke the clips that hold the case together the first time I installed it. Otter Box is the way to go. Especially since I modified it to work with my desk top charger!
    09-14-10 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the info.
    I just ordered the Otterbox Commuter to go with the Seidio Innocase clip.
    I just wish they made the Otterbox in different colors. I have 2 phones.
    09-14-10 04:49 PM
    Picture comparison of my two favorite cases, the Case-Mate Hybrid and Epik Resin, next to a nude berry. Personally, I like the way it looks in an Epik case better than without.
    09-14-10 05:24 PM
    Got my CaseMate Hybrid Tough case today and not liking it a ton so far. It's a little bigger and bulkier than I thought it would be, but then again I've never had a case that big before; had a BB skin on my 8330. Maybe I'll get used to it a little more, but I do think it takes a lot away from the great looks of the phone. Also, I have issues with the sides while using keys, especially the Alt key. Hopefully it grows on me, otherwise I'm hoping the Barely There case or the other thin one (forget the name now) mentioned earlier in this thread go on sale some time
    If anyone wants a 12-hour old CaseMate Hybrid Tough case (black on black) with the original box and all original pieces except the screen protector (which I foolishly installed otherwise I'd simply return it) for a heckuva deal at $16 plus $3.99 shipping to the US (paid $22.99 new on Amazon plus $3.99 shipping), feel free to PM me

This case is just too bulky for me, even though I wouldn't call it overly thick. I'm just used to much smaller, having only had a BB skin on my Curve 8330. It feels like a brick in my hand. As much as I love this phone, I don't think I could stand having a case I just don't like on it; it makes me dislike my phone. If I just had a Curve or even the new Curve 9300 I could probably make it work, but with the chrome bezel and everything else that makes this phone look so great, the size covers up how good it looks. I think I'm going to go to the Incipio Feather case or Barely There.
    Last edited by pistolpetefan23; 09-14-10 at 11:37 PM.
    09-14-10 11:33 PM
    doesnt cover the corners quite as much as the tough hybrid but works well for me. and super light
    Well, as you can see from my above post I'm not too big of a fan of the Case Mate Hybrid. Thinking of going to the Incipio. How is the charging port on it? I see all the listings say it's for the Tour, and of course the Bold and Tour ports are slightly different with some cases causing issues. If you say yours lines up well enough to work ok I'll probably go with the Incipio. Now just have to decide on a color; black, indigo, or maybe red.
    09-14-10 11:39 PM
    I use the black innocase surface 2 for the 9730 it works fine,
    and the black seidio snap. I also charge with
    the seidio craddle. Good set up
    09-15-10 01:54 AM
    I just let mine run nekkid and carry it in my pocket. The only time I've ever dropped my BlackBerry was when I was taking it out of a case. I get a yearly upgrade and carry insurance for fatalities. The insurance is kind of a ripoff, but they do take care of you if you need them.

09-15-10 05:11 AM
    Best case Ive found has been the incipio silicrylic, I use the one that I had for the tour and now use it for the bold 9650, in my opinion, better than the otterbox commuter.
    09-15-10 08:38 PM
    Well, as you can see from my above post I'm not too big of a fan of the Case Mate Hybrid. Thinking of going to the Incipio. How is the charging port on it? I see all the listings say it's for the Tour, and of course the Bold and Tour ports are slightly different with some cases causing issues. If you say yours lines up well enough to work ok I'll probably go with the Incipio. Now just have to decide on a color; black, indigo, or maybe red.
    sent u a pm but for the other ppl, the difference for the port location is only about a 1/4 inch. im still able to plug in the charger or usb cord without removing the cover. no problems with the cover. pics:

09-16-10 12:45 AM
    Pocket Case
    09-16-10 06:14 PM
    I just got my black Incipio Feather case in and it feels much better in my hand and when using the phone than the CaseMate Hybrid Tough did. As I said before, the CaseMate is a nice case, just not what I am used to so decided to switch. The Incipio case offers better than expected coverage of the corners of the device, although hopefully I never have to test it out It is made for the Tour so the charging port opening is just off, but I've still been able to charge just fine with OEM and non-OEM cables and adapters. Definitely a nice case for those looking for a minimalistic approach that still shows off the good looks of the device. At $14.63 with free shipping on eBay, it's a nice and cheaper alternative to the Barely There as well, and has more color offerings.
    09-21-10 12:37 AM
    Original RIM leather pouch for Storm 2 9520 scratched my battery door. I'm never trusting RIM-made accessories again. Handsfree set for my Curve 8520 stopped working before 6 months was up, another handsfree set for my Storm 2 started to become shaky(sound stops coming through once in a while during calls) just within a month.

Anyway, if I'm carrying a Curve or Bold I'd carry it naked and without a screen protector. Different story for my Storm 2 - it has a glass screen which shatters pretty easily on impact. Not a pretty sight and a hefty fee to pay to replace the screen. I invested in an OtterBox Commuter for my S2.

However, here's a quote from amazinglygraceless for all of you:

I have absolutely no regimen for protecting my phone(s). It's a damn tool. I also
    DO NOT insure these things.

In my history I have dropped my phone down every stair of the Traveler's Tower (
    all concrete), carried it in to structure fires and accident scenes, drop it at least
    3 times a day, dropped one (Pearl) into a cup of tea, use as a door chock when I forget
    my keycard, and generally "abuse" the thing to extremes.

It is a phone people. Nothing more, nothing less. This idea of protecting it as if
    it were a holy artifact is not only silly but complete anathema to me.
    09-21-10 01:41 AM
    Skin,plus a neoprene case.I have never dropped my
    Phone.nor do I let others use it, generally

09-21-10 02:07 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD