Just wondering im in the minority of Bold owners who does not use any sort of case/wallet/skin etc?

I just cant stand the look of them and prefer my Bold in all its naked glory. I dont cradle my phone like a baby either but i certainly dont go throwing it across the room or dropping it on a regular basis. imo a scratch here or there is a sign of a well used and loved phone that loves doing its job well!

Now before the search-nazis go wild on me i just want to say ive done a heap of searches and this has basically triggered this thread. it seems everyone has a case here?

So, how is it? Does anyone here use no case whatsoever like me? why?
    04-29-09 07:28 PM
    Sometimes I go no case, just my invisibleshield screen protector.

Most of the time I have the OEM black skin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 07:29 PM
    is that the silicon type nfrederick?

aside from personal preference of looks, you dont find its too bulky in your pocket? or makes its more difficult to slip in and out of your pocket?
    04-29-09 07:32 PM
    I use both the holster and a skin, the holster for work and the skin when I'm at home. However I'm at the mall (not working) and I'm using the holster so I guess however I'm feeling when I'm out and about

04-29-09 07:36 PM
    my buddy has a curve which i feel is same as bold looks wise and he never has a case on it. i have seen him drop it on the cement ,in the snow for like half hour, and he always throws it onto his desk, of couse housing is scratched but phone still works,,,plus he just got a new housing and BOOM brand new phone. i wouldnt have a case on my storm but i have a case of the dropsies.
    04-29-09 07:42 PM
    I prefer raw as wll

04-29-09 07:54 PM
    I don't use one right now, but I'm going to use this one now:
    Case-Mate BlackBerry Bold 9000 Carbon Fiber Leather Case (Case-Mate BB9000C-BCF), BlackBerry Bold Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather - Model 9000

The only cases I like are ones I don't have to remove or open constantly in order to use the phone.
    04-29-09 07:56 PM
    I its the silicon skin, it is kind of a pain getting out of the pocket.

I have been wanting to get the case-mate case ( whole case not just the back, carbon fiber leather )

04-29-09 07:58 PM
    Just wondering im in the minority of Bold owners who does not use any sort of case/wallet/skin etc?

I just cant stand the look of them and prefer my Bold in all its naked glory. I dont cradle my phone like a baby either but i certainly dont go throwing it across the room or dropping it on a regular basis. imo a scratch here or there is a sign of a well used and loved phone that loves doing its job well!

Now before the search-nazis go wild on me i just want to say ive done a heap of searches and this has basically triggered this thread. it seems everyone has a case here?

So, how is it? Does anyone here use no case whatsoever like me? why?
    I use a Seideo cover. It works great and I've got a belt clip for. It too. Gotta use protection!

04-29-09 10:42 PM
    i just use a skin case about 30% of the time - one pair of pants has pockets that seem to drop the phone a lot, so i use it then, or if i'm going out somewhere rough

rest of the time, naked and blacked out
    04-29-09 10:44 PM
    my BlackBerries have always been in a silicone skin. i cant have them naked. it hurts when i see scratches on my phone. i like protecting them as much as possible.

this is what i use with my bold now.
    Black BlackBerry Bold Skin

previous owner gave it to me with the phone. but i have always used OEM BlackBerry skins.
    04-29-09 10:49 PM
    I have several cases that I switch out on my BOLD. But, I have a screen protector and now carry it in my pocket- depending on my activity for the day. IMO, if you know that you have the "drops", get the case and/or insurance. "by accident" drops does not help when you BB has a scratched/cracked screen
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 04-29-09 at 10:58 PM.
    04-29-09 10:51 PM
    I don't use one right now, but I'm going to use this one now:
    Case-Mate BlackBerry Bold 9000 Carbon Fiber Leather Case (Case-Mate BB9000C-BCF), BlackBerry Bold Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather - Model 9000

The only cases I like are ones I don't have to remove or open constantly in order to use the phone.
    Yeah, the one is use more often is my Case-Mate.
    04-29-09 11:00 PM
    I don't use a case, just my holster. I'm about to buy the Case-Mate case that covers the Bold fully.

04-29-09 11:04 PM
    I use a skin most often. or when im at work i drop it in my oem holster. Other than that, I could care less other than my phone works.
    04-29-09 11:05 PM
    Using BlackBerry Grey Skin. I'm anal about my "toys." Scratches or any sort of slight defect will make me go crazy. A tiny scratched on the OEM Bezel and I replaced it with the Black after trying to sand it out.
    I used to use the Holster but I lost it and don't have plans buying a new one.

04-29-09 11:31 PM
    Screen protector.... A must for me.
    Otherwise, naked good.
    Holster for concealed carry lol.

04-29-09 11:37 PM
    I just finally decided to get a red case mate silicon cose. I am getting it for free as well! haha. I helped a friend sell his spare iphone so the extra money he got, we bought cases for our berries.haha
    04-30-09 01:56 AM
    I hate worrying about it but my Bold rocks it au naturale. I hate how tough silicon makes it to get the phone out of my pocket, and there's still not a case around that's compatible with the charging pod, which is too convenient and pretty to give up.
    04-30-09 02:58 AM
    Is there a case that covers the screen? I am most worried about my screen.. Only got my bold for a week and also anal about keeping it pristine.. I placed a crystal case on it coz it covered the screen, back n side but it breaks easily.. Any suggestions? I too have looked and searched as well..

04-30-09 07:17 AM
    Is there a case that covers the screen? I am most worried about my screen.. Only got my bold for a week and also anal about keeping it pristine.. I placed a crystal case on it coz it covered the screen, back n side but it breaks easily.. Any suggestions? I too have looked and searched as well..

Get a screen protector. You can get a 3pk off Ebay for around $5 or so. Best money you will spend in protecting your Bold. Cases that coever the screen make the Bold overly bulky.
    04-30-09 10:50 AM
    I'm using the Seidio Innocase that's clear. Provides the safety of a hard case aswell as keeps the Bold attractiveness.

I'm just afraid of dropping my Bold, and if I ever use it without the case I get so scared

04-30-09 10:56 AM
    I like the case mate smart skin for typing. But have the gelaskin on it. So I like it naked.

04-30-09 11:08 AM
    Just a screen protector. Although, it does have a dedicated pocket in my handbag so it doesn't get scratched up.
    04-30-09 11:32 AM
    I prefer no case. I just use Zagg Invisible Shield for protection. Having a case gets annoying when you always have to put them in and out of the case
    04-30-09 11:44 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD