I don't like cases at all, however my bold 9650 hit the concrete thanks to my friend knocking it out of my hand...

Luckily that wasn't the only problem and i had it exchanged.

SO i didn't want that to happen again so i went to best buy and got a BB skin for the phone. I got the one that fits the tour... It was 4.00

What a steal..

So do other people use cases or go naked?

also what are other skins for the 9650 that are nice and small?
    07-12-10 08:46 PM
    Both depending on my mood.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 09:01 PM
    I honestly hate cases! I went about a week after getting my bold, and spoiling it like a baby. No case on at all. I love how much lighter and more sleek it is without one.
    But, I grew so paranoid and now have a hard silicone case that fits the tour.
    These cases are the only ones I truly like because I feel they are the smallest, and don't look too bulky on it.

Last edited by AshlynLovesHerBB; 07-12-10 at 09:32 PM.
    07-12-10 09:05 PM
    Where do u get that case?
    07-12-10 09:23 PM
    No case I carry it in my pant pocket and I can feel the vibrations better. Oh Yaaaa, but that is a nice fitting gel case.
    Last edited by nmaguire001; 07-12-10 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Added More
    07-12-10 09:31 PM
    I purchased mine in a mall kiosk. I was too impatient to wait to receive one from online purchase (which is SO much cheaper).

Here's an ebay link to the same case with different design-
    1 Hard Silicone Skin Case Cover Blackberry Bold 9650 GREEN - eBay (item 200486618791 end time Jul-22-10 10:06:59 PDT)
    07-12-10 09:33 PM
    I use a leather side case with the sleep feature. But it's mostly naked.
    07-12-10 10:08 PM
    SO i didn't want that to happen again so i went to best buy and got a BB skin for the phone. I got the one that fits the tour... It was 4.00

What a steal..
    I think I got the same $4 silicone Tour skin that you have. They have the "updated" version in Best Buy now... but for $16. The only "update" that I could tell was that the cardboard packaging now says "for BlackBerry 9650 and 9630." Old and new skins look exactly the same, including the cut-out for the USB port.

But, I ended up returning it as the sides would pucker out because the fit wasn't very good after a few days. I have an Otterbox Commuter now and it doesn't add too much bulk, but feels sturdy, and the silicone part fits more snug.
    07-12-10 10:15 PM
    Yea, all the bb skins fit loose... o well.
    07-12-10 10:19 PM
    I don't care for a case too much. I put a phantom skinz on mine-chromatic color-poppin pink. My husband has a phantom skinz on his in clear. He uses the leather holster.
    07-12-10 10:20 PM
    Otterbox Commuter for Tour. I had to cut the usb port cover off as it wouldn't "plug" in as it was rather annoying.
    07-12-10 10:29 PM
    I'm rocking the Otterbox Commuter also. Had the Defender but it was like carrying a tank round around, and the silicon being the outer layer wouldn't slide in a pocket that well.

With the Commuter, the hard shell is the outer layer(easy slide in and out), AND it fits in the leather holster do I can still wear it with a suit. I also had to do a little exacto surgery to get the charger to fit.
    07-12-10 10:52 PM
    otterbox defender.....sure its a bulky but i do like that it completely protects my phone...screen and keyboard and all. i love it!
    07-12-10 10:59 PM
    I use the holster. I baby the phone and I still found a scratch on the screen.
    07-12-10 11:18 PM
    I'm using the Incipio Feather that I had from my tour. I spent so my time "decorating" it that I really felt guilty letting it just sit around with no phone to go on. All I did was "shave" a tiny bit from the charging port opening on the case and it works flawlessly with my Bold. I couldn't be happier. :-D

07-12-10 11:40 PM
    any great super thin "skin" silicone, gelly, or rubber cases anyone can reccomend?

Im using the BB official one for the tour, and i like it ok, but just wanna check out some more.
    07-12-10 11:56 PM
    Otterbox Commuter because it is the best of the Defender and the Impact. It is light and does not add much bulk and protects it pretty completely.
    07-13-10 12:51 AM
    i got a silicon skin on it.
    07-13-10 01:06 AM
    Otter box defender!!! Great case!

07-13-10 02:06 AM
    Otterbox Commuter as well. Dropped the phone when pulling it out of my pocket the other day and it landed head first on concrete. Really impressed that the phone escaped without even a scratch on the case.

07-13-10 02:07 AM
    Can I put the otterbox commuter in my pocket easily? sometimes those rubber silicon cases dont slide in pockets easily? where is the cheapest place to buy the case?
    07-13-10 06:21 AM
    Can I put the otterbox commuter in my pocket easily? sometimes those rubber silicon cases dont slide in pockets easily? where is the cheapest place to buy the case?
    The hard outer case over the silicon sleeve makes it easy in-easy out for pockets. I really like mine, and it worked great protecting the phone the one time it's been called upon to do its job when I didn't do mine all that well....

I bought the updated case for the Bold right after Otterbox released it, so I purchased it through their website instead of taking a risk that I'd receive a 9630 case. I've read on here that they're more widely available now and that there be coupons. Good luck!
    07-13-10 06:53 AM
    It works like a charm. The Defenders outer layer being silicon was a big reason I switched from it to the Commuter. Its a fantastic case

07-13-10 07:06 AM
    I use the seidio snap i like it because its light
    and i can use seidio chargeing cradle.
    not a huge amount of protection but real cool
    looking case...pricey

seidioonline.com
    07-13-10 07:29 AM
    Most times I use the BB silicone skin that I got with my Tour. Once in a while I use the OEM holster.
    07-13-10 07:29 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD